Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095112 times)

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5655 on: February 07, 2014, 10:56:14 pm »

Unretired my most badass adventurer, to have him go retrieve the slab from one of my dead necromancers. On his way there, he, along with his extremely wounded party of 9, were ambushed by goblins, mostly archers. In the ensuing chaos, he lost hold of his iron spear, which had claimed about 57 lives, 3 of them titans. So, instead of being sensible and picking it up, he started beating heads in with one of his trophies, a large crystal glass gem. He continued this until he had killed the entirety of the goblin party, which had also slaughtered all of his friends. And he also left one alive, albeit groinless.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity

Sharpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5656 on: February 08, 2014, 02:22:57 pm »

Just survived the invasion of legionnaire dwarfs and stonemancers (masterwork) in my civ's capital. Should make for an interesting story of trying to reclaim the town and stop further invasion.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5657 on: February 08, 2014, 04:44:57 pm »

Decided to become a necromancer and destroy the world. Step in the door and someone notices me. Torn apart by zombies.

Always, always become a vampire before doing that.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5658 on: February 08, 2014, 07:19:57 pm »

Picked up a quiver of Superior Iron Bolts and have been throwing them at stuff.

Turns out you can train archery AND throwing at the same time this way. They level at the same rate too.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5659 on: February 08, 2014, 08:34:29 pm »

Just strangled a random named giant lion with my modded in hobbit lasher after lashing it enough with my bronze whip so that it passed out from pain. Trying to lash its skull in proved fruitless after multiple swings which shattered the skull, so I just settled for slowly choking it to death and raising some wrestling skill.

Currently on my merry way to the hobbit capitol to see if they have any clothing that isn't large for them. So far all hobbit peasants I've seen in hamlets are completely naked. I think I got something wrong in the entity file. Or maybe clothing in hamlets are just sized for humans and above. I dunno. Errybody's completely nekkers except for the soldiers in their armor. That's odd.

Hobbits have access to steel though, so that's working as I hoped it would. After I search the capitol it's on to the next named giant lion! Let the giant lion taming commence!
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5660 on: February 09, 2014, 08:49:36 pm »

Your hobbits have steel.

SHOW ME WHERE TO ADD THE ENTITY TOKEN, POR FAVOR.

I'm sick and tired of using iron in the middle ages, where they actually did use steel extensively, beard or not.

EDIT: Never mind, found the reaction thing with steel dorfs have but humans don't.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:10:41 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5661 on: February 10, 2014, 12:02:37 pm »

Thad Bunchsnuggled, after being resurrected by Armok because his death was not heroic (in dorf standards that is) Is now at his first serious quest to kill Some gobo leader in a camp.

So far he's winning the battle reasonably well. Still unscratched, but it's the beginning of the battle so there is more to come.

How do you resurrect yourself using DFhack?

Grombardrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5662 on: February 10, 2014, 12:11:54 pm »

I used to use a command called healunit (I can't remember where I found it though, sorry), that literally regenerates you completely in an instant.  As if you were brand-new.

I stopped using it when it proved unsuccessful in saving my Elven Serrated-Disc-user (I would regenerate her, she would pass out from exhaustion, and wake up with her head caved in by a hostile spearman.  Rinse and repeat)
We're basically feasting on eldritch abomination cookies. I love this game.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5663 on: February 10, 2014, 03:23:00 pm »

Retired my Jedi in vanilla DF. Now playing Imperial Hammerman in Masterwork DF.

Here's a few question to those who are familiar with Masterwork Adventure Mode:

-I haven't come across any hunger/thirsty statuses so far. Is that disabled by default? My character does get sleepy though.

-It seems like the humans start with Steel weaponry and armor. Does that mean Steel is fairly low-tier? Also does this mean I can find higher-tier materials?

