Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094032 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6570 on: August 12, 2014, 10:21:44 pm »

You guys run into huge hordes of cats occasionally? Its looks kind of cool but they spam the game to death by bumping things, made me restart.

yes...
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6571 on: August 13, 2014, 04:58:57 pm »

Nice thats exactly it! Even the area is similar.  :'(

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6572 on: August 14, 2014, 09:44:25 am »

I tried going into a dark fortress as a vampire husk (which I think may have gotten applied three times somehow) to end myself in combat with hundreds of trolls, but the FPS lag combined with my slowness (walking speed is a third of normal) forced me to give in to starvation.

How the heck does an immortal uber vampire husk die of starvation?........

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6573 on: August 14, 2014, 10:29:50 am »

I started a human adventurer that started as a hearthperson of a lady. The lady asked me to bring some trouble to another entity, without telling where that entity was (the direction menu, while filled with so many entries , had actually no entry about that entity)
Remembering that that heartperson quest never completed for previous character i played with it, regardless of the amount of people from the targetted entity i killed, i decided to ignore the lady order and just walk around the generated world to see what i could run into.

I asked a crossbowman to come with me and he accepted.

During the travel, whil i was stopping at rivers to drink, refill waterskins or just cross them, the crossbowman told me several things, and it looks he had some busy family :

I decided to go hunt the mentionned titan as the Roasted Mire region was not too far and i had the location of a shrine already there

Once arrived, i explored the shrine and surrounding and found nothing.
I press K to see tracks, and after running around my own tracks all over the shrine, i noticed 1 titan track, only 1 and nothing else, there was a chitin corpse of a named creature next to that track but it wasn't the same name as that titan, so it was probably another one and that shrine wasn't even the one of the titan i targetted.

At the time i completely forgot i could try to ask direction to my crossbowman friend.

I explored around and slept near a river with a campfire next (to make my ice as water so i could drink as the area was rather cold).
We were woke up by 7 dingos that attacked us. We managed to kill them all, making me some more meat as my stock was low by then.

I explored around the region to see if i could run into another shrine in the wilderness and we slept again.
Another dingo attack in the middle of our sleep next to the campfire, but this time it was giant dingos.

Unfortunately they let no chance to my crossbowman friend.

I killed the giant dingos, except 2 that were terrified by the carnage and ran away

But i followed them

I followed them then turned the buggy stealth on to see if it was still as buggy as ever, and it was as the giantdingos suddenly forget i was ever there and i could come close and kill them without problems

I was sad to have lost my crossbowman friend, i would have liked to help him avenge his family members and bring down those beast, and then go salute the entity Lady issued from his family.

But at least i avenged him, as looking in my kill list, Turmoilmurdered the giant dingo that murdered the poor guy was there.

What i learned of this :
- before going to adventure, loot starting castles for breastplates/gauntlets/chainmail/high boots/etc... it makes a gigantic difference in survivability for a character, past characters and only their starting equipment wouldn't have survived the 1st dingo night attack, and even less the night attack from the giant dingos, whlie there i got nearly only "deflected" attacks landing to me.

- whips for lashers are still an overpowered weapon like it was in 34.11 , the amount of very fast kill i got was much superior to when i was using hammers/swords/axes

- even if a companion prevent the bogeymen to attack at night, it does not prevent wild animals to do so, even campfires do nothing to keep them away

-  stealth is still broken , i decided to not use it during my dingos fight and as said as soon as i turned it on, the dingos weren't even able to fight back

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6574 on: August 14, 2014, 02:08:42 pm »

Learn recently that while stealth and out of the person vision cone enemies can very well fire at you.
Stealth is great when they don't notice you, Stealth auto fails against range.

also choking folks out is still the Bees Knees and turning on stealth is pretty much showing the enemies vision cones since it seems that they are more likely not going to notice you with their backs turned anyway.

so that might explain why they still spotted me after walking away.

edit: so I gen a world for 08 where every civ has every type of world construction also have dwarf forts.
this lead to my first adventurer being planted next to a elf hammerman in a dwarf fort. it also seems that elves and animals will fight each other given that the elf clock a bear with his bronze warhammer.

also my character known a bunch of goblins and elves all her light and even seen one grow up.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2014, 08:30:10 am by Rumrusher »
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Cerapter

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6575 on: August 15, 2014, 04:15:30 pm »

Might want to check that grammar, Rummy.

Speaking of learning stuff by dying to them, I learnt in a heavily modded game that no matter how indifferent the babysnatcher civilisations are to you, they're still rotten to the core.
Namely, they ambush you with their entire army once you step outta their fortresses.

To be honest, it isn't the first time this happened, but before, I thought that the fact that I accidentally pulled out a weapon in front of them from my backpack scared them. But nope, apparently.
And yeah, I died by being decapitated and with my killer holding my head up to the skies in front of his allies the last time too.
My anaconda man don't want none unless you got 5,000 cm3 of [SELECT_BP:LOWER_BODY:REAR][SELECT_ADDITIONAL_BP:UPPER_LEGS:REAR] hun.

Civilian squads: a suggestion regarding Dwarf Therapist, maintaining stock levels, independent workshop-usage and the military screen.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6576 on: August 15, 2014, 10:08:31 pm »

Yeah, [BABYSNATCHER] makes civilizations -extremely- ambush happy.

So I got my first megabeast quest: kill a dragon. This is exciting.

