Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093800 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6690 on: September 11, 2014, 03:10:19 pm »

Oh, i just noticed there was a ramp leading up in the upper right of the room , didn't noticed, so i went and it lead outside, there's a shrine like structure there :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyone already ran into something like that ? I never saw this.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6691 on: September 11, 2014, 03:30:19 pm »

Oh, i just noticed there was a ramp leading up in the upper right of the room , didn't noticed, so i went and it lead outside, there's a shrine like structure there :

Anyone already ran into something like that ? I never saw this.

Could be a razed temple. I've encountered similar things in my journeys. It could be that the group you encountered was a collection of priests and worshippers from the temple who happened to be in the catacombs, since catacombs can link up with dungeons and temples can be burnt down in worldgen.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6692 on: September 11, 2014, 03:43:07 pm »

Thanks, i think it could be it, as i never ran across a temple (only titans shrines) yet i have no idea how they're designed by the game.
And the catacombs you mention could explain all those corpses that seemed aligned in the keep underground corridors leading to that odd cult room.

Too bad it was not an "underground hellish cult and their sacrificed victims lying around" then, i wonder what happened here to destroy that temple, will have to check the legends

edit : apparently it is a "monastery" , from the legends the cult formed at the Monastery of Shoves that was built by the group that founded the city
As i don't see mention of them doing anything else, i assume this is the monastery in question.
I don't see mention of monasteries in the wiki, very odd as i don't use mods.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 04:07:31 pm by Robsoie »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6693 on: September 11, 2014, 03:46:23 pm »

A world war in which none know who their enemies are as chances are that one of the multiple groups they're each members from may be common.
Out of the joke, i think this multiple membership thing is actually a real problem for the game, probably explaining why there are so many non-hostile enemies or supposed allies that turn hostile.
darn kinda wish my ventures end with companions wanting to stab me in the back then again you can turn anyone who can talk into a companion even enemies though they would remember that they are either afraid of your or want you dead and revert... but that usually can be solved with some yielding and constant badgering. I think toady one even said companions have deep(?) reasons to join you on adventurers (to the death) and some times actions might cause them to break the alliance.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6694 on: September 11, 2014, 03:49:55 pm »

I went around killing some villagers after killing off many wolf, dingo, and human packs, and noticed my first companion, who'd been a companion to two previous adventurers of mine, had gained the doesn't care about anything anymore bit. I tested it out. Apparently killing his wife and two children and giving him their heads doesn't upset him at all. Yay!
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6695 on: September 11, 2014, 04:18:09 pm »

I went around killing some villagers after killing off many wolf, dingo, and human packs, and noticed my first companion, who'd been a companion to two previous adventurers of mine, had gained the doesn't care about anything anymore bit. I tested it out. Apparently killing his wife and two children and giving him their heads doesn't upset him at all. Yay!

How do you view whether your companion has that trait or not?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6696 on: September 11, 2014, 04:21:31 pm »

I'm not sure, I'm not good with adventure mode controls. I just started hitting keys, and got his description and emotions like in fortress mode. I have about 40 gameplay mods though, it might have been one of those.
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6697 on: September 11, 2014, 09:01:25 pm »

Thanks, i think it could be it, as i never ran across a temple (only titans shrines) yet i have no idea how they're designed by the game.
And the catacombs you mention could explain all those corpses that seemed aligned in the keep underground corridors leading to that odd cult room.

Too bad it was not an "underground hellish cult and their sacrificed victims lying around" then, i wonder what happened here to destroy that temple, will have to check the legends

edit : apparently it is a "monastery" , from the legends the cult formed at the Monastery of Shoves that was built by the group that founded the city
As i don't see mention of them doing anything else, i assume this is the monastery in question.
I don't see mention of monasteries in the wiki, very odd as i don't use mods.

Hmm. It's possible that Monastery of Shoves could be a procedurally generated temple name.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6698 on: September 11, 2014, 09:38:02 pm »

The procedurally generated temples have names like Monastery, Abbey, Sanctuary, Temple, and Cathendral.

In any case, I've only heard about the vampire cult stuff from the wiki, never ran into anything that resembled a vampire cult. Not that I'd recognize one on sight in DF and I've never heard NPCs mention about vampire cults either.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6699 on: September 11, 2014, 09:45:08 pm »

You're lucky then. Vampire cults are nasty. I myself was a vampire, and had 15 companions. We were slaughtered by copper, silver, bronze, and iron knives. All of us had armour. If you know it's a vampire cult, DO NOT piss them off.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6700 on: September 11, 2014, 09:51:27 pm »

What DOES a vampire cult look like in DF anyway?

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6701 on: September 11, 2014, 10:22:26 pm »

I found them standing in the bottom of an abbey with no priests in it.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6702 on: September 11, 2014, 11:18:25 pm »

FOUR FISHERMEN AND TWO CHILDREN.

The only "useful" migrant was a competent bowelf.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

blazing glory

« Reply #6703 on: September 11, 2014, 11:48:08 pm »

FOUR FISHERMEN AND TWO CHILDREN.

The only "useful" migrant was a competent bowelf.

Wrong thread.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #6704 on: September 12, 2014, 05:24:33 pm »

Started a new Human Outsider adventurer in a world where every race other than the gobs is extinct. I spawned in an abandoned cluster of dwarven hillocks, and saw that there was a fort. Me being me, I decided I might find something interesting there. Oh boy, did I find something interesting alright....

Oh boy! An FB, sitting around in the forges!

....Ew? Anyways, time to kill me a damn worm.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity
Pages: 1 ... 445 446 [447] 448 449 ... 1104