Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094430 times)

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5460 on: July 20, 2013, 02:58:53 am »

jumped off a cliff (about 5 z levels), and my MASTERWORK IRON ARMOR DEFLECTED THE BLOW, except for minor bruising on the hand, which healed with fast travelling....I love physics in this game.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5461 on: July 21, 2013, 05:50:14 pm »

Just spent 9 years watching a goblin child grow up on her own after killing and stealing a home of a minotaur from the age of 8. Now at the age of 17 she off on her own.  I have no idea what I should do after capturing and fortifying a lair.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5462 on: July 26, 2013, 11:23:57 pm »

This was a long time ago, but once while playing as a modded dragon adventurer, I had a battle with a flying bird-parakeet,parrot I think titan that had us flying higher and higher in the smoke from my breath attacks until I bit him in half. Would like to see a good picture of that fight.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5463 on: July 28, 2013, 03:28:11 am »

I'll tell you little story about my greatest achievement. I had a dwarf, Obok. I don't remember his last name, but it was something badass. First he killed every beast near his home civilization (I had modded every race to build towns). Every werebeast, night creature and evil dingo got crushed under his hammer. He even took down the cyclops in the mountains.

After I ran out things to kill,  I went to meet the king. He was clearly most annoying fellow I had ever met. I had freed his lands from the beasts, and still he didnät consider me mighty enough to get a quest from him. I knew there was a great titan covering our people with fear, but no one dared to tell me where his shrine was. It was said that only king knew it, and he would tell it to mighty warrior enough. Probably if the warrior couldn't kill the titan, titan's wrath would rise and burn the dwarves.

So the King just insulted me and told to go to his lesser subjects. I was angered. After this all I had done. I took my hammer and killed him and fought my way through his guards out from the castle. My only option was to escape from the dwarf-homes, and the only direction was the mountains.

There was a great mountain range east from the dwarves. I started to climb without any supplies - basically all the food was wolverine meat. At first, there was a streams, but after I reached the high mountains, there wasn't any water anymore. I ascended to the largest peaks there was (just to see the "you have climbed to the x, the peak"-messages). While very thirsty, I climbed to the volcano. My dwarf looked down at the lava and thought of jumping in. At least he wouldn't have to dehydrate. Die and burn, burn for the Armok. Rest in those flames.

Seeing Armok's blood brighted his mind. He wasn't anymore depressed about the situation. He looked to the east, to the ever-rising peaks. Somewhere beyond was a new land, where he could once again help people.

At those mountain peaks he found a stream. It was just a small stream, which run to north. Still, it was enough. He drunk and filled all his waterskins. He continued to ascend - through snowy storms and lashing winds, he reached the highest peak of the world.

There he looked his surroundings.

And there were just the clouds.

Every direction was so misty, full of clouds. He didn't have any pre-destined path. He was a justified to make his own paths.

So he continued to east. Mountains fell and rose, and there was many high peaks. Once again, he ran out of water. But he knew that he would soon be out of the mountains. He travelled days and nights, didn't even bothered to hunt for food. He felt how lack of water was weakening him. He saw the green vales and great forests from the mountains - the great eastern land.

After nearly dehydrating, he finally came to the stream. It saved him.

He descended from the mountains and travelled to the first hamlet he could find.

It was a full of goblins. They attacked him. He slaughtered them. All of them.

He tried another cities. Goblins, goblins, goblins.

Most of the eastern land was nasty and evil, with living eyes watching you from the shrubs. There was a zombies and everything terrible.

It was depressing. He started a journey to the north, towards green forests.

Then a revenge-party of the goblins ambushed him. He got an unlucky arrow to the elbow. And anothet to foot. Goblin bowmen slowly tortured him by shooting more and more arrows, but never the one which would en this misery. He slowly bled to death while trying to reach the marksgoblins.

Bled to death. Slain by goblin arrows. Far from home, after on of th greatest journeys of the dwarvenkind. Underestimated by his own kin and attacked by the goblins he just wanted to help.

