Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094659 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6285 on: July 18, 2014, 09:26:40 pm »

Go into one of those vaults? I'm still trying to power up a character before I make him a vampire or necromancer.

I still haven't fully figured out how to make my character really uber yet with training.

indeed vaults are the way to go. also another way would be to use a different weapon for a little more challenge. it would be pretty interesting (and useful) to be legendary in most or all weapon skills.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #6286 on: July 18, 2014, 09:55:31 pm »

He's actually not that good with a sword, he's like Adequate, he's just so strong and fast it doesn't matter.

I do switch weapons a lot.  I like to disarm people and kill them with their weapons, or just go fisticuffs.  The vampire tooth growth makes him a pretty nasty biter too, if he gets a hold of your neck you're done.
Shoes...

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6287 on: July 18, 2014, 10:00:36 pm »

Made a Demigod not long ago, went into the wilderness... Found some animals, started spearing/fisting them to death, it was a horrifying mess.
Getting stronger at least, 27 kills atm, will do more butchering in abit. :o

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6288 on: July 18, 2014, 11:21:22 pm »

found a new fun thing to do in Arena, Minecart chucking.

how I set this up is by using the speed:0 or something similar to that you can push up against a minecart for so many times that once you let time past you given it enough force to act like a speeding bullet, then sit in then stop assuming control to watch them fly.
using minecarts that pass through you leaves the victim intact while in the air so that they don't break an arm mid flight... also so that they don't die the first frame and become floating corpses.

now I need to do is set up a tree in the middle of a lake either be magma or water,
set up a ramp that minecart catapults the adventurer and see if they could catch the tree.
fake edit: I just did that here's the results

here's my first attempt with the NPC trying to cling on to a tree.

here's the second one with the npc and me controlling it for it's second take.

so far I had hopes of the NPC clinging onto the tree so folks can set up a sport in fort mode to see if they can launch goblins/nobles/whoever out and test if they can stick enough guys into single tree.
wonder if you can do this with cats...
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6289 on: July 19, 2014, 12:00:22 am »

about to go into a medium sized world for an adventure. I am mentioning this hear as there are only 44 Carp in this rather big world, and I want to see if I can find them.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6290 on: July 19, 2014, 12:46:19 am »

And I hope what you did catches on, Rumrusher.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6291 on: July 19, 2014, 01:27:05 am »

I see what you did there.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

xub313

• Bay Watcher
  • Recruit more masons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6292 on: July 19, 2014, 01:39:03 am »

The new combat stuff is awesome! I made a human spearman hero and walked around the outskirts of town until I met a goblin hammerman. We were chatting when a goblin maceman and bowman showed up from opposite sides. I suspect a robbery, so I say goodbye to the hammerman and approach the bowman. I casually talk about the weather, then run around him to put him between the me and the maceman.

I grabbed his bow and was able to wrench it off him, which started a fist fight. The fight escalates and the maceman joins in, outnumbering me. The goblins were pounding me with their fists while I was using mostly quick kicks. I was able to put some distance between the hammerman and me, when I see the Bowman swing at me with his right fist. I intercept with my left, put it in a wristlock, did the same with his left, and broke both wrists. The bowman faints as I bash him with his crossbow.

The fight now escalates to lethal, so I rip the bowman's quiver off his back and pull out my knife. Thankfully the maceman only has a copper flail, so I charge him with my knife and wrestle the flail out of his hands. I break his wrists like with the bowman, but with more difficulty. then I shoot him in the leg with the crossbow and he faints. I then slit both their throats.

The goblin hammerman was either struck dumb or just didn't care, as he didn't even move or speak the entire time. I return to town and the villagers confirm my suspicions of bandits, so I head to the guardhouse (killing two more bandits along the way) and get two soldier companions. I "borrow" a bunch of armor and we set off to kill the bandit leader.

