Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094317 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6405 on: July 26, 2014, 05:38:33 pm »

I think quest completion is bugged atm, I can't figure out any way to turn it in. any time I spread rumors they just say "it was inevitable" and if i brag they have no response. the game doesnt even report a lack of response. they are however kind enough to confirm that things are dead when you ask for their location.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6406 on: July 26, 2014, 05:43:19 pm »

Yeah, the quest system is pretty broken right now and suffers from the fact that it's not clear how to finish quests, spreading rumors works though for reputation.

The way Toady One was telling it, it sounded more polished than it actually is.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6407 on: July 26, 2014, 06:04:53 pm »

Or maybe there's some secret method we haven't found yet. I didn't know spreading rumors did anything. Do I get a certain response if it worked, or is it just assumed? What does bragging do for that matter? I REALLY wish there was a way I could remove these endless unneeded entries on the Q log, like the location of every battle ive ever been in or WITNESSED, down to the least significant squirrel.

Speaking of, I would REALLY like it if there was some way we could tell what our rep level IS. I also noticed quest givers do NOT hold back with giving you megabeasts right off the bat anymore. The first quest I get is almost always a dragon.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 06:08:14 pm by random_odd_guy »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6408 on: July 26, 2014, 06:10:35 pm »

Bragging only seems to be to intimidate, not sure.

I also wish that I could select rumors that I want in a set that I want to report, and also not have to scroll through many redundant stuff like the one time a giraffe 'attacked' me, when it didn't even.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6409 on: July 26, 2014, 06:28:10 pm »

In general I would like to be able to remove redundant things from these lists. Also I seem to have to ask where to given target is, and they respond with RANDOM TITLE WHICH I DONT KNOW WHAT REFERS TO is at *location* but only when i ask where the thing THEY called it (and I can do either, both names are in the list of things to ask directions for) do they actually put it on my map. I also wish the Q list had the type of creature listed at the beginning of the entry, so I could know what I'm up against without finding someone to ask about that thing. by remembering the name. ughhhhhh. I feel I'm going to like this new system better in the long run, but it needs a LOT of work. and clarification. because it was a PAIN to figure all that out on my own.

another thing that would be great: not having all of megabeasts, semimegabeasts, random woodland animals, and creatures of the night lumped into the same category. its REALLY hard to get what I'm looking for when all the vampires and low level quests are being told only after i go through a dragon, about 10 hill titans, and a hydra.

in other news, and more relavently: turns out elven forest retreats are a thing again:

I checked my notable kills list, of the 63, 57 of them are elves. I have done armok a great service on this day

70 elves and counting

how many elves should i slay?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 09:38:25 pm by random_odd_guy »

HunterBlackLuna

• Bay Watcher
  • [REQUIRES_LNP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6410 on: July 26, 2014, 10:00:23 pm »

If they run, they're elves. If they stand still, they're well-disciplined elves.

The great human adventurer spearwoman Opte Blazebright has decided to take up arms, when her village is threatened and harassed by a band of goblin raiders! She wanders through the town, chatting with others; everybody's talking about the raiders who are led by this one badass-sounding guy. On her quest to find a person who knows where this goblin bandit chief actually is, she nearly bumps into a goblin bowman, but... he just chats casually.

On the plus side, he probably knows where his chief is! And yeah, I asked and confirmed, he's a warrior in the service of the same chief guy. Probably won't be willing to join up then, oh well.

It was inevitable.

EDIT: I stand happily corrected, he agreed to travel alongside me immediately. I wonder if that extends to attacking his chief. I also wonder if the chief's other heavies will also be willing to come along. Hey, if nothing else, less bogeymen to deal with. I legitimately wasn't expecting him to just go for it. He's supposed to be here helping to rough up my town, but so far he seems like a decent fellow. I'm glad fighting him wasn't inevitable.

EDIT 2: But the moment I ended the conversation after we'd agreed to travel together, they cried out a battle taunt and blocked a bolt... uh. I officially have no idea what's going to happen next, but hey. It was good to try diplomacy.

FINAL EDIT: I cried out to stop the fight before it began, he agreed to peace, and then agreed to follow me again, and this time I think it stuck. Like, he's in formation behind me now. And when I ask him about recent troubles he brings up when he attacked me. I'm pretty sure this shouldn't be working, but hey, I'll take it.

I totally lied, this continues to get better. We encountered some of the rest of this guy's band, and an axeman says to my bowman colleague, "Is that a weapon?! What's going on?!"

