Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2097353 times)

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5865 on: July 01, 2014, 05:32:42 am »

well i went spelunking in a cave and killed a heap of large rats but i just reached the cavern and i dont want to risk exploring the caverns so im off to kill a giant jaguar

well i got to the jaguar i was lucky got in a first strike right on the upper body and damaging the lung so hes gonna have trouble breathing however it has ripped of my sword arm

i worked out a solution throwing hopefully some rocks will be as effective as the dagger was

its mostly unconcious but i cant deal a killing blow if only i could get past him to reach my sword
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5866 on: July 01, 2014, 05:33:33 am »

well i went spelunking in a cave and killed a heap of large rats but i just reached the cavern and i dont want to risk exploring the caverns so im off to kill a giant jaguar

well i got to the jaguar i was lucky got in a first strike right on the upper body and damaging the lung so hes gonna have trouble breathing however it has ripped of my sword arm

i worked out a solution throwing hopefully some rocks will be as effective as the dagger was

its mostly unconcious but i cant deal a killing blow if only i could get past him to reach my sword

its suficated a beat it and it only cost me an arm

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5867 on: July 01, 2014, 05:36:21 am »

its suficated a beat it and it only cost me an arm

hm i just noticed its only the lower arm i still have the upper arm thats handy

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5868 on: July 01, 2014, 05:42:43 am »

ok hopefully this jaguar dosent rip off my arm like the giant one did i need at least one arm to swing my sword

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5869 on: July 01, 2014, 07:15:03 am »

You don't have to make a new post every time. You can just edit your old one. It's getting kind of annoying seeing a bunch of new replies and they are all you.

Raul

• Bay Watcher
  • El Psy Kongroo
    • View Profile
« Reply #5870 on: July 01, 2014, 07:17:28 am »

You don't have to make a new post every time. You can just edit your old one. It's getting kind of annoying seeing a bunch of new replies and they are all you.
Hah, I was waiting for someone to post this. Didn't wanna be "that guy".

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5871 on: July 01, 2014, 07:29:06 am »

oh ok sorry ill just edit recent events together from now on

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5872 on: July 01, 2014, 08:58:15 am »

I started up my first second adventurer in a while.

My first adventurer melted in the wastelands he stopped by for the night.

This one has had zero contact with civilization, save his starting locale and his stop at a fort.

Speaking of starting location, my fort was by the northern tundras, and they started me in the bloody southern half!  I had to wad through jungles and wastelands before getting to taigas and finally my home mountain range and Im just now leaving that.  I've been ambushed by dingos, wolves, yeti, kobolds, sigh.

I have one more yeti drinking calmly by a brook, it looks like, and then the evil biome I settled on is huge and I think I have to cross that too, depending on the angle of my approach.  Hard to tell with the map being how it is in adventure mode.

The motivation for this character is to try to 'migrate' to my healthy and recently abandoned fort, hopefully I can make it past the ogres and the infection of my middle toe doesn't kill me first.

---

Speaking of, I think I will either make a solitary string or encourage a community fort/adventure for the new updates.  This really got me in the mode for it.

---

The human civ living by the tundra had a few nearby hamlets.  Being a peasant, I cant recruit without doing at least one job, sometimes two or three.  I muredereded some merlocks, human sized cannibals.  Going back, I got an infected cheek, and several cool looking scars.  I actually had to resort to chucking steel bolts at them after they broken my leg, but I didn't go full-cheese at least.

Anywho I had a friend, a hunter who resided in one of the hamlets.  He was having a good time chasing ravens and whatnot when night fell we camped.  Then this:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

poor guy.  Also turns out Im on the complete western end of the world, and my fort is a bit eastnortheast of my location.

---

Also I have a book now.  It has secrets according to legends, but I dont think Im going to read it.  :|
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 12:36:28 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5873 on: July 01, 2014, 02:37:27 pm »

I found an echidna bone figurine of a hedgehog man.

I swear, I'm going to find one of a crossbow-toting soldier with a halo or a hammer-wielding mechanic attacking turtles.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5874 on: July 01, 2014, 03:05:22 pm »

I went into a castle and started beating up things, went through a hatch cover, and can't get down now.
Why can't I open hatch covers?
EDIT: Hmm, seems there was an enemy there that I couldn't see due to the hatch cover.
Never mind.

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #5875 on: July 01, 2014, 03:07:55 pm »

Teams: Abyss denizens vs Adventurers
Place: Bottom levels
Score: 5 - 86

We have a whooping leading score now and their only chance to win the match is to completely obliterate our merry team... Which proves to be quite easy with their infinite replacements and web-shooting rabbits. For now, only their total stupidity prevents our untimely death. Perhaps, it's just right time to start a hasty retreat... Or score a hundred points.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #5876 on: July 01, 2014, 03:32:25 pm »

I made it to the edge of the evil biome.  Here is my journey as defined by the status screen:

Spoiler: Physical description (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Kill list (click to show/hide)

This was so much more than I signed on for.  And, to boot, this copper mace blows chunks.  I dont like it, even though it has over 50% of my kills.

In my possession is a Secret Book, an iron breastplate engraved with the image of a foul goblin, troll fur armor augments, and more food than I know what to do with.

---

I made it.  No ogres.  I was able to dodge around the profane ash cloud.  Alot of harpies, but other than the time they had me dodge off the edge of a hill not issues.  I got there, and in a true Moses moment a final boss appears!

'The giant wolverine has become enraged!'
oh fu---
'The giant wolverine charges you!'
'The giant wolverine bites you in the upper leg!' (read thigh)
'The giant wolverine shakes you about like a ragdoll, severing several nerves and causing massive bleedout!'
'The spinning steel bolt strikes the wolverine in the whatever, chipping the bone!'
'You bash the jackass in the head with your copper mace, hopefully now you can stop the !Bleeding! before you get any worse!'

Oh game . . . how ironic to contemplate death within sight of the goal.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2014, 04:16:06 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5877 on: July 01, 2014, 03:47:28 pm »

Funnily enough, my pentahydra adventurer that I'm using for Chaos Theory testing has reached Grand Master Axeman in a very short time; due to an unknown error in my raws, they don't have any weapons technically, so they start off with a copper spear. I went from Not to Competent before getting my great axe.
Note that there is no boost in skill gain that I am aware of.
My kills are:
One dingo
TONS OF HUMANS
Two fallens
And a rhino, whose meat I still carry around because pentahydras need to eat, too.

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5878 on: July 01, 2014, 07:35:03 pm »

Teams: Abyss denizens vs Adventurers
Place: Bottom levels
Score: 5 - 86

We have a whooping leading score now and their only chance to win the match is to completely obliterate our merry team... Which proves to be quite easy with their infinite replacements and web-shooting rabbits. For now, only their total stupidity prevents our untimely death. Perhaps, it's just right time to start a hasty retreat... Or score a hundred points.

i sugest you score the hundred points

Echostatic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5879 on: July 01, 2014, 07:52:36 pm »

A horror of evil grabbed my shoe and pulled it off. I removed my other shoe and proceeded to beat it in the head for a while.
Pages: 1 ... 390 391 [392] 393 394 ... 1104