*checks Shield User*

GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

DrKillPatient

• Bay Watcher
  • The yak falls infinitely
    • View Profile
« Reply #6577 on: August 16, 2014, 12:15:24 am »

I recently realized that you can attack companions, ask them to yield, and then recruit them again. Naturally I chopped all the limbs off my two crossbowdwarf companions in an attempt to make them legendary biters... One seems fairly useless so far, but the other has at least five kills to his name, having bitten his way through a goblin dark pit tower — I held goblins down (including the goblin lord) while he chewed on them. His title is "Melbil Postmen the Impervious Strife of Stopping," and conveniently he worships the god of torture.

Also, somehow both of them are able to keep pace with me while I'm sprinting. What.
"Frankly, if you're hanging out with people who tell you to use v.begin() instead of &v[0], you need to rethink your social circle."
    Scott Meyers, Effective STL

I've written bash scripts to make using DF easier under Linux!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6578 on: August 16, 2014, 11:33:29 am »

My adventurer discovered a cave entrance , the cave entrance looked actually like some kind of mound and i found no way in.
Anyways, oddly right next to the mound my little party found an "overlord"

With emotion/relations system still completely broken i wasn't then surprised to see that overlord being very friendly , my adventurer asked him a bit about things and

i could easily imagine my adventurer having an intense facepalm there.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6579 on: August 16, 2014, 12:55:53 pm »

There really needs to be some new leader titles because we have gotten used to overlord/warlord/chief(tess) equating to bandit or criminal.

Theres so many things that are just vague.

Anyhow, I decided to attack with a training sword in an attempt to start sparring with a newbie adventurer. Then again, I did it in a place nobody knew me and the hearthpeople there freaked out when I picked up and wielded the training sword.

I'm sure you can guess what happened to the adventurer, lol.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:57:45 pm by smjjames »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6580 on: August 16, 2014, 02:42:53 pm »

My adventurer took down a bronze colossus by fracturing every single parts of its body then destroying the neck (probably hit the thing a hundred of times)

Looks like copper whips seems to still be weapon of overpowering destruction as the ally i had with his bronze axe could only get deflected hits.

My adventurer is  (as i mentionned in a previous post, looting a castle for armor makes a gigantic difference in survivability) rather long lived (it's the one i posted that had a companion with a family that got invested a lot in history), so he got some rather nice skills levels that are certainly why the colossus couldn't land a hit (in addition to most of his body being fractured i guess).

Though as nearly every hits was fracturing an area, it wasn't still bringing it down, so i had to setup the "heavy" hit to finally have the message "chipping away" instead of fracturing (i thought fracturing was hint of devastating damage, but in the case of bronze colossus, you want "chipping away" instead) and finally destroyed the thing neck.

The one he didn't dodged were simply deflected by very good armor parts (no seriously, go take armor part from castles the difference is really huge)

Interesting was to notice that this bronze colossus had 360 degree sight, you couldn't approach his back at all, as if he was a night creature/undead , he saw through my stealth too before i even reached his sight range.

my guy currently :

He has a broken ear, from his very early adventuring days, but i didn't paid attention to find what did that and his kill list :

On that kill list, the titan was actually the one my old friend talked about and that killed his eldest son, i hunted this one for a while (as the location was rather far from my bases in the world) but i killed that beast in memory of my old friend, avenging a part of his family for him.

Funny thing is that i reached an elven retreat before going to the colossus shrine, but every elves apparently were afraid of me, and my 2 companions rushed to kill them for some reason.
It's where i lost 1 companion, never found his corpse and didn't saw any combat report.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 02:44:53 pm by Robsoie »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6581 on: August 16, 2014, 04:00:40 pm »

My adventurer with multiple megabeast kills got ripped up by a pack of giant dingoes.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Relus

• Bay Watcher
  • Brake Jammin', CB Talkin', Convoy Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6582 on: August 16, 2014, 10:38:13 pm »

In my latest adventure, which is still going, a Bowman was upset at me killing the local Lady. So he shot me.
I blocked it, and took his bow. Then, I cut his leg off. I fast traveled so he would live from the bleeding.
I headed back, grabbed the leg, and killed him with it.

I killed a man with his own leg.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6583 on: August 17, 2014, 04:14:37 am »

In my latest adventure, which is still going, a Bowman was upset at me killing the local Lady. So he shot me.
I blocked it, and took his bow. Then, I cut his leg off. I fast traveled so he would live from the bleeding.
I headed back, grabbed the leg, and killed him with it.

I killed a man with his own leg.

--> Reminds me this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFxt6QYs4vE

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6584 on: August 17, 2014, 09:19:38 am »

Attacking Goblin Settlements with a Elvish Demi-god, Stomping their toes, they give into pain, stomp their heads, they die. (Killed 30 so far) :D
Why an Elf ye say? because I sent a scouter to their place which was gang banged by one of the goblin patrols (the scouter was randomly generated since I dice rolled what civ/race I would play as and yea.. LMAO). So the elves want revenge on the Gobs.
Goal: wipe out Gob civ. :D

This is all being done at year 2, same world as the other demi-god that killed a brush titan sometime ago...

While I reached the Dark Fortress I had a HUGE FPS drop, it was like the closer I got the heaver the Elf got and the slower he became, it's almost like as if
the Fortress was giving off a HUGE heavy aura of negative energy from hell. :O
Pages: 1 ... 437 438 [439] 440 441 ... 1104