Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094005 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6555 on: August 10, 2014, 12:42:07 am »

Now since bogeymen won't attack me. Now I just walk around until I find animals to watch the bogeymen swoop in and pummel. this is going to be a long night as a tank but I found my soldiers.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Urist McMontesOca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6556 on: August 10, 2014, 01:38:05 pm »

Well, summarizing everything I did with this adventurer, I initially went to the only Dark Fortress in the map and trained myself by slaying the goblin population. My skills went up to legendary axeman, armor user, fighter, wrestler, striker and kicker. However, since this fortress possessed near 10000 goblins and 23296 trolls, playing was a lagging nightmare. I was basically, hitting a key and waiting the game to react, while browsing the internet with my tablet.

Luckily, after training was over, I got out of there and started doing all the quests my lord suggested me at a reasonable travel speed (no lag anymore). Companions came and went. When I lost them, I quickly replaced them to avoid bogeymen and to use them to guide myself. When I didn't know how to get to specific location, I stopped fast travel, and asked my companions for directions to the specific lair, and they would tell me where to go.

The world in which I was had no vampires, nor necromancers so I didn't have to interact with those creatures at all. Instead I used my time to kill all the other night creatures I was told to. I had to swim to nearby islands to kill the beasts that were there, and I had to pursue every asterisk I found on the fast travel map, to get to those who were "on the run".

Finally I killed them all, so I decided to try the only vault in the map. Previously on my incursion to the dark fortress, I had found the demon leader, a Camel Monster twisted into humanoid form. My attempts to kill him were in vain (back then I hadn't boosted up my skills yet, so I was pretty much a newby demigod). Thanks to repetitive savescumming (yes, I savescum a lot :-[) I decided I was no rival for him and to kill him another day.

And so, as I was saying, once I slayed all the night creatures I was told to, I entered to the vault myself.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So after that, I went back to the dark fortress, and it is now, that I'm in there, suffering the fortress lagging just to kill that demon, regretting my decision step by step. This is really slow. :(

So, after I finish this, I'm going to go to my old lord, claim the site and kill him. If I successfuly achieve this I'll retire my adventurer, and go back to Fortress mode in this very same world. Luckily, I'll go back to Adventure Mode when the lagging is pretty much fixed, but right now, I think I'm going to "retire" myself from it as well. :(

EDIT: I've discovered that killing the demon wasn't easy at all, even with legendary skills, so I'm going to back off and try the vault again. Also, when I returned to the Dark Fortress the building structure was different so I suppose the vault structure is going to be different as well. Or at least I really hope it is different. There lays my only hope.

In a semi-related issue I think I'm going to try to release the human prisoners in the fortress. That was one of the few missions I still have left, so...
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 10:36:20 pm by Urist McMontesOca »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6557 on: August 10, 2014, 04:06:33 pm »

I had gone on a roll and killed several night creatures. After I had spread the rumors in the town a bit and visited the home village, I visited the keep, where the rumor had already spread.

I was intending to talk to the lady there and see about this army on the march that someone else had mentioned to me as troubles, but didn't have a chance to actually ask (and ask about lair locations). I was surprised when she spat at me and called me a murderer.

Went through her family history (asking about family) and it turns out that one of the night creatures was her cousin. So, I tried giving her the skull, she wouldn't take it saying if I was asking for something, then I had her trade the dress (no particular reason, was going to give it back to her anyway), she was like 'over my dead body' and the game thought I was trying to rob her.

Tried to get her to yield to calm down, but didn't help (wasn't in combat), so I decided to just leave the skull on the chair in there and left.

EDIT: On my way north I got ambushed by a bunch of recruits and two turkey recruits. I accidentially killed one with a punch to the head, but when I gave the other one a kick to the rear, I got the message that it has clothes, wtf. Some of it's clothes are made from turkey leather, lol.