His body was mutilated and put into the spikes as a warning for everyone.

Rest in peace, Obok the Mountaineer.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5464 on: July 28, 2013, 06:32:07 am »

A bit unrelated, but "obok" happens to be a. Polish word for "next to".
Judt saying.

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5465 on: July 28, 2013, 08:06:59 am »

That's a good story, I might add.

Here is mine.

Urist started.

Urist find wolf.

Urist ded.

LOLMINE'S BETTERBRO

Just kidding.  ;)
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

DwarfOfTheLand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5466 on: July 28, 2013, 09:01:55 am »

Well, my adventurer goblin just raided a human village successfully. Murdered them all in their sleep.

He was granted the title of the Strategic side. So, now I'm training him up for the attack on the next village down the road. Got him some allies this time too, so it's sure to be fun.

Mod pl0x?  :D 

Edit to last post - Feel like a bad-ass, lost my incompetent swordsperson in a drowning "accident", so I carried on with his skull in my backpack. I guess it was lucky, entered a martial trance, whooped the ass of the overlord and his minions. I had a little !fun! with the last one, leaving a blood-shrine for the skull to rest peacefully at. God.. how I love DF.
¤MASTERWORK¤ Dwarf Fortress - V.3 -
 - A comprehensive mod pack with 25% higher FPS -

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5467 on: July 29, 2013, 12:44:46 am »

I don't think there's a mod for playing as a goblin adventurer because its such a quick fix.  Go into your DF folder>raws>objects>entity_default.txt, find the line that says [ENTITY:EVIL] and underneath it type or copypaste [ADVENTURE_TIER:1]

You'll want to change them to have human cities so that you can actually visit them.  Under the goblin raws (everything under [ENTITY:EVIL] but before the next entity) you should find a cluster of lines that start with [DEFAULT_SITE, [LIKES_SITE, or [TOLERATES_SITE.  Replace all of those lines with the human version of those lines, which is:

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:TREE_CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5468 on: July 29, 2013, 01:48:22 am »

I don't think there's a mod for playing as a goblin adventurer because its such a quick fix.  Go into your DF folder>raws>objects>entity_default.txt, find the line that says [ENTITY:EVIL] and underneath it type or copypaste [ADVENTURE_TIER:1]

You'll want to change them to have human cities so that you can actually visit them.  Under the goblin raws (everything under [ENTITY:EVIL] but before the next entity) you should find a cluster of lines that start with [DEFAULT_SITE, [LIKES_SITE, or [TOLERATES_SITE.  Replace all of those lines with the human version of those lines, which is:

[DEFAULT_SITE_TYPE:CITY]
[LIKES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:TREE_CITY]
[TOLERATES_SITE:CAVE_DETAILED]

Also, if you want the race to build tombs/forts, put [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_TOMBS] or [BUILDS_OUTDOOR_FORTIFICATIONS].

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5469 on: July 29, 2013, 09:55:13 pm »

Does it count as a kill if they're already dead?

I brought Mogastad Stonehall out of retirement today. He's the one who killed a cyclops with its won treasure hoard and watched a cat kill a human. It's been about 3 month in game, I've spent the interim assembling a group of adventurers for him to recruit. Nothing unusual happened on the way to rally the troops, met the dwarven queen at a fortress, bitch-slapped an ettin to death, until I decided to take a shortcut across the one evil mountain in the entire world. What could go wrong?

Undead keas, that's what! As if the thieving bastards weren't enough trouble alive, these were a mix of flying corpses and skeletons. Thirty of them, approaching from above and surrounding me before I had time to figure out how a skeleton can still achieve flight. I killed four of them right off the bat, but then I started missing and they started doing chip damage. When one got a hit on my chest and bruised the lungs, I thought the flashing 'mortal wound' warning meant Stonhehall was finished.
Then the martial trance kicked in, triggering a hailstorm of severed Kea skulls. One such skull wouldn't die and continued to peck at my ankles for the rest of the fight, stopping only after I punted it across a brook outside the evil biome.