On the second day of our adventure, we think we see the bandit leader by the river fork. When we arrive, I see we are near some ruined buildings (that didn't show up on the map). My companions begin shouting about a night creature. I take one step and the maceman runs off and the spearman is being attacked by the bleak freak. I forgot that I didn't put many points into strength so my armor made me too slow to do anything but be shredded to bits by the bleak freak.

Man, this is so mutch fun!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6293 on: July 19, 2014, 06:03:29 am »

got one cat in by shear accidentally slamming into the tree trunk.

so far it feels like I'm playing Dwarf golf since units have different speeds and how fast you go means how many times can you power up your kart to launch you...

the tree is the hole, the wall or another mine cart is your tee.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6294 on: July 19, 2014, 06:33:37 am »

got one cat in by shear accidentally slamming into the tree trunk.

so far it feels like I'm playing Dwarf golf since units have different speeds and how fast you go means how many times can you power up your kart to launch you...

the tree is the hole, the wall or another mine cart is your tee.

you should make a thread for this
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6295 on: July 19, 2014, 08:32:37 am »

Well, this is weird adventure

So I'm playing as goblin because everyone but goblins are dead in this world. So first thing in order is to get out from dark fortress and dark pit sites

In my way forward I recruit two companions and since they are slow I decide to sleep next to wall in dark fortress

So before that I noticed some "Horned Freak" tracks, but wasn't able to track it down. And after sleeping, companions were crying about battle. So guess what happened?

No, didn't get killed by horned freak during the sleep, turns out that in otherside fortress there is moon troll(male) wrestling with horned freak (female) while one goblin recruit is staring at them from distance and crossbow goblin is trying to shoot them

Huh, two night creatures at dark fortress wrestling each other, didn't know that can happen xP Whelp, time to see if I can kill them while they are distracted with each other and get credits for kills

Also, one my my companions got killed ofscreen in NW... Huh, I wonder if there are more monsters fighting goblins here... Edit: Nevermind, turns out that my companion's body was underneath BOTH of night creatures. So wait, what, he got killed by them and then they started wrestling each other on top of him? What

Dang it, killed horned freak, but while I was hunting down and attacking moon troll(they broke apart and run into opposite directions), game fricking crashed and I hadn't saved D: Well thats end of that good luck I guess
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 08:49:02 am by MaskedMiner »

Riklurt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6296 on: July 19, 2014, 09:13:56 am »

On my way to a bandit camp, casually coming across a river. Decide, for fun, to jump over it rather than swim. I fall a little bit short of the other edge, I guess because I'm weighed down, but I go "meh, I'll jump into the river then".

"You slam into the Giant Sponge!"
"The Giant Sponge slams into an obstacle!"
"The Giant Sponge stands up."
"The Giant Sponge is no longer stunned."

So... that was surprising. It didn't have time to attack me, thankfully, as I spent the time between it "standing up" (somehow) and becoming un-stunned swimming away as fast as I could.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6297 on: July 19, 2014, 09:15:54 am »

In this new world I generated, interestingly, theres a Dark Kobold Fortress. Ought to be interesting to check out.

On my way to a bandit camp, casually coming across a river. Decide, for fun, to jump over it rather than swim. I fall a little bit short of the other edge, I guess because I'm weighed down, but I go "meh, I'll jump into the river then".

"You slam into the Giant Sponge!"
"The Giant Sponge slams into an obstacle!"
"The Giant Sponge stands up."
"The Giant Sponge is no longer stunned."

So... that was surprising. It didn't have time to attack me, thankfully, as I spent the time between it "standing up" (somehow) and becoming un-stunned swimming away as fast as I could.

I've jumped into the middle of a school of fish a number of times with the fish scattering out of my way.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6298 on: July 19, 2014, 09:21:37 am »

Started a human axeman, and apparently goblins are harassing my town.
So I hacked the leg off of a goblin hammerman.
Iron halberds are epic weapons.

Riklurt

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6299 on: July 19, 2014, 09:50:09 am »

Wait... what?

The guy proceeded to panic and run away. I tried to catch up with him, at which point he stopped and shot me dead.
Pages: 1 ... 418 419 [420] 421 422 ... 1104