Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094254 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6960 on: October 06, 2014, 01:10:24 pm »

Noticing he reached legendary in both Fighter and Hammer, i decided to go test my character might with his iron warhammer in a nearby tower.

The multiattack tactic (1 hammer bash + 1 dodge) worked greatly , but the problem is that it's taking way too long to kill undead with pulping. I can't even imagine if my character wasn't at legendary how much longer it would have took if he missed more bash in the heads.

Because while sometime some zombies can fall surprisingly fast when you're lucky
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Other time, you can bash the damn thing, shattering the skull for dozen and dozen of attacks and the monster head isn't considered pulped.
And because for some reason zombies can jump around, it's taking even longer as when they jump they just evade your legendary bashing and you have to do it again and again, hoping they will not jump around again.

Anyways, managed to destroy a lot of them and i think, thanks to the multiattack tactic, that i have been hit only once, and it was deflected by my armor (good to have some divine items too :) ) .

+ 6 zombies in the notable kills (oddly a non-named zombie is in the notable kill list)

Hopefully there's no much more in the tower, it's taking so long.

In that adventure, i have noticed that the Fighter skill was climbing faster than the Hammer skill.

edit : decided to move now to the tower after destroying the truckload of zombies that were guarding its doors.

Oh well, truckload outside, and even more inside, i'll grind them all down another day.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 01:21:06 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6961 on: October 06, 2014, 02:25:14 pm »

With the (random animal) attacks you spam (and the spam where you get reports for every single 'attack' that isn't an attack), filling up the rumors list, I hardly bother reporting rumors anymore, given that theres hardly any point to doing it right now.

Also, can anybody confirm whether the undead in the tower respawn when you leave the site? That was a thing in 34.11
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 02:27:32 pm by smjjames »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6962 on: October 06, 2014, 03:31:28 pm »

Too much grind , too much time that isn't really fun. And after thinking about the possibility it's still buggy and they all respawn, not going to do that again, so let's try something else.
I decided to move my character, trying to outrun those damned zombies

For those wanting to play around the tower and experiment, i uploaded a save there from just before i decided to do the running around to get into the tower :
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=9868
it's a small world so the save isn't too big
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 03:35:34 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6963 on: October 06, 2014, 03:47:50 pm »

You could of course, find a vampire and drink their blood.

I actually had the idea of recruiting a demon and have the demon smash apart the zombies.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6964 on: October 06, 2014, 03:59:46 pm »

Very odd, i remembered someone in another thread suggesting saving/reloading sometime helped with screwed up reactions , and .. it did.

Now all the undead are neutral to me as they should

I'll have to remember the save/load trick next time i see nonsense happening regarding reactions  and factions (easy, as there's very few making sense in current version anyways). That's really buggy if you need to save/load to have things make more sense.

Oh well, there's another necromancer in town :)
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:01:58 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6965 on: October 06, 2014, 04:10:10 pm »

I thought they were supposed to be aggro to you? Unless you're a vampire of course.

I've tried the save-reload thing for screwed up reactions and it doesn't seem to really work, then again, it's hard to tell whether the reaction is normal unless it flat out makes no logical sense.

Fixing everything currently wrong with adventure mode could qualify as a sub-arc.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6966 on: October 06, 2014, 04:16:18 pm »

It was my understanding that mastering the secret of life and death gave you power over undead, so having them as your servants would make sense (especially if their previous master is dead, as this one is due to how buggy necrotowers are in df2014).
For the vampire i guess he was just ignored because he's not alive and so the undead do not consider him a target.

I noticed my living (as i wasn't a vampire before) necromancer does not need anymore to eat or drink.
I thought i needed to be vampire to get access to no more need of food or water.

Yes, so many wrong that it will be very hard work for Toady to fix all of that, i just hope the new emotion system will not add another layer of broken, making it even more difficult to fix

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6967 on: October 06, 2014, 04:16:27 pm »

Sadly, hordes in towers are respawning. But it's a lot easier just grab a iron short sword and a shield, and slash away head, then neck, or just neck to kill zombies. If there is no master able to reanimate them and you are not on evil biome you can just slash away arms or legs and They will stay in rest... to time, when somebody will reanimate them.

Are your own undeads agains you? Mine was not. Just reanimated by others want ate me... (It was pretty funny, when i saw undead armies fight)

Swords are the best.

And, about my adventurers. I peasent who want to be a hunter! But he just got his bow from fater. So i go to forest and i killd some animals, then trade them for more arrows and i made my storage on the tree. When i had 7 stacks of arrows i ran into forrest bear. I was running like hell, but he was faster so i climbed on the tree. When i was 4 tiles above him he... just stoped running agains me, so i shot him down. Then, when i was fallowing back, with 0.117 of my speed, because arrows are really heavy, i found camp with 4 bandits. I leave butchered leather, meat and other things on tree, and climbed on trees closer (with not even novice climbing!). I shot down bowman, crossbowman, and wresler. Other wresler was climbing on the tree, but i shot him into his hand and he fall into ground... on his head. Problem was chief, who had shield. I spend all 7 stacks on him, leaving one arrow just under my feets. He manage to wound my leg and arms with his sword, but i stabed him into neck using iron arrow and he just pass down... i strangled him to death... Luckly, my young hunter was able to move both his legs and arms after fight, so he get his bear throphy and left bodies for later looting. Oh, and he do not forgot about arrows from body, copper ones. Only 17 left, but they was only copper ones. Then... sasquath ambushed me in middle of forrest! He was really terrified, so he droped his backpack on floor and tried run onto tree, but monster was faster. He punched my adventurer into chest, breaking ribs and damaging lung. I was just jumping away and trying stab him into easiest to hit parts of his body, and jumping away.

