Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094067 times)

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6540 on: August 08, 2014, 05:31:39 am »

I discovered that an army was marching toward an elven forest retreat. Being a goody-two-shoes, I decided I'd save them. I went down that way, but I was too late. I managed to rescue a couple trees' worth of elves, and made my decision.

I traveled to the home of the queen who had sent the army on the march, slew her where she stood, and took the throne for myself, liberating the elves.
You did the exact opposite of being a goody-two-shoes. Thanks to you more worthless elven scum wanders the world and it could have been prevented.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6541 on: August 08, 2014, 11:18:05 am »

Muckled darmed Nazelfs!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6542 on: August 08, 2014, 11:49:51 am »

Has anybody seriously been able to accquire steel from the dwarves in the worldgen forts and mountainhomes? Though I haven't really visited the mountainhomes, the forts of those that I visit never seem to have any steel.

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6543 on: August 08, 2014, 11:53:59 am »

Has anybody seriously been able to accquire steel from the dwarves in the worldgen forts and mountainhomes? Though I haven't really visited the mountainhomes, the forts of those that I visit never seem to have any steel.
I haven't found any gear at all, besides an occasional weapon, in the mountainhomes/forts.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6544 on: August 08, 2014, 12:34:51 pm »

I'm considering making a bug report, however, I'm not sure if it's just luck and I've seen guards/soldiers in the forts have steel weapons and I saw someone saying something about steel gear.

CzarSquid

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6545 on: August 08, 2014, 04:47:53 pm »

Had an adventure where I created a human hero. I was able to convince one person to join me. I tried getting a hunter to come along but he spat at me and said "I hate you". I didn't like his attitude so I killed him. This cause everyone to start spiting at me. Even my companion kept telling me I was a murder. So I picked up the dead body, dropped it in the river (for some reason I wanted to fill my bag with his blood to throw at people). While I was wading through the river, it froze.

Now that I think about it, I guess I was the jerk. I bet everyone was happy when he died.

Urist McMontesOca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6546 on: August 09, 2014, 12:00:33 am »

Today I reported again my kills to my Lord.

Not only he expressed that it was for the best, he even repeated my actions aloud and to himself, as if he were happy about it.

I'm surprised, although I don't know what triggers this reactions exactly.

Relus

• Bay Watcher
  • Brake Jammin', CB Talkin', Convoy Rollin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #6547 on: August 09, 2014, 12:52:45 am »

One of my earlier adventures was quite interesting; I was a Human, with skill in swords, and used two scimitars to overtake several civilizations. Heck, I even killed a 'High Leaf'. He wasn't an elf, just some old guy I found. Then, I went into the markets. Talked to a Cheese Maker, he spat on me.

So I cut his head off. Repeat for several more irritable Cheese Makers. A bit later, I found a group of human bandits, two Crossbowmen to be exact. Waited for one to walk away, and killed one after asking him about the local ruler. Went to the other one, told him I killed his friend.

I regretted that, due to the fact that other Crossbowman followed me across the land. He would disrupt my fast traveling, and then run away. On the eighth ambush, I asked him to join me, and slashed him. But alas, he shot me unconscious, but not dead. He began to beat me with his crossbow over and over, and I eventually cut off his thumbs, his nose, and his toes. Some say he went off to become an evil wizard who lacked a nose. Just kidding, he still chases me, but falls over as soon as he ambushes me.

Then I found an enemy group of serpent men and killed all of them, and cut one of their noses off as well. That is it for now.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6548 on: August 09, 2014, 02:21:09 am »

(Something) Lordmyths the Hero of Warriors. Almost as good as Cacame's title.

Also, I discovered that mummies are quite fun to fight, as you can prune every single physical feature one by one without them bleeding out. (I take no responsibility for this horribly backfiring when said features reanimate.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6549 on: August 09, 2014, 06:05:24 am »

I am a bushmaster man. This is my most successful adventurer this version. I have over 30 kills and I've freed numerous towns from oppression. I've never seen my poison in action, so I but a lord in the hand from behind while sneaking, then crawled around a bunch. Eventually he died from suffocation. I'm the lord now so I retired.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6550 on: August 09, 2014, 09:18:25 am »

(Something) Lordmyths the Hero of Warriors. Almost as good as Cacame's title.

Also, I discovered that mummies are quite fun to fight, as you can prune every single physical feature one by one without them bleeding out. (I take no responsibility for this horribly backfiring when said features reanimate.)

Mummies don't seem to be able to speak or curse you in this version.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6551 on: August 09, 2014, 02:43:53 pm »

learn something new about bogeymen in 06. that if your a tank they won't attempt to hurt you.
I'm guessing if the creature has either nofear or not_living I'm guessing Nofear bogeymen just up and stand around...and only attack if provoked.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

NightFall

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6552 on: August 09, 2014, 08:42:27 pm »

Well so far death seems to be giving me a visit every now and then.

Urist McMontesOca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6553 on: August 09, 2014, 09:46:35 pm »

learn something new about bogeymen in 06. that if your a tank they won't attempt to hurt you.
I'm guessing if the creature has either nofear or not_living I'm guessing Nofear bogeymen just up and stand around...and only attack if provoked.

Yeah, sometimes beasts that are not suppose to fear you, only attack you, will stay idle.

I entered a vault once, and some of its guardians just stayed there doing nothing, when their primary purpose on life, their whole reason to exist was to keep intruders out or dead.

I just went near them, and slashed them with my axe.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6554 on: August 09, 2014, 10:57:51 pm »

I just got a quest to kill a previous adventurer. Problem is, I really like that adventurer.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 435 436 [437] 438 439 ... 1104