The traitorous goblin's only reply? "It was inevitable."
« Last Edit: July 26, 2014, 10:13:03 pm by HunterBlackLuna »

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6411 on: July 26, 2014, 10:30:41 pm »

They now view my kills as an inevitability, it is a simple fact of life that the vampire human high master fighter will simply reach up through the trees, slice off your legs, and impale your brain. Tis the life of an elf. This is their fate, their destiny. And with each kill the efficiency and bloodlust would only grow. I slaughtered them till nightfall, then I slaughtered the bogeymen that came to interupt me. When I waited till day after getting a trophy from a bogeyman (which didnt vanish, thanks to me resting in fast travel mode through dawn) I was ambushed by goblins, I slaughtered them as well. This is now the forest of death. And I am the reaper.

sv-esk

• Bay Watcher
  • sorry for my bad english
    • View Profile
« Reply #6412 on: July 27, 2014, 08:06:26 am »

Raised zombies must be hostile to any life, isn't it? But they standing three tiles away from me and do nothing while human bowman beating and stabbing arrows in me. Disappointed in necromancy..
Spoiler: screen (click to show/hide)

Mimir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6413 on: July 27, 2014, 10:08:09 am »

Let me tell you what's going on...public displays of disrespect to hearth-persons:

Makiol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6414 on: July 27, 2014, 11:34:59 am »

I was playing an human demigod warrior with long sword and i have some big pretty problem. played with 4.040
first: every time i try do destroy a camp of bandits or kobolds or a goblin fortress i have to start the fight because they never attack me, i'm like neutral with them and if i ask to yeld or ask to pay to my organization they never accept.
second: during an exploration of a goblin fortress i found a human that was slained at sight by one of my companion
thrid: when i reached a dark fortress in the south i had a bnig drop of fps and i had to leave my hero in the wild ç.ç
fourth: with a new hero i can use the two-handed log sword in a hand and a shield in the other o.o!?
fifth: fights seems pretty easy than the previous version any idea?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6415 on: July 27, 2014, 12:35:47 pm »

Bragging only seems to be to intimidate, not sure.

I also wish that I could select rumors that I want in a set that I want to report, and also not have to scroll through many redundant stuff like the one time a giraffe 'attacked' me, when it didn't even.
I could be wrong but I think it actually also serves the purpose of spreading information about your more significant killings via random selection as an alternative to going through that huge list of incidents.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6416 on: July 27, 2014, 02:36:34 pm »

I was playing an human demigod warrior with long sword and i have some big pretty problem. played with 4.040
first: every time i try do destroy a camp of bandits or kobolds or a goblin fortress i have to start the fight because they never attack me, i'm like neutral with them and if i ask to yeld or ask to pay to my organization they never accept.
second: during an exploration of a goblin fortress i found a human that was slained at sight by one of my companion
thrid: when i reached a dark fortress in the south i had a bnig drop of fps and i had to leave my hero in the wild ç.ç
fourth: with a new hero i can use the two-handed log sword in a hand and a shield in the other o.o!?

There are problems with morale and fighting back in that the enemies generally run away instead of fighting, or simply don't fight back at all.

Even demons are affected by this and they're supposed to have [NOFEAR]!

Anyway, I decided to go and get a demon for the companion using the spoiler stuff, but the demon is too damned cowardly. I was going to have it assist with killing titans which have apparently coalesced their shrines into the northwesternmost square of the map.

Edit: and is apparently trying to withdraw from me.....

Edit2: Lost the dang demon from the companions list :P Going to do plan b, which is gather lots of rocks and practice throwing. I'm already a vampire and pretty dang uber, I just want to have some ranged capability in case of webbers.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 02:50:51 pm by smjjames »

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #6417 on: July 27, 2014, 04:12:47 pm »

I was farting around trying to find some helpless critters to practice wrestling on (and maybe a way to find some armor) when a squad of bandits jumped out and promptly butchered me and my maceman buddy. Screw this "elves start with sticks" thing.

Second attempt, human adventurer. Somehow got bit in the leg by a saltwater croc, couldn't escape, was shaken to death.

I think I should stick to fortress mode.
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

Makiol

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6418 on: July 27, 2014, 07:04:01 pm »

There are problems with morale and fighting back in that the enemies generally run away instead of fighting, or simply don't fight back at all.

Anyway, I decided to go and get a demon for the companion using the spoiler stuff, but the demon is too damned cowardly. I was going to have it assist with killing titans which have apparently coalesced their shrines into the northwesternmost square of the map.

Edit2: Lost the dang demon from the companions list :P Going to do plan b, which is gather lots of rocks and practice throwing. I'm already a vampire and pretty dang uber, I just want to have some ranged capability in case of webbers.

ahahha xD now after creating a new character the only that try to rape me are the nightbeast and nothing more, i want my hostile bandits back:'(

ah! i also found a lord that hate me (before i create the hero) and after every single action i tried to kill me using a spit!

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6419 on: July 27, 2014, 07:21:29 pm »

I had wished I had known how deadly webbers were before I lost MY uber vampire a few days ago.
Pages: 1 ... 426 427 [428] 429 430 ... 1104