Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094443 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6360 on: July 22, 2014, 03:07:53 pm »

How would one do this gnome putting?

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6361 on: July 22, 2014, 07:38:58 pm »

tried my hand at Gnome putting

second one I was baffled at how the minecart is floating on magma until I realize there's a single tile floating under it then remember I chucked a minecart full of water at a gnome in one of my botch attempts.

seriouslymake a thread
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #6362 on: July 22, 2014, 08:04:09 pm »

Really, really hate web-shooting Titans now. Had to save-scum against the same one three times in a row before relenting and getting back-up and a bow to fight it. But not before it died from a mysterious magma burst. Reloaded several times until that didn't happen and then... cheap first-hit headshot kill against it. Also reloaded several more times so that wouldn't happen, and gave up after about the third time when I kept getting similar results anyway.

With Othom, the same adventurer, I managed to make ladies out of three Cyclops sisters that lived in the same lair. One had control of the lair itself, while the others took control of a Dark Fortress and a town, respectively. The latter two even moved into their new homes, though I could only find Utthok, the Cyclops that went into the town (Dark Fortresses, especially abandoned ones, are not a fun place to play hide-n-seek in).

By the time Othom went back to that town, Utthok had somehow already replaced by some scrubby-ass dwarf lord. I checked legends mode to see what happened to her, and strangely enough, she was still in town. In fact, once back in adventurer mode, I found her chilling in one of the many taverns in the area. The citizenry were generally tolerant of Utthok and vice-versa, though nearby drunks were understandably privy to run away at the sight of her. Apparently, she was still as naked as when I first found her.

When Othom was nearby, she would occaisonally greet him, but didn't respond kindly to his own greetings. She somehow retained the privilege of granting hearthperson-ship, but she refused to do so, and likewise would not become a hearthperson nor adventure with Othom. She was likewise unappreciative when Othom reclaimed the town and granted her ladyship once more, further refusing any of his requests to become a hearthpoerson.

After a short stroll through town, rumors of her death at the hands of some random goblin peasants quickly spread. But I managed to save-scum out of that result; there's still more to be learned here.

EDIT: I also tried granting ladyship to a nearby giantess, but she refused any attempts. I wonder what's the trick to get that to work?
« Last Edit: July 22, 2014, 08:18:24 pm by ShinQuickMan »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6363 on: July 22, 2014, 11:28:02 pm »

im about to try making a hunter character i shall go out hunting regularly and come back each afternoon to sell my meat and other butchering results

hm in hidsight i should have started in a town
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 12:13:32 am by tuypo1 »

Argonnek

• Bay Watcher
  • Surging Forward
    • View Profile
« Reply #6364 on: July 23, 2014, 01:22:04 am »

After recruiting two of my fellow fortress guard, I moved north to attack a goblin fortress. I realized two things very quickly: that my companions will charge in like rabid dogs, even when I'm trying to sneak, and that they provide a great distraction.

After many battles, some horror movie levels of brutality (I get bored sometimes), and some sort of insurrection that happened while I was there, I am now waiting for three of the ten children I'm trying to herd in the general direction of home to stop sobbing on the floor so that maybe we can actually get them to safety. I really can't wait until they're traumatized enough to ignore the corpses I've been too lazy to hide.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6365 on: July 23, 2014, 01:28:53 am »

After recruiting two of my fellow fortress guard, I moved north to attack a goblin fortress. I realized two things very quickly: that my companions will charge in like rabid dogs, even when I'm trying to sneak, and that they provide a great distraction.

After many battles, some horror movie levels of brutality (I get bored sometimes), and some sort of insurrection that happened while I was there, I am now waiting for three of the ten children I'm trying to herd in the general direction of home to stop sobbing on the floor so that maybe we can actually get them to safety. I really can't wait until they're traumatized enough to ignore the corpses I've been too lazy to hide.

i havent even worked out how to rescue children yet

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6366 on: July 23, 2014, 01:39:44 am »

i havent even worked out how to rescue children yet

1) Talk to prisoner

2) Ask them to come with you

3) Take them away from dark fortress. If you have to, use Z to wait until they catch up if they keep falling on ground crying

4) Take them to their parents

5) Watch them automatically starting tearful reunion scene.

Thats pretty much it

Though be careful to not rescue children with goblin names. Why? They are snatched from other goblin civilizations so returning them is pain plus if their parents are dead then you can't return them at all so all you can do is to keep them around as companions or cancel the rescue thing at random place

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6367 on: July 23, 2014, 01:43:23 am »

i killed the queen princess a druid of an elven civ then started the walk back home to tell my lord just before i reached my destination i was attacked and killed by boogymen also what the hell was toady thinking not allowing fast travel in mountains

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6368 on: July 23, 2014, 02:17:52 am »

i killed the queen princess a druid of an elven civ then started the walk back home to tell my lord just before i reached my destination i was attacked and killed by boogymen also what the hell was toady thinking not allowing fast travel in mountains
wait did you get attack by bogeymen in the mountains? because I remember bogeymen only attack in areas where you can fast travel and mountains are safe havens?
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6369 on: July 23, 2014, 02:35:48 am »

wait did you get attack by bogeymen in the mountains? because I remember bogeymen only attack in areas where you can fast travel and mountains are safe havens?

no it was well away from the mountains but thats probably the reason i assumed i had disabled them in world gen i was between my destinantion hamlet and another hamlet i should have taken a stop of that first hamlet

well i well i was sneaking around a goblin fortress at night killing things in there sleep when i came across a master at the top he attacked but i dodged then he attacked again with a kick to the head and i died also before i saw the master i saw a dead goblin in the room i guess the master killed it and took its place

looking in legends it says suton fatemanges was a phantom of brine she was the only one of her kind a great bull twisted into humanoid form composed of salt it squirms and fidgets suton was associated with blight i wont bother putting the full legends here but its fairly short if anybody wants to read it
« Last Edit: July 23, 2014, 05:19:14 am by tuypo1 »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6370 on: July 23, 2014, 01:57:20 pm »

Currently trying to find a sponge to use as a training dummy for axe and sword skill.....

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6371 on: July 23, 2014, 03:54:04 pm »

So one of my adventurers up created some masterpiece bogeyleather which some how he could do with an adept in leatherworking?
Now he's rocking the bogey cloak, armor, boots, shield loaded with bogey bone spikes.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6372 on: July 23, 2014, 04:01:58 pm »

Here I am, watching people get ripped apart online, lazing through my adventurer and this happens.  Given the poor condition of my dwarf I cant help but laugh imagining the 'twister'-like mangle of bodies flailing around in a pathetic struggle for not-death.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6373 on: July 23, 2014, 04:10:18 pm »

Woke up to a bunch of dingoes trying to gnaw me in the head, which has a iron helm of excellent quality, gave one a few kicks to the butt and then climbed up a tree to get my beauty sleep.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6374 on: July 23, 2014, 04:11:32 pm »

Hunting goblins.
Entered a building after it suddenly started to lag (not as severe as before, but still bad) and found TONS OF GOBLINS in the tower. There's also a down staircase in the bottom floor. After curb-stombing ALL THE GOBLINS, I'll check it out.
Pages: 1 ... 423 424 [425] 426 427 ... 1104