Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093806 times)

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6675 on: September 11, 2014, 03:18:47 am »

Ah, dammit. Could've become a vampire. That sure would've help kill the multiple night freaks I ran into. Bloody bastards kept biting off arms. What are they? Weak vampires or something?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6676 on: September 11, 2014, 03:31:31 am »

Ah, dammit. Could've become a vampire. That sure would've help kill the multiple night freaks I ran into. Bloody bastards kept biting off arms. What are they? Weak vampires or something?

those would be night trolls, they are actually quite tough.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6677 on: September 11, 2014, 07:46:45 am »

First contact with 40.12, i decide to test things by just randomly walk around the world with a couple of companions without getting any pieces of armor before.

I ran into a Lair and explored it.
There was a Cyclops , and he explained to my test character why not bothering with armor pieces is a mistake in the DF world :D

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6678 on: September 11, 2014, 09:21:54 am »

Ha, yeah. I tried that with a dwarven adventurer who was the last of a nearly dead dwarven civ, I had recruited the only other sapient being in the hillock, raided a fort for some armor, did no training, attacked a minotaur. Said minotaur gored (or punched) me in the hand, exploding it, I faint from the pain and the minotaur killed me..

The companion didn't even have a bow, despite having a quiver and being a bowman, tried giving him a battleaxe, but feh.

Edit: Okay, I don't know what exactly happened, but one of my fellow fortressmates turned around and killed me for no apparent reason. I've posted it up on the bug report for the morale issues.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 10:27:42 am by smjjames »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6679 on: September 11, 2014, 12:16:06 pm »

okay so playing 40.11 with oldgenesis and started running around murdering dusk elf lords and ladys and capturing their land, had a horde of undead who pretty much was modded to not horribly murder me... which resulted in them being passive to citizens but will attack aggressors so it's a good balance. so one towns I started noticing this flock of tame animals following me around, I figure they where coming to attack me or normally walk into the keep.
then one night after I rested on a throne I wake up to this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

and after that I just realize I have an animal army ready to maul any elven loser who doesn't agree to give a tribute.
here's the dog:
 this dog was leading the pack of tame animal troops made up of tigers, Leopards, alapacas, pigs, dogs, lions

this dog isn't alone he has this Tigeress who leads the other group of animals.

So I have 3 groups, the main undead horde, Dog ShockTroops, Feline Fallbacks, to top this weird stuff off I'm playing a illithid.

Don't know if this proves armies are real or also proves animal armies are real because I luck myself into this.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6680 on: September 11, 2014, 12:28:02 pm »

Rolled another human hearthperson " Ngojo Voicedmuted  " , my lord told me about bandits harrassing everyone , they were based on a town that was very close and directly south to us.

With how broken relationships between entities/groups seems to be, i wasn't expecting much but went to the city, there was no bandit in all those shops, so i moved to the keep close, there was a human lord, nothing suspicious, and a speardwarf, i asked the speardwarf " Datan Mengdakas " to join my party and he accepted.

Then i went downstairs as bandits often used to make their base under keeps in 34.11 and after a lot of slowdown that appeared then suddenly disappeared for no obvious reason after a while, i found a goblin boss, ah great, here was a bandit leader .

My halberd removed his neck on the first strike from behind (i was in stealth mode).
I then resumed exploration in case there were some more bandits, and in a room close to the bandit boss location i found a door with the ground being oddly sandy (underground of a keep with sand floor ?)

I went in and found a human named "sacred fame" and close there were 2 priests.
Looks like i found some strange underground cult, and with the bandit leader being so close, could the human be a disguised demon ? looked really like some hellish cult that my hearthperson duty was to end.
I attacked and slain one of the cultists.

Hal Ocdauce, sacred fame: Sinur Namedfaint is dead.  I must let grief pass me by.
Datan Mengdakas, Dwarf Speardwarf: Ngojo Voicedmuted killed Sinur Namedfaint.  I'm a little angry.
Datan Mengdakas, Dwarf Speardwarf: Death...  This is truly horrifying.
Huh ? my ally is angry at me killing the cultist ? hmm... i start to wonder if those are really bandit or if my ally is a bandit himself or if it's those entity/group broken relationships that kicks in

The sacred fame straps the bronze boning knife to her Upper body.
Datan Mengdakas, Dwarf Speardwarf: Sinur Namedfaint is dead.  I must let grief pass me by.
Hal Ocdauce, sacred fame: Ngojo Voicedmuted killed Sinur Namedfaint.  I'm a little angry.
The Stray Cat licks herself.
Datan Mengdakas, Dwarf Speardwarf: I am the death of Thefin Hailscars, whose insignificant name I struggle to recall!
The Stray Cat head-bumps the sacred fame.
Hal Ocdauce, sacred fame: I've defeated many fearsome opponents!
There i wasn't sure what was going on, the "sacred fame" strapping his knife to his body in the middle of the fight ? and both my speardwarf ally and him bragging about their kills.

Hal Ocdauce, sacred fame: This is a fight!  I laugh in the face of death!
You slash The sacred fame in the neck with your bronze halberd, tearing apart the skin through the blue peafowl leather cloak!
The sacred fame misses You!
You slash The sacred fame in the upper body with your bronze halberd, tearing apart the muscle and shattering the left true ribs through the blue peafowl leather cloak!
An artery has been opened by the attack!
A tendon in the left true ribs has been torn!
The sacred fame gives in to pain.
The sacred fame loses hold of the llama wool hood.
The sacred fame loses hold of the alpaca wool cap.
The sacred fame loses hold of the bronze boning knife.
You slash The sacred fame in the head with your bronze halberd and the severed part sails off in an arc!
Hal Ocdauce, Animal Trainer has been struck down.
Looks like "sacred fame" of the cultists has fallen, i destroyed this bandit place of evil.
The Dwarf Speardwarf attacks You but You jump away!
The Dwarf Speardwarf misses You!
Datan Mengdakas, Dwarf Speardwarf: Hal Trimcalls is really dead.  I must let grief pass me by.
What the ... my ally is now trying to kill me !

