Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094489 times)

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6300 on: July 19, 2014, 09:56:23 am »

So umm... On my second attempt at goblin adventure I instead decided to enter dark fortress from underground instead of finding stairs to a dark pit tower and walking towards it... Mainly because I spawned in underground under dark pit closer to fortress than last time. So I looted tons of weapons(I think I have encrusted iron weapon of every melee kind in my backpack), managed to find dungeons were goblins prisoners are (well none of them exist since only goblins are alive) and I'm now getting up slowly to surface..

Then suddenly random moon monster attacking civilians in the dungeons.

Okay, whats up with random night creatures being attacking Dark Fortress each time I start a game with goblins? Do they decide to attack during first two calendar weeks since they are only target in the world that exists or what?

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6301 on: July 19, 2014, 10:06:00 am »

Sneaking into homes at night and jumping at occupants so they slam into each other. Dwarven Pool.

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6302 on: July 19, 2014, 10:17:29 am »

I found a cave and wandered around in the caverns. I swam in some water, but suddenly I started drowning from being under a tower-cap and even after I moved away I continued drowning for some reason so I died.

Curiously, after drowning my adventurer was shown as "Her upper body is gone."
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6303 on: July 19, 2014, 10:58:41 am »

I found a cave and wandered around in the caverns. I swam in some water, but suddenly I started drowning from being under a tower-cap and even after I moved away I continued drowning for some reason so I died.

Curiously, after drowning my adventurer was shown as "Her upper body is gone."
All dead creatures are described as having their upper body gone.

Really putting groups through their paces. Apparently a group of elves declared war on a group that pays tribute to me for mistreating plants and animals and is based out of an unrelated captured hamlet.  The humans are sending an invasion force to take the hamlet but I beat them there and declared myself lord of the hamlet.  After that the elf administrator running the place briefly left to give butterfly kisses to trees or or whatever it is elves do when your disapproving gaze isn't on them. The result was that by being the only claimant actually in the stronghold I was instantly and undisputably the lord. I then offered the elf my position as lord of the new group meaning she gave up control of a site controlled by her group then joined mine and is now controlling it under a different banner. This means a human force friendly to me is attacking a stronghold my group controls to strike at enemies who aren't there anymore. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 11:06:00 am by Broseph Stalin »

Authority2

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: INCREASE_FPS: REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6304 on: July 19, 2014, 11:32:25 am »

Sneaking into homes at night and jumping at occupants so they slam into each other. Dwarven Pool.

I just tried this. It was annoying when they got stuck in corners after giving in to pain, so I went and climbed above them to drop corpses, clothing, bags of coins and assorted boning knives on their heads. If I jump down myself too, I get there just in time to get hit by the last of my stuff.

If I'm hanging on to a wall on the level above ground and I move away from the wall and let go, the display shows me as max speed for my next action. Is that a bug?
"But I tell you what the Queen wants is impossible. The story of her mandate to create floodgates in our desert fortress cannot be told in less than 314160 stanzas! Art bows not to any dwarf!"

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6305 on: July 19, 2014, 12:23:43 pm »

Visited the elves in the world where my axeman is in, and found the queen.
After the home tree collapsed.
Clearly the tree wasn't stable...

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6306 on: July 19, 2014, 12:24:25 pm »

Lucked out majorly by finding a necromancer camp which only had that necromancer in it, he was a bowman, but was too scared to fight back.

Now that I'm being massively weighed down by the porcelain slab (which probably weighed the necromancer down as well) and the giant tiger meat, I need to buff myself up.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6307 on: July 19, 2014, 02:15:19 pm »

Lucked out majorly by finding a necromancer camp which only had that necromancer in it, he was a bowman, but was too scared to fight back.

Now that I'm being massively weighed down by the porcelain slab (which probably weighed the necromancer down as well) and the giant tiger meat, I need to buff myself up.

At least in 0.34, stats were not actually frozen once you became a necromancer due to a bug.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6308 on: July 19, 2014, 02:26:13 pm »

So while I lost my chance to kill the two wrestling night creatures due to crash, on this new playthrough I managed to kill two different(well, one of them was the same) night creatures anyway. Though I think there was third one, but I didn't find him, he wasn't around in his lair either so hes probably still somewhere in goblin sites. Anyway, turns out that goblins are awesome adventurers

Why? No need to sleep, no need to eat or drink... Perfect for hunting down giants, minotaurs, night creatures, zombie dragons... Now if only enemies were as hostile as they are supposed to be, that giant run away too easily without putting up a fight

Well, okay, turns out they do get drowsy, still slower than other races.

