Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094499 times)

XArgon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ATTACK_VERB:wink]
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6315 on: July 20, 2014, 12:34:27 pm »

Isi Ancientvigor the Idol of Adoration
"Guildmaster of Doomsong, the Legendary Brutal Guild of Heroes."
If all those names are true, then this is the most metal adventurer ever. He should earn a prize for it. 8)
You just keep on trying 'till you run out of cake

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6316 on: July 20, 2014, 01:17:57 pm »

I hit a strange bug, the mobs that were inside the vault disappeared on my return.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6317 on: July 20, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »

uhh I take it they are now roaming the world since someone finally told them it's not worth watching a slab all day.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6318 on: July 20, 2014, 04:23:41 pm »

Finally started an adventurer, and began in a dwarf fortress. Ran around, found every single little nook and cranny inside the place, and couldn't find the stairs up, or the ramp to the surface. Retired and started a new one, began in a different, even bigger and sprawling fortress. Easily found my way up and traveled to the nearby elf village where I started learning how to climb trees and jump from branch to branch, catching myself as I fell between them.

Until I missed one branch, that is. Shattered my left hand, broke my left arm, and whacked my skull against the ground hard enough to put me out for a day and a half.

As soon as I woke up I decided to go to the also-very-close goblin pits and start exploring them. No idea if they are hostile or not, because they haven't detected me yet even after wrestling several to the ground and lopping limbs off.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6319 on: July 20, 2014, 04:31:25 pm »

You managed to be out cold a day and a half in the open without getting brutally murdered?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6320 on: July 20, 2014, 04:52:23 pm »

Made the mistake of jumping in a place with slade floors and pulped my right foot and right upper leg, good thing I'm a vampire, and apparently still bled. Just need to go to the nearest civilization and find a crutch.

Edoot: Huh? Fast travel completely cured that, mkay.

Edit: I went into a town with my zombie minions in fast travel, went to the marketplace and almost immediately, some of the soldiers started fighting each other
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:52:49 pm by smjjames »

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6321 on: July 20, 2014, 05:39:58 pm »

the only thing I dislike about this new version is you can no longer make one site, one civ worlds and run it for ten thousand years to adventure in, as now a forgotten beast will destroy the fortress even if you turn off everything else.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #6322 on: July 20, 2014, 05:44:01 pm »

You managed to be out cold a day and a half in the open without getting brutally murdered?

I was still inside the elf village, and laying beneath the tree I missed grabbing hold of. Had a companion too, but he's just there for show. And keeping the bogeymen away.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 05:46:32 pm by Lich180 »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #6323 on: July 20, 2014, 07:27:26 pm »

After generating a pocket world with the new 0.40.04 version and using only a small 50 years of history, i decided to move right into a goblin dark fortress to check if the bug fixes helped to make it playable there.

at first i was happy as i moved past a few goblin towers with several of them on top with absolutely no performance issue, all fast and smooth.
But then i moved near the dark fortress itself, and unfortunately the heavy slowdown started there again, unplayable on the surface floor of the dark fortress itself, but i still tried to kept moving as i only saw a few trolls and goblins there, it couldn't be those that were doing the slowdown.

Then on the underground level i ran into a giant room full of hundred of trolls, several of them being on top of each other. Never saw that before (but never tried to move inside dark fortress as too much lag is not really making me wanted to play around those sites)

wow, if the emotion/reaction system wasn't that bugged, my character would have been destroyed in no time.
And still i have not seen much goblins, if there are more hundred of them in other rooms, looks like the dark fortresses population on pocket world/short history is still not really playable.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 07:29:57 pm by Robsoie »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6324 on: July 20, 2014, 08:05:07 pm »

I was still inside the elf village, and laying beneath the tree I missed grabbing hold of. Had a companion too, but he's just there for show. And keeping the bogeymen away.

yeah i got ambushed in an elf village once immediately the ambushers were torn apart by arrows even if something showed up you would be fine i dident even see the elves it kinda gives you a new respect for elves
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6325 on: July 20, 2014, 08:54:24 pm »

Can't seem to find the monarch of this elf civilization.
Only random civilians are at what seems to be the home tree.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6326 on: July 20, 2014, 09:13:01 pm »

Can't seem to find the monarch of this elf civilization.
Only random civilians are at what seems to be the home tree.

I've had that too. Seems that the nobles are assigned to a regular old tree house instead.

I've had a similar thing with dwarven nobles in hillocks. Nobles are in random holes in the ground instead of the castle mound.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6327 on: July 20, 2014, 09:17:34 pm »

I was going to first have a civilized conversation, spit on them, and cut off their head with a silver battle axe.
According to legends in this world, the goblins weakened the dwarves, then the elves crippled them, and the goblins finished them off to the point that the goblins run the hillocks and fortresses. I, and some other dwarf, seem to be the only survivors.
I plan to rebuild dwarven civilization after scaring away the goblins.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #6328 on: July 20, 2014, 09:46:43 pm »

Just figured out that jump-tackles are always successful on airborne opponents (that is, one that's been thrown, tackled, or falling). Doing this repeatedly allows one to get an extensive tackle combo on a single opponent, giving them little to no chance to retaliate if you're lucky. I managed to kill at least 3 night trolls and 7 bogeymen this way. Now I'd just like to know if this could work on Bronze Colossi and other gigantic monsters.

Heh. Reminds me of those crazy-long combos from fighting games like MvC2 and GGXX2.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 09:48:47 pm by ShinQuickMan »

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6329 on: July 20, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »

somebody mentioned that somebody was going off to reclaim some place i asked about it and was told it was a short walk to the west and that a roc had routed the people there
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it
Pages: 1 ... 420 421 [422] 423 424 ... 1104