Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2097456 times)

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5790 on: June 01, 2014, 10:23:50 pm »

After some adventuring, ring collecting and many scar getting I decided its time to retire Dolak Slosheddimples, so I have him settle down in a hamlet in a easy to find location, I then made an adventurer with no name, I strangled Dolak till he passed out and pinched his ears off before letting the peoples around me kill me. (he had an ear infection in both ears. :P)

The adventures of Tekud Cradleswords begins. c:
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

keyreper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5791 on: June 01, 2014, 11:32:21 pm »

so i went into legends mode and found out that the fortress had been assaulted what seems thousands of times by the same dragon, night creatures, titans, and just regular people.

it ended with a human called cado leadshingles the beak of gales killing and eating the last survivor.

so i went and looked up cado, she was attacked at the age of 1 she was attacked and given the elephant monster curse, well now i know what im going to do in adventure mode now :D

Edit: finally was able to disable all limbs and was bitten once, it was to the chest and i almost died. well i guess that's because she ate 10 people :P
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:41:36 am by keyreper »
The anwser to life, the universe, and everything as we know it is -MAGMA-

nomoetoe

• Bay Watcher
  • Victorian Walrus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5792 on: June 05, 2014, 12:22:45 am »

Well something strange happened to me, I had just retired my third and final member of a team to kill my demigod adventurer, so after a long tedious annoying journey I got Kina all the way to the hamlet they had retired in.

So I started up as my most advanced adventurer and was preparing to go and gather up the other 2 adventurers to defeat the demigod, but she had already begun killing everyone in the hamlet and she had already killed one of my other adventurers by brutal dismemberment. I quickly died. only one remains...is there any chances she'll defeat kina? we all know the answer to that question MAYBE!
The most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. At least that's what the restraining order says.

JugsJug

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5793 on: June 06, 2014, 04:08:53 pm »

So I had just started an adventure, and after a bit of wandering around and killing a few wild creatures, I stumble upon a shrine. However, everyone is drowsy, so I go to sleep next to it. Before it turns dawn, we get ambushed and I thought it would be the titan, but it was about 7 goblins. Anyways, one of my companions are shredded to bits and pale, along with severed nerves and a missing arm. The other was disabled from a giant lion previously, and only got hit in the hip but they were pretty far away anyways. So I go to save the guy who's being beat up, and as I kill the other guy the titan appears. I'm expecting a fight, and it's a mountain titan, so I go for the direct hit even though it's punching and I have no skills in striking, and all of a sudden...

I just imagine a huge titan without a scratch about to crush me, and then me punching it in the head after blocking nothing and it just falling down, dead, its body all bloody and scratched up and it basically becoming a lump of gore from a dainty little punch. :P

Oh also there are 666 announcements, so that's pretty cool that the 666th one was the mountain titan getting struck down.

Edit: I've started up 40d to mess around with dark fortresses, and found a dark fortress- err, multiple dark fortresses and a town in the same area. There were three dark fortresses, and there was a town there as well. The only inhabitants were three hobgoblins, a high priest, a crossbowman, and a guard. So I'm thinking about murdering the guard, and I decide to due it. Queue about 2 minutes of pressing enter to get through all the people he's killed. Now I fight him a bit, and most of my attacks glance off. I then mangle a part of his body, and all of the sudden, loads of earrings and bracelets and rings fall off of him, like about 100 or 200. That's when I notice he has loads of earrings. So I'm nearly dead from the guard beating me up with earrings, and in comes the crossbowman. I think I'm going to die, but then the crossbowman starts beating up the guard. Eventually, when the guard dies, I of course got my sword stuck in the guard. I have to go through about 400 pages of ornamental stuff to get to my sword, so about... 2000 or more ornamental things on the guy :o. Each of them either being silver xelic(?) a few hobgoblin, a bunch of human, and no elf, and loads of animal and dinosaur bone and leather stuff. What I don't understand is... all of it. Why'd the hobgoblin crossbowman attack him, when clearly he was there living in harmony with the other two hobgoblins and never did anything wrong, and I engaged the guard. I really need to go to legends to check out what he even really did exactly, because that was such a crazy fight that I can't even begin to process what happened, because he nearly broke my face and my upper spine with nothing but bone earrings and such in his hands as weapons.