And got killed by night creature bride groom.*sigh* Three night creatures, one minotaur, one giant... Not bad I guess. But yeah, really fun playthrough
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 02:52:32 pm by MaskedMiner »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6309 on: July 19, 2014, 03:29:48 pm »

At least in 0.34, stats were not actually frozen once you became a necromancer due to a bug.

Do stats still become frozen when you become a necromancer in this version? I'm going to try to make myself a vampire first though.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #6310 on: July 19, 2014, 04:46:55 pm »

My first adventurer, Isi Ancientvigor the Idol of Adoration, had come across what I'd thought was a nice, big human city.

Turns out it was about 15 houses, a shrine and a keep, that had been built and then destroyed by a dragon about 130 years ago. Since then, a small group of goblins had moved in. So it was a microtown with a population of about 20 people and a castle.

And I thought "What a delightful spot for my adventurers to call home." Sadly, due to the dozens and dozens of goblin bandits I'd killed outside the town who kept showing up to the well (there's a single house and a well about an hour's walk from the edge of town. Apparently the town was about to expand sizeable when the dragon showed up and ruined things), the goblin leaders of the town were not by biggest fans. So I slew them. Still more unfortunately, the remaining members of the group scattered to hell and back, so the world still believes the town belongs to "The Standards of Neutrality" because I can't hunt down and kill all the leadership.

Anyways, Isi Ancientvigor the Idol of Adoration took some time to steal re-conquest the few food goods lying around town and move them into the keep, amass all his treasure and gems and weapons, and retired, taking the title "Guildmaster of Doomsong, the Legendary Brutal Guild of Heroes." He's currently training his protege and providing adventuring advice to those with bold hearts and strong arms.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6311 on: July 19, 2014, 11:07:04 pm »

Quistra, Vampire SuperAdventurer and Lady of the Cat-Keep, just strutted into a cave and boxed down 6 trolls and an ettin. Killed them bare handed.

That's all, really. Not much more to say.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TacoSundae84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6312 on: July 20, 2014, 08:15:36 am »

After a good bit of friendly "sparring" with some bandits who had been freed of silly things like appendages or teeth, my now legendary-swordsman vampire was ready to take on this titan he had been hearing so much about. After getting to the shrine rumored to be his home, he immediately saw the titan, and quickly climbed up one of the pillars to avoid the webs he was known to shoot. Standing there, waiting for the oncoming epic battle, he watched as the titan closed in on him. Then this happened:
You take out the +iron two-handed sword+.
The Savanna Titan shoots out thick strands of webbing!
The Savanna Titan misses You!
You slash The Savanna Titan in the body with your +iron two-handed sword+, breaking away the tissue!
Savanna Titan has been struck down.

Apparently nematodes don't make the best titans, though I guess I was expecting too much from something with the title "Lobster of Wings".

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6313 on: July 20, 2014, 09:46:57 am »

After a good bit of friendly "sparring" with some bandits who had been freed of silly things like appendages or teeth, my now legendary-swordsman vampire was ready to take on this titan he had been hearing so much about. After getting to the shrine rumored to be his home, he immediately saw the titan, and quickly climbed up one of the pillars to avoid the webs he was known to shoot. Standing there, waiting for the oncoming epic battle, he watched as the titan closed in on him. Then this happened:
You take out the +iron two-handed sword+.
The Savanna Titan misses You!
You slash The Savanna Titan in the body with your +iron two-handed sword+, breaking away the tissue!
Savanna Titan has been struck down.

Apparently nematodes don't make the best titans, though I guess I was expecting too much from something with the title "Lobster of Wings".

Maybe you just got a lucky hit
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6314 on: July 20, 2014, 10:19:16 am »

I've now killed a whole lot of trolls in this dark goblin pits and am now making my way out with my vampire necromancer adventurer to get to a vault where I've already stashed some corpses and am planning on using my zombie army as meat shields.

Also, has anybody else noticed that every time you go into a dark pits or dark fortress, the trolls always go nuts on the goblins? I've posted a bug report.
Pages: 1 ... 419 420 [421] 422 423 ... 1104