Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094072 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6870 on: September 28, 2014, 09:47:47 pm »

Probably linked to my attribute setup :

in which i usually get high social awareness and above average in Patience and Empathy (that probably help)

FireCrazy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: September 29, 2014, 09:01:07 am »

Max Social Awareness skill gets you 12 companions total from my experience.

Anyway, was conquering (or slaughtering, if you prefer.) a dark pit when I realized it already had been conquered by my civ minutes ago. I only found out about it after questioning a goblin. -_-

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6872 on: September 29, 2014, 10:57:25 am »

Looks like the tomb battles, the mummy being taken down, then the multiattack tricks to defeat the undeads was worth it.

In the tomb i found lots of iron armor parts with *item* , meaning they are masterful quality

The difficulty is that most are engraved and at first i didn't paid attention in the order of the symbols, that makes a big difference (so once i understood i came back to get other parts)

*<<-item->>*  means that it's a only "well crafted" item with "masterful" engraving (so it not's really good item, you don't get X2 armor deflect bonus)
 -<<*item*>>-  means that it's a "masterful" item with only "well crafted" engraving (and so it's awesome item, you get the X2 armor deflect bonus, you don't care about engraving quality )
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 10:59:57 am by Robsoie »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: September 29, 2014, 12:28:00 pm »

I found out that giving creatures [Can_speak] via an interaction makes them appear as travelers.  Useful for marking their location, I guess.  Say if you created an immobile creature somehow and then gave it can_speak, it would mark that spot as long as it could speak.

Also, some douchebag macedwarf followed me across a river and attacked me after I was out of sight of my companions, fleeing when I went back into their sight.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: September 29, 2014, 01:16:13 pm »

Has anybody found sleeping animals in the tents that have the 'camping army sleeping forever' bug? Because I just found one that has a stray llama for some odd reason and it's not labelled as a recruit or anything.

Edit: When I slept to see if they'd do anything, me and my party promptly got attacked, so, I have no idea what's going on.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:28:30 pm by smjjames »

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: September 29, 2014, 01:30:04 pm »

I have no idea what's going on.
It was a drama llama. They are easily provoked.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: September 29, 2014, 01:39:24 pm »

Killed many respawning goblins (with sometime humans and elves spawning with them) on a goblin site, reported the many lists, and noticed one of the report was about "slew many foes" without any names oddly.
And after telling my lord this :

Very odd, i looked in the legends to see who was that guy my lord thought was such a great kill (as it was not the usual "it was inevitable")
Huh ?
A human that went to settle in a goblin civ and joined 3 goblin entities (and left one of them)
That human had no special role in those entities (unless fishery worker is a position of high power in goblin civs), didn't killed anything so why is that such a great kill in comparison to the "it was inevitable" spam for all the other reports ?

edit : looking at the parent entries i see that the father was abducted by goblins and became a ranger in their civ and killed 2 elves, he is still a member of the goblin civs.
the mother was too adbucted by goblins, joined them as a farmer and killed 1 elf

edit 2 : looked at the lord and his wife entries to see if they had some gruge with Anso or her parent, but nothing.
Though the lord's wife entry has some funny stuff going
She became the Lady of a place by using threat of violence.
"Now i'm your leader ... or else !!!"
:D

« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 01:48:57 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: September 29, 2014, 02:36:49 pm »

What the.... I found another one (or rather ran right over it in fast travel since I saw an army thing that looked like it split off from my group), it has an axedwarf (non-historical) with a doe rabbit recruit (wat), another rabbit, and two goats. All are asleep.

Should I go and add this one to the saves posted on the report for the sleeping army bug?

I'm using Peridexis's starter pack r1 with mayday graphics and DFhack has only pure bugfixes enabled.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6878 on: September 29, 2014, 02:51:13 pm »

She became the Lady of a place by using threat of violence.
"Now i'm your leader ... or else !!!"
That's how all the PCs do it, right? :P
()==[:::::::::::::>

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: September 29, 2014, 03:07:03 pm »

I'm certainly finding bugs today, just encountered a night creature when I noticed I couldn't target the head. Turns out it's head is gone.

Naturally, the instant it takes any damage, it dies.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 03:14:45 pm by smjjames »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: September 29, 2014, 03:49:56 pm »

Okay, the second sleeping animal army one just got wierder, they respawn when I kill them and go to fast travel.

Saiko Kila

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6881 on: September 29, 2014, 03:53:05 pm »

I found two lairs next to each other. When you poke out of one you see another one, so their inhabitants form a mini-village. One lair contains a were serpentwoman and a human boy, aged 15, also were. There are serpentwomans eggs in that lair so I assume they form a pair. Second lair contains a human woman, rather old (124 years) which profaned a temple when she was younger and was cursed with were-curse. The serpentwoman profaned the same temple, while the boy was bitten by yet another creature and survived the infection. So I have three (probably) different werecurses who form a community of sorts.

The serpentwoman is even willing to join me in adventures, if I fire one of companions. I'm a vampire, so I'm thinking about getting her into my team, I should be invulnerable to the curse and I've heard that serpent people are quite good fighters. Only problem I see is that villagers say that the serpentwoman is susceptible to iron. Iron weapons are common in this part of the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: September 29, 2014, 03:58:46 pm »

I found an small and empty sewer system, devoid of anything but door, statues and a band of elves.  Also this one human child.  I wonder if he wasnt some awesome little bandino.  Either way, as I was an elf and my companions were happy chatting them up we let them live.

Also, for whatever reason the only metal my home civ has is silver.  Its all silver spears and silver hammers and silver short swords stashed up in trees, next to various plant things.  I havent modded in any metal access to elves, so I presume they trade for it.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2014, 04:00:35 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6883 on: September 29, 2014, 06:46:14 pm »

In the tomb i found lots of iron armor parts with *item* , meaning they are masterful quality
*Item* means superior quality. ☼Item☼ is masterful.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: September 29, 2014, 07:11:59 pm »

Since my previous adventurer died to a vampire braining him (was trying to talk him down, but I think the vampire was mute, I dunno), I rerolled a new guy in another dwarven civ.

You know those random people in your home town/village/fort/retreat that hate you for no particular reason? Well, I wanted to exchange my bismuth bronze battleaxe for a steel one that a woodcutter had, and said woodcutter hated me for no particular reason. Thinking it was maybe that the relationships needed to be updated, I saved and reloaded, guy still hated me, though stopped spitting.

However, when I tried to trade, he kept saying to move closer even though i was right next to him. So, i decided that NPC was being a jerk, spat at him and left. I'll just get my steel axe from someone else.
Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 1104