He got 2738 kills.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And 473 other kills.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 02:49:16 pm by JugsJug »
Me:Oh no! A titan!
You block and punch The Mountain Titan in the head with your right hand, bruising the muscle and bruising the brain!
Mountain Titan has been struck down.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5794 on: June 07, 2014, 10:42:14 pm »

Just had this happen, nearly died laughing.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I love Dwarf Fortress...
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

deepfreeze78

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5795 on: June 07, 2014, 11:12:23 pm »

Okay, this is frustrating. How in the world should you deal with an olm woman vampire who literally dodges EVERYTHING. I've hit her like twice, hardly doing anything, and shes hit me I think close to fifty times now, hardly doing anything with each hit, but it's starting to build up. Anyone got some tips?
Nothing's truly dwarfy until it's been weaponized to kill elves with magma.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5796 on: June 07, 2014, 11:24:39 pm »

Okay, this is frustrating. How in the world should you deal with an olm woman vampire who literally dodges EVERYTHING. I've hit her like twice, hardly doing anything, and shes hit me I think close to fifty times now, hardly doing anything with each hit, but it's starting to build up. Anyone got some tips?

Depends on where you are. If you are in a city, try luring the vampire near some civilians or guards, and watch as they mob her.

Or trying gaining enough distance to be able to enter sneak mode, and keep throwing things at her.

Be sure to aim your attacks if you are going to melee, and try disabling a leg/foot, to greatly slow her down. Vampires don't breathe, so attacking the upper body won't do much unless you tear the heart.

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5797 on: June 09, 2014, 09:05:17 am »

Well, I've become a necromancer and am exploring a tomb, raising every corpse I see.
Counting the corpses I got from the necromancer whose slab I read, as well as the keas I killed, I have 22 zombies.
EDIT: Exploring a second tomb has me find a mummy who said "Life is, in a word, disease." He also said "When you arrive at your destination, prudence demands that you experience death."
That's... morbid. I'm going to kill some wildlife to console myself.
EDIT2: Found a bowman mummy and had them join my team. INFINITE CORPSES.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5798 on: June 10, 2014, 04:24:59 am »

Uhh testing out a way to bring gods into the mortal realm ended up summoning an angry one, now she going around killing peasants and trying to hunt me down and like she pretty much killing them like a megabeast to.
oh here's the first captured text of a god communicating to a mortal.

Lesson learn when you shove a god into a mortal vessel they might be a little miff about it.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

blazing glory

« Reply #5799 on: June 10, 2014, 07:05:31 am »

Uhh testing out a way to bring gods into the mortal realm ended up summoning an angry one, now she going around killing peasants and trying to hunt me down and like she pretty much killing them like a megabeast to.

Lesson learn when you shove a god into a mortal vessel they might be a little miff about it.

Interesting,is it a Dwarf Elf or Human deity?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5800 on: June 10, 2014, 07:22:23 am »

Interesting,is it a Dwarf Elf or Human deity?
from the thread I made Goblin
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5801 on: June 10, 2014, 01:01:41 pm »

For some reason, Thirsty popped up for me, but of a different color.
It's a dark red, and can't be quelled.
What's the issue?
EDIT: Never mind, I am a VAMPIRE.
First the enlightenment by way of spikes, and now bloodthirst.
Once my current companion dies, I'm not going to have any.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5802 on: June 10, 2014, 05:08:06 pm »

Wow, an experienced forumite having their first experience with vampirism.  :o

FallenAngel

• Bay Watcher
  • !!x(oᴥo)x!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5803 on: June 10, 2014, 05:28:28 pm »

I didn't know I drank the blood of a vampire.
It helps that I seem to be one of the few vampires left in my civ.
Either way, playing as a vampire is much more interesting than a normal person.
The shaft of enlightenment I built on a momentary fort probably helped matters.
EDIT: I just bit the lower body off of a bogeyman. Either it was small or I'm awesome.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Certified geezer & only man to win 0.40.24
    • View Profile
« Reply #5804 on: June 10, 2014, 08:06:09 pm »

Both, probably.

Merits of vampirism:
1. No eat/drink/sleep - never stop adventuring ever
2. No breathing - diving underwater, never drown, laugh at enemies that choke you
3. Undead - zombies ignore you
4. Stat boosts - you are now very powerful, and the NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN tag is bugged
5. Bloodsucker - you can occasionally drain an enemy dry, also lets you murder civ members and get away with it
Pages: 1 ... 385 386 [387] 388 389 ... 1104