Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094123 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6525 on: August 04, 2014, 12:47:12 pm »

Still with my test 40.06 adventurer, despite killing every goblins in the camp, i'm still told by the human Lady in my castle that bandits are still attacking the close town. This bandit party was on the order of the goblin boss of the camp (that wasn't in it when i ran into the place).

And indeed there was a  white *  in the map, sign of a party/individual.

I moved there, stealth and killed without any resistance or attempt at a defense, the 5 goblins from there.
Still the named goblin leader of those bandits was nowhere to be seen.

Back into the Lady's place, went to sleep after reporting my deeds (would be good if deeds already reported were removed, after lots of goblin killing it's making a mess of the report menu) .

The day after, again the Lady told there were bandits attacking town, but on the map, there was a white * but it wasn't in town center anymore, but near a bridge on a river at the border of the town.
Ok probably a new bandit squad that came here during night.

I stealth moved there and found only hens and donkeys there and nothing else.

As i was running short of water, and for unknown reason the river was completely frozen despite we're roughly at the equator line of the world, i had to move south for half a day to drink, fill a waterskin and come back.
Went back to sleep, then the day after, i went back to the donkey and hen location as the white * was still there.
This time there was a human bowman, i attacked and killed him, then moved back to the Travel.

Then i saw another white * in the world map, fleeing from the location i was just into, i guess another bandit suddenly spawn out of thin air and is running away.

I managed to get back to them (though i had to move into the actual game map, as it wasn't doing it automatically when i reached the * location for some reason) and i saw those bandits were a Donkey recruit and ... a hen , they were running away from me.

As i saw more bizzard things with the various bugs, i ran to them and managed to kill both creatures.
I went back to the castle to report the destruction of the bandits .
And now the lady and everyone in the castle is spitting on me and calling me a murderer.

Oh well...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 12:48:49 pm by Robsoie »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6526 on: August 04, 2014, 01:45:00 pm »

Rolled up a dwarf outsider in a human hamlet. I asked the local lady to make me a hearthperson, she refused. A day later I tell her how I killed all her hearthpeople and ask again, she says "Botun Boardkingdoms the Young Splash killed [a hearthperson]. I am a little angry. You are now one of my hearthpeople." I then killed her and retired, expecting to become the new lord by default. I check legends and... nothing.  >:(
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6527 on: August 04, 2014, 03:01:52 pm »

-Comment Deleted-
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 03:51:40 pm by Guylock »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6528 on: August 04, 2014, 03:02:58 pm »

I've discovered that adding [BABYSNATCHER] to all civs will get you ambushed and killed every time you sleep.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6529 on: August 04, 2014, 05:40:32 pm »

Cowardly minotaur took forever to kill, since it was much faster than I was. Then I found a bronze colossus, and got mashed by it.

Went back with another adventurer who had an interaction that could resurrect the dead. I resurrected myself, gave me my stuff back, and watched as I walked off into the sunset.

When my original adventurer left the immediate map, the game crashed.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6530 on: August 04, 2014, 06:28:40 pm »

LMAO!

Edit: made another demigod, traveled to a ruin, faught a brush titan, took awhile to weaken it, kicked it ass.
RICH with FOOD, has a scale and a skull as a souvenir. 10 kills so far.

Peasant: it was inevitable...
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:37:45 pm by Guylock »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #6531 on: August 05, 2014, 08:36:00 am »

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6532 on: August 05, 2014, 12:01:39 pm »

"Life is, in a word, Fire"

"Have you tried Fire?"
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6533 on: August 05, 2014, 09:04:07 pm »

Just got ambushed by like 25 zombies, shoulda screenshotted it as it was a 'SHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIII!!!!!!!' moment. Had a load of giant lion meat and stuff which had weighed me down, so I dropped that immedeately and tried to sprint the hell out of there, but was surrounded.

Also, from legendsviewer, there is a camp close to the site that I was at which has 2895 animated humans and 2543 animated goblins, which is WAY more than your typical necrotower.

It was a fresh adventurer (hadn't done a whole lot of training outside of getting past the initial armor and weapon encomberment) and one who could wield two handed swords single handed.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2014, 09:09:23 pm by smjjames »

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6534 on: August 06, 2014, 10:53:51 am »

oh man Murk thralls are in the game. and the best bit is that they roam around the world so any city that are in the area are more or less murk thrall lands.
it gets better is that you can murk anyone and it seems to be instant aswell so

I'm playing a cat that can clean itself and anyone of splatter that can then later infest it with vile dust.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6535 on: August 06, 2014, 01:06:55 pm »

Lol rumrusher.

Anyways, I just got killed by a pack of hyenas who managed to strangle me to death..... while I was sleeping.....

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6536 on: August 07, 2014, 04:35:21 pm »

I discovered that an army was marching toward an elven forest retreat. Being a goody-two-shoes, I decided I'd save them. I went down that way, but I was too late. I managed to rescue a couple trees' worth of elves, and made my decision.

I traveled to the home of the queen who had sent the army on the march, slew her where she stood, and took the throne for myself, liberating the elves.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6537 on: August 07, 2014, 05:03:07 pm »

Went for a stroll in a town's crypts. The temple has no normal access, so i had to climb down. I found the husband of the town's lady standing around in the crypts, and decided to lop his head off when he was looking the other way. Then as I was about to leave I decided to take a stroll on the catwalks overhead. I stepped up the ramp and... got stuck, flying, in supposed mid-air. game stopped responding to my inputs, I'm guessing because it wasn't "my" turn and because I was perpetually flying it never would be my turn. Had to force-quit.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6538 on: August 07, 2014, 05:29:30 pm »

I discovered that an army was marching toward an elven forest retreat. Being a goody-two-shoes, I decided I'd save them. I went down that way, but I was too late. I managed to rescue a couple trees' worth of elves, and made my decision.

I traveled to the home of the queen who had sent the army on the march, slew her where she stood, and took the throne for myself, liberating the elves.

I never could find the armies of the 'armiy on the march' and they never really seem to arrive at their destination.

Edit: I found a hamlet without a mead hall. I was confused at first and then looked at legends via Legends Viewer and it appears that it never had a chance to be built since it got destroyed early on by a dragon, and I guess never really got resettled.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 07:21:08 pm by smjjames »

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #6539 on: August 07, 2014, 08:30:57 pm »

I never could find the armies of the 'armiy on the march' and they never really seem to arrive at their destination.

Edit: I found a hamlet without a mead hall. I was confused at first and then looked at legends via Legends Viewer and it appears that it never had a chance to be built since it got destroyed early on by a dragon, and I guess never really got resettled.
Typically, if you're too late, then there will be a bunch of towers and trenches and the occasional wandering cowardly military guy; if you're too early, they'll only be scared of "an army on the march" and you can find and kill the army in their tents before they get there.

Either way, asking about troubles lets you rescue them.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 434 435 [436] 437 438 ... 1104