I moved on and my lungs got better. On the way, I stumbled upon an odd lair, colored green on the map instead of the usual grey. Investigating, I discovered the roost of a Zombie Roc, in mint condition apart from the zombie bit. The thought of an undead bird the size of a jet liner almost made me turn away, but when I noticed it was sitting on a nice pair of gauntlets, I knew I had to take this buzzard down.
I charged the rotting feather duster and laid into him. For some reason, my steel axe never seems to cut very deep against large targets, and the best I could do was tear the fat in the first few rounds. The zombie roc followed an odd attack pattern. It would push me over a few times, fly to the space one level above me, and then drop down. Whatever it was trying to do wasn't working, and the swarm of keas actually managed to do more damage against me than the roc.
Finally, I landed a good hit, severing one of its talons. It retreated back to is starting position and just idled there. Curious, I snuck up to it and prodded it a few times, with the edge of the axe. Before I was able to land a hit, the Zombie Roc collapsed dead. I can't tell if it finally succumbed to all the cuts I gave it or just lost the will to unlive after I hacked off its toe.
Still, A kill's a kill, and dwarf-sized gauntlets are dwarf-sized gauntlets.

Duspbu Waxhale the Cyclopean Beaches, Zombie Roc, was Mogastad Stonehall's 100th kill, taking place immediately after the destruction of thirty undead Keas. If undead creatures don't count for points, he's at 69 kills. 69 or 100, either way he's done all that completely alone, save for the assistance of a pack of cats earlier on.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

drakon136

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5470 on: July 31, 2013, 04:23:43 pm »

Rigoth Nulraliton cancels leave town: interrupted by duck.

Lots and lots of ducks.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #5471 on: July 31, 2013, 04:55:08 pm »

haven't played in a bit, made a new guy just the other day, still playing him now but unlike yesterday now my guy is a badass necromantic vampire with an iron longsword in one hand a superior iron pickaxe in the other hand in full iron armor, i charge head first at everything outside of sneak mode and if i don't decapitate it with the longsword i decapitate it with the pickaxe, he doesn't even have all that much skill in misc object user yet tho the sword is just decorated with light yellow diamond spikes
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5472 on: July 31, 2013, 06:31:15 pm »

pickaxe, he doesn't even have all that much skill in misc object user yet
tho the sword is just decorated with light yellow diamond spikes

Actually, the pick-axe uses the mining skill for combat, not misc-obj, which is why legendary miners are so bad-ass. Also, light diamonds are actually much more valuable than most gems, with a value mod of 30x, which makes the sword an awesome find.

Back on-topic: I've been trying to get adventurers to retire at a mountain-home so that I could get some half-decent migrants for a change, but it has been met with repeated failures. The M-H is only a day-and-a-half's travel away from the closest human town, but i keep running into bogeymen, giant wildlife, or bandits along the road.

Seriously, I've lost almost a dozen adventurers this way and the only way I can get any decent gear is by looting their corpses, which are strewn along the road to the mountain-home, since I've raided every easily available keep and dungeon.

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5473 on: August 01, 2013, 11:58:18 pm »

Found something odd just now, thought I'd share it. This is what happens when a world-gen fortress is designated as a dwarven capital.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

Henti

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5474 on: August 02, 2013, 12:05:03 pm »

I was playing a human necromantic lasher when a lord decided to send me off into the catacombs. So down he goes with his little army of followers and I start clearing them out. My companions die, no big deal and I keep trucking on. The humans were clearly growing more desperate as 6 of them ambush me as I climb up a staircase. One of them manages to strike me in the spine, causing me to lose both my weapons. I quickly start rolling around the room then down the stairs.

Now with no ability to stand or grasp I roll around the catacombs vacuuming up any items I can find and throwing them at people somehow, paralyzing them. I then proceed to roll into them until they die. I killed another 20 until, unfortunatly my badass roller came to an end when a lucky arrow hit him in the face.
Pages: 1 ... 363 364 [365] 366 367 ... 1104