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5664 on: February 10, 2014, 08:13:23 pm »

Spoiler: Masterwork stuff (click to show/hide)
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5665 on: February 10, 2014, 08:33:42 pm »

I was poking around in the speech raws the other night. You can change how people talk; I modded in "hitter-with-pointy-things" and subsequently a Minotaur told me he was the "hitter-with-pointy-things" of some guy in his kill announcement. I was trying to get bandit lords to greet me with "My name is <BANIDTNAME>! You killed my father! Prepare to die!", whether or not I actually killed their father. Then I found out what happens if you ask a snatcher in Adventure Mode about their profession:

"I rescue lost children and bring them back to <SITENAME>."

This is wrong on so many levels. SO MANY LEVELS. Think: they kidnap dwarven children when they're too young to remember, bring them back to a fortress, and naturalize them to pretend to be goblins. And they tell people that what they do is "rescue lost children".

If those idiots ever show their face at a fort, I'm going to abandon immediately and make an outsider to come talk with him.

ANYWAY

I also modded in broadswords by copying 2-handers, cranking down the size, and decrementing all their slash values and increasing the stab values, making them basically smaller, slightly blunter 2-handers. Genius. Sadly, I have yet to find one.

Also, does anyone know how to add new kinds of jewelry? I wanted to add monocles, so that I could have an EPIC WARRIOR who has a STEEL TOP HAT and a CAT BONE MONOCLE.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5666 on: February 10, 2014, 08:43:44 pm »

To be entirely fair, have you seen what some overseers do to their citizens?
I also modded in broadswords by copying 2-handers, cranking down the size, and decrementing all their slash values and increasing the stab values, making them basically smaller, slightly blunter 2-handers. Genius. Sadly, I have yet to find one.

Have you remembered to give the weapon to any of the civilizations? It's a common mistake.
Also, does anyone know how to add new kinds of jewelry? I wanted to add monocles, so that I could have an EPIC WARRIOR who has a STEEL TOP HAT and a CAT BONE MONOCLE.

You can't, sadly. But you can mod them in as hats.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5667 on: February 10, 2014, 08:48:47 pm »

-snip-

Have you remembered to give the weapon to any of the civilizations? It's a common mistake.

D'oh!

You can't, sadly. But you can mod them in as hats.
Darn. Ah well.

Genning worlds trying to get one in "the twilight age" in order to bring it down to the age of death by killing all civilization leaders in the world, I found an ocean named "The Aquamarine Sea". Also, one time I got "the Third Age of Goblins". Kept that one for kicks.

On a side note, would it be possible to create a weapon that's always on fire? I had the random inclination to look up "lightsaber" on Wikipedia and immediately decided to try to mod it in.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 09:00:26 pm by Tawarochir »

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5668 on: February 10, 2014, 09:08:33 pm »

Spoiler: Masterwork stuff (click to show/hide)

This is helpful. Thank you.

And you're absolutely right about the boots and gauntlets thing. I had to wander around for a while to get some chain boots in a Human Civ. And I've yet to find gauntlets of any kind.

One interesting thing I did find though, is that dungeons in human cities have some weird mythical beings. I just killed some, and they were dropping Legendary-tier weaponry (Superior Wolfram Zweihander) and some Bifrost bars.

I did a little digging on the wiki, and as it turns out both Bifrost and Wolfram are very high tier ores. It's a shame though, as I think even with the extended crafting/forging that this mod provides I don't think you can forge actual weapons. I can, however, melt down the Wolfram into Wolfram bars I believe.

the1337doofus

• Bay Watcher
  • Grand Master Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5669 on: February 10, 2014, 09:59:52 pm »

This is wrong on so many levels. SO MANY LEVELS. Think: they kidnap dwarven children when they're too young to remember, bring them back to a fortress, and naturalize them to pretend to be goblins. And they tell people that what they do is "rescue lost children".
Considering what most dwarven fortresses are like, is that really such a bad thing? At least then they aren't exposed to dogs for 12 years. Or used as meat shields. Or exposed to any of the other horrible, demented things the DF community uses children for.
Quote from: /k/
Multiple babies means that the force is distributed per baby, so less force total per baby.
burning dwarves is a sign of productivity
Pages: 1 ... 376 377 [378] 379 380 ... 1104