Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094202 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6495 on: August 02, 2014, 09:23:42 am »

Hey, new player and user here.

I just had my first experience with tombs.
It didn't turn out well (probably a foregone conclusion).
Came across them when my adventurer and her party were trying to find a bandit leader in a hamlet (the tombs were right next to it). He wasn't in town for some reason (speaking of which...what's the point of ruling a town thats nearly completely abandoned or ruined? The only people in town were his goons), so I figured he might be hiding in one of the tombs. The first 2 (there were like 5 on the outskirts of town) were somewhat uneventful, aside from some traps.
The third one (the biggest one as well) was fairly uneventful as well until I got to the top and saw a mummy. It wasn't really doing much, just sorta following my character but not really attacking. Of course, as I was running out of the tomb a horde of skeletons came to life and slaughtered my party. Looking at Legends Viewer, turns out one skeleton struck down all three of my characters.

Looting the dead was probably a bad idea.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6496 on: August 02, 2014, 01:56:00 pm »

Nice, what got changed?
Looking into the raws crossbows are still railguns:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Toady said something about making the damage spread out more so it doesn't all go to a single point, automatically penetrating even candy armor. So now armor actually helps. Side note: You can sneak up behind someone and stab them 56 times in the face without them ever noticing you if your ambushing skill is high enough.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6497 on: August 02, 2014, 02:04:31 pm »

Okay seriously, stop assuming I'm a moron. I ALWAYS start with Talented or higher Dodger and at least Competent in shield user, along with having Superdwarvenly agility BEFORE transforming into a vampire. Armor is nigh-impossible to get as a non-human unless you abandon a fort specifically for the purpose of getting youself candy armor.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6498 on: August 02, 2014, 02:30:39 pm »

Trying to find some capitals, no clue how to do so. How do I tell which city is the capital for a given civilization?

Ask them for trading  partners.

If I'm not mistaken they point me to the nearest town, which seems to be a higher governance but. wait, are there multiple civilizations per species?

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6499 on: August 02, 2014, 02:35:53 pm »

Side note: I actually assumed that with everything Toady included in the new version regarding settlements of all the races, there will always be clothes and armor of appropriate size found in the settlements of the respective races...

Started as a dwarf, looked around the fortress, and WHOOPS... apparently dwarves only make clothes for humans. :D Unlike the previous version, it seems like the fix for that is not far off now.
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6500 on: August 02, 2014, 03:11:35 pm »

Side note: I actually assumed that with everything Toady included in the new version regarding settlements of all the races, there will always be clothes and armor of appropriate size found in the settlements of the respective races...

Started as a dwarf, looked around the fortress, and WHOOPS... apparently dwarves only make clothes for humans. :D Unlike the previous version, it seems like the fix for that is not far off now.

It is a bug. Toady is going to fix it soon.

94dima94

• Bay Watcher
  • For !!SCIENCE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6501 on: August 02, 2014, 04:02:22 pm »

I just got trolled by the game in the best way possible: I was in an ice biome, and I was thirsty, so I gathered some snow in the waterskin, although I gave the wrong command once, and gathered a handful of snow in my hand. Then, I went ahead to melt the snow in the waterskin, but I made another mistake, and melted the snow I had in my hand. One instant later, water is all over my clothes and a small amount of water drops in my square. Another instant later...

You have been encased in ice!
The worst enemy you'll ever meet is the little voice that says Hey, this would be a cool/awesome/funny thing to do!/I wonder what happens if...
"Rock needs a nerf! Paper is just fine, IMO." - The Scissors.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6502 on: August 02, 2014, 04:14:39 pm »

I just got trolled by the game in the best way possible: I was in an ice biome, and I was thirsty, so I gathered some snow in the waterskin, although I gave the wrong command once, and gathered a handful of snow in my hand. Then, I went ahead to melt the snow in the waterskin, but I made another mistake, and melted the snow I had in my hand. One instant later, water is all over my clothes and a small amount of water drops in my square. Another instant later...

You have been encased in ice!

We must find a way to weaponize this so it freezes the exact instant it touches our enemies.

Urist McMontesOca

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6503 on: August 02, 2014, 06:14:48 pm »

Someone finally gave a fuck!

Happiest day in my life!

I was getting tired of the "It was inevitable"

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6504 on: August 02, 2014, 06:17:07 pm »

Happiest day in my life!

Yeah, I wish they would say stuff besides 'it was inevitable', gives no clue as to how they're actually reacting when they say it all the time.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6505 on: August 02, 2014, 06:17:23 pm »

Happiest day in my life!

sweet armok how did you get them to care?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6506 on: August 02, 2014, 06:21:39 pm »

Happiest day in my life!

sweet armok how did you get them to care?

I would love to know how to get them to say that.....

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6507 on: August 02, 2014, 08:59:39 pm »

it was inevitable is the new "I have no families" where the unit doesn't have any historical ties to the event to make a reply to.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6508 on: August 02, 2014, 09:02:58 pm »

it was inevitable is the new "I have no families" where the unit doesn't have any historical ties to the event to make a reply to.

Which is most people, oftentimes.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6509 on: August 02, 2014, 09:15:01 pm »

Which is most people, oftentimes.

Unless its a vampire with 600 kills. Which is most vampires.
Pages: 1 ... 432 433 [434] 435 436 ... 1104