Edit2: Oh come on, after I trounced them, tried to interrogate one, and let them run away, they ambush me again?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 04:49:13 pm by smjjames »

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #6558 on: August 10, 2014, 09:51:30 pm »

A few versions ago I decided that DF2014 was much easier than the other versions because of the ability to quick attack vulnerable areas. This time I fought three goblin soldiers, After some dancing and combat, one had her throat slit, the other had a gaping wound in his chest, and the third had put two holes in my lungs before running away and leaving me to suffocate.

Also when I was ambushed by these goblin bandits, every single one was shocked at the combat (what's going on, is there fighting?), even though they instigated it and were all closing in on me and my companions.

It was a good way to die, and it proved me wrong that the new release has become a cakewalk and that the AI is stupid, cause it could hand me my butt pretty easily.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6559 on: August 11, 2014, 02:04:48 am »

A goddamn camel made me suffocate from lung damage.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #6560 on: August 11, 2014, 08:31:42 am »

I think we just found the new moonmoon
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6561 on: August 11, 2014, 08:51:20 am »

I think we just found the new moonmoon
Welp, time to add 'flaming' to the languages so I can be Flame Flameflame the Flaming Flaming Flame-Flame of Flame.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6562 on: August 11, 2014, 08:47:35 pm »

Has anybody tried visiting kobold caves? I tried visiting one that legends viewer said had like 877 in it, but there was nothing, not even scattered loot.

I did give them normal speech, but that shouldn't have affected anything.

Anyway, new adventurer and since the wildlife is being rather scarce plus the hamlets don't have anything with edible leaves, I decided to get creative and use the sprint-jump tackling on a llama to get some food and to make sure I didn't make myself an enemy of the civ or area somehow. I did do it away from people who could see what I was doing though.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 10:43:47 pm by smjjames »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6563 on: August 12, 2014, 12:47:51 am »

Oh yeah, that reminds me of the time I knocked somebody down a waterfall. I went to go investigate but was washed over the falls, somehow survived, and landed on the poor woman, killing her.

I also had fun that game by brutally murdering the local lady when nobody was looking, dragged the body down to the river, tossed all the clothes and equipment in, and then butchered the body and pawned the resulting meat and organs off on some unsuspecting farmer.

Never put two and two together to realize I'd killed his queen and sold her body to him, even though the game told me that he'd identified his possessions.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6564 on: August 12, 2014, 03:04:59 am »

i fought off a group of harasing goblins some escaped but one had a steel shield so i got something pretty good out of the deal

difrent charecter but it seems a night creature has attacked this village time for killing

damit it bleed out oh well i still killed it

i got ambushed on a roof in town

showing once again that children are this versions carp i am fighting a night creature it struck down a tanner that was trying to fight it i was getting nowhere as my weapon is not very good and then this kid just went and punched the night freak right in the heart

then another child came in and punched him right in the guts

it seems children dont get scarred as easily there more hardened then the adults interesting

hm ok one of them is scared this kids unlikely to kill it any time soon because hes not very strong but dam im inpresed
« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 03:35:37 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6565 on: August 12, 2014, 02:26:55 pm »

I just started on this map.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6566 on: August 12, 2014, 06:33:13 pm »

guys bogeymen have souls... also dreams
and this one I named bonny well wants world peace.

"body swapping and YOU!"

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6567 on: August 12, 2014, 07:01:12 pm »

wanting world peace seems consistent with his quest of slaughtering everyone that would disturb said peace.
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6568 on: August 12, 2014, 07:30:37 pm »

wanting world peace seems consistent with his quest of slaughtering everyone that would disturb said peace.
funny you say that because this is the same region where the bogeymen are nonhostile to me

So their Boghandimen which means I'm safe until they figure out nuclear power and weaponry.

Pacifist bogeymen, finally ingame proof of civil bogeymen if you excuse me I'm going to go cry for joy over this.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6569 on: August 12, 2014, 08:11:41 pm »

You guys run into huge hordes of cats occasionally? Its looks kind of cool but they spam the game to death by bumping things, made me restart.
Pages: 1 ... 436 437 [438] 439 440 ... 1104