I feld pretty luckly, at start, i was tearing away his skin and fat... When i feeld i can win he broke my upper part of leg...

Then GIANT spider (GCS) webbed monster who was trying to kill me. When spider was comming i was tring to get distance as fast as i was able. When i was away enough, on ground i was observing whole scene. Spider was biting all over body monkey predator. I lost my equipment, i lost my bear... but i have great story to say in tavern!

I retired him, he never killd any other human. In fact, he got lord possition after retire, because lady was killed by gobbos.
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6968 on: October 06, 2014, 04:21:14 pm »

It was my understanding that mastering the secret of life and death gave you power over undead, so having them as your servants would make sense (especially if their previous master is dead, as this one is due to how buggy necrotowers are in df2014).
For the vampire i guess he was just ignored because he's not alive and so the undead do not consider him a target.

I noticed my living (as i wasn't a vampire before) necromancer does not need anymore to eat or drink.
I thought i needed to be vampire to get access to no more need of food or water.

Yes, so many wrong that it will be very hard work for Toady to fix all of that, i just hope the new emotion system will not add another layer of broken, making it even more difficult to fix

Necros are supposed to have [NOEAT] and [NODRINK], they still aren't immune to pain and will drown.

Also, the last time I tried to take on a tower, I brought some companions, the companions went down fast though.

And of course the new emotion system is likely to add a new layer of broken, that's expected with adding a new and complicated system.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:23:35 pm by smjjames »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6969 on: October 06, 2014, 04:25:22 pm »

Thanks, i thought only undead (or husk) had access to those powers.
Not that i'm complaining, less focus on food and water and more focus to world conquering :D

Sadly, hordes in towers are respawning. But it's a lot easier just grab a iron short sword and a shield, and slash away head, then neck, or just neck to kill zombies.
during my undead extermination, before i got bored of its repetition and ran into the tower, i switched to my divine short sword to see if it would kill zombies fasters than my iron warhammer pulping them.
a goblin zombie had his head sail away, but didn't die, an elf zombie had his neck sail away and didn't die.

Not sure if those were bugs, but i reswitched to my iron warhammer (and oddly killed those headless and neckless zombies by pulping their arms)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6970 on: October 06, 2014, 04:27:04 pm »

Thanks, i thought only undead (or husk) had access to those powers.
Not that i'm complaining, less focus on food and water and more focus to world conquering :D

Sadly, hordes in towers are respawning. But it's a lot easier just grab a iron short sword and a shield, and slash away head, then neck, or just neck to kill zombies.
during my undead extermination, before i got bored of its repetition and ran into the tower, i switched to my divine short sword to see if it would kill zombies fasters than my iron warhammer pulping them.
a goblin zombie had his head sail away, but didn't die, an elf zombie had his neck sail away and didn't die.

Not sure if those were bugs, but i reswitched to my iron warhammer (and oddly killed those headless and neckless zombies by pulping their arms)
Neck severings wont kill zoms. why idk.  Use blunt trauma.  Gotta pulp 'em or otherwise gorify 'em.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6971 on: October 06, 2014, 04:31:21 pm »

Lucky I have a silver warhammer just in case this attempt at a save/reload doesn't work.

Then again, I don't have any skill in it.

Oof, okay, that adventurer died. Switching back to the other adventurer who I had retired for a while.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 04:37:44 pm by smjjames »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6972 on: October 06, 2014, 05:06:37 pm »

Just paying a visit to the elven retreats, just to say hello

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6973 on: October 06, 2014, 05:54:22 pm »

Downloaded the mod that's similar to Wanderer's Friend but for DF2014 (forgot the name). Created a new world.
Hunted down some random person who was alone in their house, killed them, butchered them, then made 28 human bone breastplates.
Went to another house. Gave a resident the 27 I wasn't using in exchange for 2 gold coins, and they accepted.
This is Fun.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6974 on: October 06, 2014, 06:08:02 pm »

Has anybody noticed that sometimes one of your companions (or more than one) will just up and vanish when they get far enough away from you or when you sleep/wait? Especially in goblin sites?

I've noticed it several times, but I don't know if the evidence is solid enough to submit a bug report and it's really sporadic.

In one goblin pit where a bunch of my companions teleported somewhere, I came back later and looked with DFhack reveal after seeing in Legendsviewer that there were various outcasts there that corresponded to my adventuring companions. It turned out that the entrance was split from the tower that was supposed to be the entrance (since it was in a steep river valley, I think the terrain screwed it up, site generation really does not like extreme terrain) and the companions were actually in the residential area (and a few in the pit area).

I suspect that the same happened in a Dark Tower site at least once, but it's a mega PITA to look for the missing companion.

Also, I think the same just happened to me in a dark pit where I waited or slept for an hour to let an injured companion recover and bam, he disappeared.

Hm, I think I'll try and replicate this.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 06:31:43 pm by smjjames »
Pages: 1 ... 463 464 [465] 466 467 ... 1104