Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094881 times)

blazing glory

Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5580 on: January 04, 2014, 12:06:20 am »

My companion just got one-shotted by a two humped camel.  :o

Watch out for quadrupeds,especially horses

PABadger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5581 on: January 04, 2014, 09:56:14 am »

Watch out for bloody companions too; they have a bad habit of going tearing off after every living thing on the map. Anybody know how to fix that?

blazing glory

« Reply #5582 on: January 04, 2014, 03:36:12 pm »

Watch out for bloody companions too; they have a bad habit of going tearing off after every living thing on the map. Anybody know how to fix that?

1st best option,get elf companions.
2st option, Mod humans to be at peace with wild life

Warning,the 2st option will force you to constantly press alt y to confirm attack's vs animals,and the option will also close off some possible ways to train your adventurer's defensive skill,because animals won't attack you,note,all these penalties only come if you choose to be a human or elf

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5583 on: January 05, 2014, 06:38:07 pm »

I had a legendary wrestler vampire adventurer, in my second quest to kill an outpost he got severely injured (a leg and both arms had motor nerve severed), the bandits just kept poking his already dead arms and legs but then he somehow managed to land a bite on every single one of the attackers and drop them on the ground. It was a glorious victory as he ripped out the throat of the boss.

But seriously my guy just simply doesn't die, on the way back home he was attacked by dingoes, they were all around him as i was just holding down a direction button and expecting to get torn apart.
As i expected, when i wanned my dear crippled wrestler with no plans of bright future dead, he just tore everyone apart only using his jaw. Later still on the way home he got attacked by boogymen. It turns out biting is the cryptonite of night creatures as he ripped them apart.

Now i have a wrestler with scars on every single body part possible and unable to grasp and stand, is there anything i can do with to fix him?

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5584 on: January 06, 2014, 03:57:42 am »

Now i have a wrestler with scars on every single body part possible and unable to grasp and stand, is there anything i can do with to fix him?
Go fight dragons. That should fix the life out of him.
Or get bitten by werebeast.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #5585 on: January 06, 2014, 08:50:28 pm »

So, I found out how to make the most FUN world I've ever played.

Tired of getting one-shotted by bandit crossbowmen?

The solution is as follows:
 ______________________________________________________________________________________________
|Death Box of Armok                                                                                                                            |
|______________________________________________________________________________________________|
|Set WORLD SIZE to SMALL or so, to be safe. And, y'know, avoid AGE OF FLUFFYCUDDLES THE DEMON LORD.     |
|______________________________________________________________________________________________|
|Set the CIVILIZATION settings, number and sites, both to HIGH or so.                                                         |
|Set the NUMBER OF BEASTS setting to VERY HIGH. !!VERY IMPORTANT IF YOU WANT TO DIE HAVE FUN!!  |
|Set the NATURAL SAVAGERY to around medium. Low will mean more unicorns, while high will mean more bigfoots.|
|Set the MINERAL FREQUENCY modifier to frequent or so. More metal means more sharp things for you.               |
(Tawarochir Enterprises apologizes for any bad line breaks.)

Anyway, this generates a world with about a million dragons, rocs, giants, ettins, night hags, vampires, werebeasts, and stuff like that. !!FUN!! stuff, really. This is the first time I managed to actually reach the lord tier of play without armies of highly trained companions. And, you know, a very very very lucky demigod axeman/ninja.

Of course, that doesn't mean those Bruce Lee-related night trolls can't still kick your head in, even though you're an iron-helmet toting vampire, using that kick they practiced 10,000 times on those hapless morons who go in there thinking "Oh, I wonder who built this awful-smelling house in the middle of the wilderness? Wow, it smells like my sadly deceased granny! I'm going in! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..." *CRACK* Urist McMoron has been struck down.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5586 on: January 06, 2014, 08:57:38 pm »

I ran into a goblin civilization numerous times with many dwarven adventurers, and found that no number of companions or skills could kill a single one of their goblins.

I decided to go into legends mode and found out that they survived two wars from two massive dwarven & elven civilizations, and EIGHTY SIX pillagings from the dwarves... they suffered a total of 32 casualties from both wars, not to mention that they even WON both.
no one could have anticipated this

Urist McOriginalname

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5587 on: January 08, 2014, 03:18:14 pm »

I accidentally found a cave that turned out to be a kobold mountainhome.
Childish me found a lake near the cave, then thought what if 20.000 size kobolds + a professional wrestler human 70.000 size = throwing...

So there i was with 2 kobolds under water, my wrestler taking them down by the head every time they get up...

It was only then that i understood how twisted up the situation was

#dwarffortressruinedmyhumanity

SpazzyCat

• Escaped Lunatic
  • That guy who can't figure out Fortress mode
    • View Profile
« Reply #5588 on: January 09, 2014, 04:50:40 am »

(first post, yay)

How about a poem to describe the happenings?

My best fellow yet, a Lasher with skill,
Necromanced zombies to move for the kill
Striking down bandits with frightening speed,
Ripping them up as if they were weeds

I met a wee goblin who's skills were quite honed,
But of course, in the end, she was indeed boned
To my skill, her significance was quite simply naught
Once disabled, I stopped and I had a great thought!