Unfortunately during the battle, the dwarf got a lucky strike that hit a bone, and in DF hitting a bone = unconscious = you're dead soon
The Dwarf Speardwarf stabs You in the right lower arm with his copper spear, fracturing the bone through the +donkey leather coat+!
A ligament has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
You give in to pain.
And so my guy died a few more stab in the head later.

I made another adventurer mostly for test and went to the keep to hire the dwarf and see if he was now a bandit, but it appeared he wasn't
Looking into the legends it appeared that my dwarf ally ceased to be an ally as soon as i killed the 1st cultist

And looking into that cult, it was named the "Cult of Bravery"

That for a time was ruled by a night creature !

The strange thing is that my backstabbing ally not only was NOT a member of the "Cult of Bravery" but is considered a rumoured killer by it, and he wasn't a bandit either as he was too a hearthperson (and his group consider him a rumoured killer too) :

I checked the lord of the keep from which the dwarf was a hearthperson , and that lord had no link to the "Cult of Bravery".
So i guess it's another entities/groups relationship breakage as it does not make sense.

edit : i think i found the source of the problem, the first cultist was apparently a member of the same group as both the keep lord and then the dwarf, and for some odd logic, it made him break out of my party.
Oh well, looks like NPC can be members of groups that have no link with each other so fights will always make angry people on your side due to their own group membership with other unrelated factions.

So i guess as long as everyone is a part of multiple groups at the same time, things will not get better for making sense
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 12:34:13 pm by Robsoie »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6681 on: September 11, 2014, 01:09:11 pm »

so in other words don't go around punching folks with diplomatic immunity or you might spark a world war.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6682 on: September 11, 2014, 01:47:48 pm »

A world war in which none know who their enemies are as chances are that one of the multiple groups they're each members from may be common.
Out of the joke, i think this multiple membership thing is actually a real problem for the game, probably explaining why there are so many non-hostile enemies or supposed allies that turn hostile.

To solve i imagine an individual should have only 1 group membership, if he get into another group, he should automatically marked as ex-member of the previous group he was a part of, instead of accumulating group memberships and leading into those strange reactions.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 01:58:27 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6683 on: September 11, 2014, 02:13:05 pm »

I've never run into one of those cult thingies.

Also, ARG, Toady One really needs to look into those crashes in forest retreats.

MuseOD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6684 on: September 11, 2014, 02:16:29 pm »

After finding the house where the bastard whose forces sacked my previous fort was, I vowed to pillage it, murder the demon who ruled the lands, and kill anyone who got in my way. This, so far has involved about thirty civilians, nineteen soldiers, and a dozen leaders. Most killed by the one-two punch of a silver bolt and a warhammer to the face. I found this oddly round slade building, and went inside. My framerate dived. In the first room, there was a goblin soldier who leapt towards me. After easily parrying his sword strike and giving his head a skylight, I noticed a troll in the corner. There were several oddities about said troll. First, the troll didn't attack me. He just stood there, gazing at me, as if to say I SWER ON ME MUM I'LL BASH UR FOOKIN ED IN and not doing anything. Second, he didn't respond when I said hi. Third, he was wearing clothing. Oddest of all, he was wearing mostly troll-fur clothes.  I spent an age navigating the dark corridors, coming across several large collections of weapons and large armour, guarded by silent trolls, some of whom had professions. I don't think I'd ever see the day when my adventurer would encounter a troll clerk. In all the rooms were statues of various sorts of fish, executed skillfully in slade. I came across two prisons, and recruited all the prisoners into my party. I have two elf children and four dorfs. I haven't yet found the demon, and have decided to take a break until the river bug is fixed because it makes it unplayable.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6685 on: September 11, 2014, 02:21:04 pm »

That's incredibly odd... It sounds like an underworld pit, but unresponsive trolls is a new one to me. Maybe the demon is leading his troops? If you're lucky, the little puke is made of vomit: you can decapitate a vomit demon with one tough punch.
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6686 on: September 11, 2014, 02:26:56 pm »

River bug? What are you talking about?

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6687 on: September 11, 2014, 02:32:05 pm »

I've never run into one of those cult thingies.

Also, ARG, Toady One really needs to look into those crashes in forest retreats.
I sent a new adventurer to recon that place.

Here is it, i'm 2 Z-axis down under the keep of the city :

And there's the strange door with the floor ground that become white sand.
The corridor on the bottom is full of dead humans and dwarves, no idea who killed them, not me or any of my companions, maybe cult sacrifices ?

Here's the cult place, the dead U to the left was the "sacred fame" of that cult, with a big a hole in the middle of that place.

that's the bottom of the hole , there's a dead U that in fact are 2 dead people, one was the cultist priest i killed and apparently made the dwarf changing side, the other one i have no idea who this was (not one i killed)

Not in the screenshot, but there are sometime cats moving in that cult room, no idea where they come from.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2014, 02:37:10 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6688 on: September 11, 2014, 02:48:36 pm »

Is 300 years of worldgen enough time for those to show up? I usually do 250-300 year worldgens.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6689 on: September 11, 2014, 02:58:10 pm »

This world is +/- 60 years old only, to avoid too much overpopulations in some sites and makes the game unplayable, i usually worldgen only less than 100 years of history.
That said on all the worlds i played, that's the 1st time i see that kind of structure in the underground.
Pages: 1 ... 444 445 [446] 447 448 ... 1104