Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102335 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #6240 on: July 17, 2014, 01:38:34 am »

snip

first awesome story second im inpressed that one of them auctualy attacked you
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 01:42:37 am by tuypo1 »
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

Inquisitor Dust

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6241 on: July 17, 2014, 02:23:59 am »

Well today I learned that Bogeymen aren't exactly that keen on conversation, and that the time it takes to say "Hello," is the time it takes to run 6 tiles and start tearing into my poor little kobold adventurer. (I was using the All Races Playable mod.)
RIP in peace, what's your face from Chick-fil-A.

It also turns out humans are pretty nice guys, even let me spend my first night in their town despite my thieving ways.

Also first post, whoopee.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6242 on: July 17, 2014, 02:45:17 am »

Well today I learned that Bogeymen aren't exactly that keen on conversation, and that the time it takes to say "Hello," is the time it takes to run 6 tiles and start tearing into my poor little kobold adventurer. (I was using the All Races Playable mod.)
RIP in peace, what's your face from Chick-fil-A.

It also turns out humans are pretty nice guys, even let me spend my first night in their town despite my thieving ways.

Also first post, whoopee.

welcome to bay12 enjoy your descent into madness

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6243 on: July 17, 2014, 02:46:13 am »

well i came across a dusk woman wrestler that was minding its own business i foolishly tried to kill it and i started getting beaten but im starting to turn the fight around

man this priest is a badass

im holding onto this goblin so the priest can tear into it
« Last Edit: July 17, 2014, 03:00:10 am by tuypo1 »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6244 on: July 17, 2014, 04:30:42 am »

I has a story, pun intended.

Picture: Quistris, famous swordswoman, strides (sprints) into a newfound castle with the intent of screaming her newest accomplishments into the faces of all the residents. Upon charging inside, the first thing She notices is dozens of cats. Dozens and dozens of cats. There is also a significant congregation of townsfolk, who are busily tripping and falling over all of the cats like some massive display of choreographed slapstick.

Quistris does not stop her forward movement, and immediately falls flat on her face over a cat one step inside the door. To complete her ignominy, the cat walks up to the swordswoman's face, and licks.

Yeah, I know self quoting is bad, but this is a continuation of this adventurer's cat story.

After a month-long trek into the wilderness to locate some dwarven ruins containing a minotaur (success!), Quistris the Swordswoman comes galumphing back with the minotaur's head to the aforementioned castle, this time with the intent of avoiding any cat-cidents. As She approaches the castle, the cat horde rushes past Her on its way to go somewhere undoubtedly urgent. She steps inside the castle, and every single one of the previous residents was dead and piled in a heap in the center of the room. The only remainder was a swordsman and the newly crowned leader, some manner of priest.

I decided that this place needed some leadership, so instead of simply barking her successes in people's faces, Quistris discus tossed* the minotaur trophy, pulping the priest's head.  She is now the Lady of the Cat Castle, commanding more cats than Humans.

* Discus Toss
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6245 on: July 17, 2014, 05:32:21 am »

well im dealing with bandit harasment and they have started to fear me and start running now this 1 year old child from the temple is beating this goblin the fuck up

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6246 on: July 17, 2014, 06:29:35 am »

comes galumphing back with the minotaur's head to the aforementioned castle, this time with the intent of avoiding any cat-cidents
*NOMOETOES spits at Dunamisdeos
That is terrible.
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6247 on: July 17, 2014, 08:21:24 am »

I suggested to a hostile wrestler that he cease hostilities. He spit at me. I batted the spit away with my longsword. He agreed.

Lewa263

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6248 on: July 17, 2014, 08:31:59 am »

I'm trying to kill a hydra, but I can't catch it. I brought a pikeman with me (the only other military unit I've found in this year 5 world). So we enter its lair and start to fight. Things are going alright; it can't seem to hit me. Then, out of the blue, it starts to flee. I noticed what it was doing too late, and it got out of the lair while I was starting to sprint. I caught up to it while at max speed, but then inevitably I got tired and slowed down. The hydra was still running away, so I let it go. I figured that I might be able to catch it by going back to its lair and waiting. Well, it did reappear after I waited for an hour, but then everything repeated itself. It ran away again and I couldn't stop it. I'm stumped. Beating the bronze colossus to death with a silver war hammer was easier.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6249 on: July 17, 2014, 08:42:56 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stumbled across this.

He's surprisingly talkative.

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6250 on: July 17, 2014, 09:04:04 am »

well im dealing with bandit harasment and they have started to fear me and start running now this 1 year old child from the temple is beating this goblin the fuck up
Children got really brutal lately. I stabbed some priestess and she started running away but her child rushed into battle and cut me to pieces with cold blood.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6251 on: July 17, 2014, 09:23:35 am »

I'm trying to kill a hydra, but I can't catch it. I brought a pikeman with me (the only other military unit I've found in this year 5 world). So we enter its lair and start to fight. Things are going alright; it can't seem to hit me. Then, out of the blue, it starts to flee. I noticed what it was doing too late, and it got out of the lair while I was starting to sprint. I caught up to it while at max speed, but then inevitably I got tired and slowed down. The hydra was still running away, so I let it go. I figured that I might be able to catch it by going back to its lair and waiting. Well, it did reappear after I waited for an hour, but then everything repeated itself. It ran away again and I couldn't stop it. I'm stumped. Beating the bronze colossus to death with a silver war hammer was easier.

Yea.. Hydras are cowards in this version, your not the only one having that issue, I seen a lets play with one fleein.
Try cutting it's wing off btw (if it has any) or it's foot, it will slow down. :P

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6252 on: July 17, 2014, 02:11:29 pm »

Yea.. Hydras are cowards in this version, your not the only one having that issue, I seen a lets play with one fleein.
Try cutting it's wing off btw (if it has any) or it's foot, it will slow down. :P

also throwing things can cause enough hurt for it to "give in to pain" like the game says. Just need to get it one or more chipped bones before it leaves and heals

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6253 on: July 17, 2014, 05:13:58 pm »

A human hearth-person, sent to bother the elves to the south because of disagreements on the treatment of plants. Unfortunately, he is either stupid or the elves have no capacity to care for anything, as he simply cannot antagonize them enough.

Found the home tree. It was empty. Went to the market. Nothing but plants for sale.

Found a shaper's tree. I think it may be bugged, as it is full of cut gems for some reason.

Found both the queen and the princess in a random tree home. I thought they would have been at the home tree.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6254 on: July 17, 2014, 05:53:54 pm »

so on a quest to see how bogeymen tick in 40.0x I modded in the [NIGHT_CREATURE_BOGEYMAN] Raw tag into humans and gen a world.

upon creating an adventurer I was greeted with a prisoner, so like any lieutenant I agree to rescue her then I realize who she was.

I agree to rescue a  my Military Commander and Lady.
trying to figure out how this ties into the Raw tag, something about noble bogeymen and invasions.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 415 416 [417] 418 419 ... 1104