First, I strangled, to ensure she can't flee,
Then I gouge out her eyes with childish glee
Next step is simple; off with her limbs!
But, up rushed a new goblin, let's call him Jim

Jim tried to charge me, but to no avail,
Against a fine «☼Silver whip☼» he was doomed to fail
As he fell dead, with a skull through his brain,
I could turn to my fine limbless goblin again

I located a crutch nearby in a bag,
Later that day it would slay a great stag
Taking it to ensure gob's demise,
I soon walked away from the gal with no eyes,
And left her alone for the dingoes.

THE END

tldr, I blew up a bandit camp, selected a lucky goblin to have it's eyes gouged out and limbs removed, stole the crutch nearby just to make sure, and left it for dead

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5589 on: January 10, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »

So I've never really played as a necromancer, and decided to give it a shot after I found a necromancer tower with only one necromancer and hardly any zombies.

I decided that I would need a proper horde to get started, so it was off to the village of Carnageskin. I walked into a house, decapitated a wood burner, and raised his body. All hell broke loose after that. I tried to get everybody, but I must have missed a few because I couldn't fast travel out. Anyway, with about 600 zombies in tow and my FPS rapidly approaching a decimal value, I set off for another, less remote settlement.

Before I made it there though, I was ambushed by a ****load of goblins, I couldn't even guess how many there were. I fought them for a long time, but my zombies had trouble taking down the goblins, and the battle was slow going. I, meanwhile, was frantically dodging attacks and reanimating my fallen troops and the armored goblins where I could, trying to work my way out of the ring of goblins as I did. It eventually became clear that I wouldn't be able to win this, so I ran and left what little of my army remained to cover my escape. I was upset, but plans were already turning in my head, I would go find some armor and forceequip the zombies, build up an army slowly...

Then I took an iron bolt in the back. My character fell down, but I pulled it out and kept running. I made it another dozen or so tiles, but the foremost goblins were catching up to me slowly but surely at this point. Another bolt hit me, but glanced off of my chestplate, but a third got me in the leg. I fell down, and decided on a final stand. The first goblin I cut down with my steel short sword, but that was the extent of my success.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5590 on: January 12, 2014, 11:46:48 am »

The problem is ambushes scale with your party size. I won a 80 zombie vs 45 crossbowgoblin battle once, but my guy was already ripped to the tits with full candy and dodged those bolts like the matrix. The sheer amount of blood and body parts makes it worthwhile though :)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

kuudou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5591 on: January 12, 2014, 03:57:45 pm »

Nothing interesting. I'm a bit new to DF so clearing 5 Outlaw camps and hunting down two night creatures is the extent of my accomplishments in adventure mode.

I was doing fine on my last adventure before I died to a goblin ambush, me and all 7 of my human companions.

I'm not entirely sure how I can survive long enough to "level" myself up. Or find decent equipment that isn't pillaged from the corpses of the Outlaws I've killed. Any hints and pointers are appreciated.

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
  • There are only so many bees in a hive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5592 on: January 12, 2014, 05:02:58 pm »

Well, i'm playing a fiendish vapor zombie that's basically unstoppable. Only killed by severing the head, sometimes heals, and is legendary in fighting, dodging and swimming (I swam a sea to get off the island I started in).

Killed a lot of humans and elves, and a fair few animals, and have at least 100 pounds of money, loot, and teeth and tails on me. I'm also fully armored.

Unfortunately, I appear to be stuck in a T-shaped hole in a cave, and I can't get out. So i'm scouring the forums and internet at large to see if I can hack or otherwise dig my way out, because I still have a lot to do. Like make Queen Mab (my nickname for her) into the baddest villain in the world, killing leaders and random chiefs and end beasts.

Any suggestions, while i'm here?

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5593 on: January 12, 2014, 07:05:53 pm »

Well, i'm playing a fiendish vapor zombie that's basically unstoppable. Only killed by severing the head, sometimes heals, and is legendary in fighting, dodging and swimming (I swam a sea to get off the island I started in).

Killed a lot of humans and elves, and a fair few animals, and have at least 100 pounds of money, loot, and teeth and tails on me. I'm also fully armored.

Unfortunately, I appear to be stuck in a T-shaped hole in a cave, and I can't get out. So i'm scouring the forums and internet at large to see if I can hack or otherwise dig my way out, because I still have a lot to do. Like make Queen Mab (my nickname for her) into the baddest villain in the world, killing leaders and random chiefs and end beasts.

So, how are you stuck exactly? more info could be useful.

If it is completely imposible to escape normally, use AdvFort and dig your way out. You will need a pick as well (Make one with DF Hack)
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Tieranus

• Bay Watcher
  • There are only so many bees in a hive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5594 on: January 12, 2014, 07:18:01 pm »

So, how are you stuck exactly? more info could be useful.

If it is completely imposible to escape normally, use AdvFort and dig your way out. You will need a pick as well (Make one with DF Hack)

I've just fixed myself, actually. I had a previous save that set me back on the shore of the island, and I just swam back. Planning on raiding a goblin fortress and kicking in heads, then it's off across the mainland to sow discord and death.
Pages: 1 ... 371 372 [373] 374 375 ... 1104