Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094434 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5445 on: July 13, 2013, 01:28:36 am »

Oh the irony of a temple priest being a vampire. He worships that which cursed him to begin with.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5446 on: July 13, 2013, 12:47:38 pm »

And now due to having to kill a cave spider and a bronze colossus My guy has the highest stats and most skills that any adventurer I have ever had has ever had.

Now on a side note anyone know any good skin lotions or something? He now has wrinkled skin from unknown causes.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5447 on: July 13, 2013, 02:17:11 pm »

Now on a side note anyone know any good skin lotions or something? He now has wrinkled skin from unknown causes.

Do you know how old he is? As humans, kobolds, and dwarves age, their skin begins to wrinkle thanks to       

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:WRINKLY:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:YEARLY:0:100:60:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:0:0:0:1:25:50]

The code above is for dwarves, meaning that he's likely over 60.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5448 on: July 13, 2013, 09:13:59 pm »

Do you know how old he is? As humans, kobolds, and dwarves age, their skin begins to wrinkle thanks to       

Code: [Select]
[TISSUE_LAYER_APPEARANCE_MODIFIER:WRINKLY:0:0:0:0:0:0:0]
[APP_MOD_RATE:1:YEARLY:0:100:60:0:NO_END]
[APP_MOD_NOUN:skin:SINGULAR]
[APP_MOD_DESC_RANGE:0:0:0:1:25:50]

The code above is for dwarves, meaning that he's likely over 60.
He showed up in my fort so now I have someone capable of training people in 2 types of weaponry as well as archery and armor use at master levels as well as all forms of unarmed combat. Gotta love that bronze colossus that wouldn't go down but also couldn't hit me at all and that giant cave spider that kept hitting the steel helm and turned him from idiot to prodigy in armor use. He is 87 years old but this is the first time i noticed someone at that age get wrinkles.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5449 on: July 14, 2013, 02:25:42 pm »

He showed up in my fort so now I have someone capable of training people in 2 types of weaponry as well as archery and armor use at master levels as well as all forms of unarmed combat. Gotta love that bronze colossus that wouldn't go down but also couldn't hit me at all and that giant cave spider that kept hitting the steel helm and turned him from idiot to prodigy in armor use. He is 87 years old but this is the first time i noticed someone at that age get wrinkles.

87 isn't too bad, dwarves have [MAXAGE:150:170], so he's only middle aged. It's usually nice when an old adventurer shows up at your fort, assuming they haven't been retired because they were a mangled mess, like when the adventurer I dubbed "Captain Legless" showed up at my fort.

She lost both her legs and her left arm after a dragon tore them off. I just barely got a lucky stab at it's head with my *steel short sword*. I think she was responsible for slowing down everything in my fort, she refused to get a crutch and opted to crawl everywhere, forcing everyone to slow down to walk around her., and stalling combat demonstrations because she was always late to them. How does someone without legs hold a kicking demonstration anyways?

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5450 on: July 14, 2013, 07:42:51 pm »

87 isn't too bad, dwarves have [MAXAGE:150:170], so he's only middle aged. It's usually nice when an old adventurer shows up at your fort, assuming they haven't been retired because they were a mangled mess, like when the adventurer I dubbed "Captain Legless" showed up at my fort.

She lost both her legs and her left arm after a dragon tore them off. I just barely got a lucky stab at it's head with my *steel short sword*. I think she was responsible for slowing down everything in my fort, she refused to get a crutch and opted to crawl everywhere, forcing everyone to slow down to walk around her., and stalling combat demonstrations because she was always late to them. How does someone without legs hold a kicking demonstration anyways?
Ok so in that fortress he joined I got an 18 year old recruit that bashed a forgotten beast to death only a shield. The thing breathed fire and a year later I noticed he has wrinkled skin to. Can the Ichor of a fire breathing forgotten beast cause skin to wrinkle? Or is he just a long lost son of my adventurer.

Also my mayor migrated in missing an arm. She came with her doctor apparently because a manager had diagnosed it for her just before she came. And I work on the assumption that demonstrations aren't "real" demonstrations. More like coaching and assisting in proper forms and what not.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 07:49:19 pm by skyte100 »

Ilue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5451 on: July 14, 2013, 10:53:26 pm »

Just now I was wandering the wilderness, when I randomly came across a former zombie companion of mine. I had a horde of around 200, made from a village a few miles away, but I had to get rid of them to turn into a quest. And as soon as I saw him, I killed him so he wouldn't attack anyone and get me in trouble, and I instantly felt awful about it. I imagine him searching the Empire of Holiness tirelessly, the only one in the horde with enough will to do something besides amble about aimlessly after I was done with them, until he finally finds me. "The Daslut Otirabuth's corpse looks surprised by the ferocity of your onslaught!" ;_;

Oh, right, I can just revive him again. Woohoo!

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5452 on: July 15, 2013, 01:02:07 pm »

Got a quest to deal with a Marsh Titan miles from town so took some soldiers along to keep the bogeymen away.  And, of course, they got separated from me when we crossed a river.  Luckily my ambush ability was high enough that I was able to just stand there and punch the titan until it died.  But this meant that I was miles from town, alone.  It was still early morning so I began the trip back to town.  Got about half way when the sun set.  I continued the night run, getting closer to the fort that was my destination when I got interrupted by the message I am sure we all have gotten before, "You are surrounded by incessant cackling"

I continued to run, heading for the fort, evading the bogeymen, punching or kicking them if they got too close.  I tried to sneak several times, but their observation is so high that they easily spotted me.  Occasionally they got close enough to attack, even landing a few hits.  I was taking a few bruisers, but nothing serious, yet.  Then I got another message, the dawn was breaking.  I just had to hold out for a little longer.  The light slowly increased, the area steadily brightening.  Finally, poof, they turn to smoke and the cackling fades.  I made it back to the fort and reported my success.
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5453 on: July 15, 2013, 01:23:23 pm »

I'm kinda afraid to go in...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5454 on: July 15, 2013, 10:39:55 pm »

My two companions just ripped me apart (crossbowman and lasher), just for whacking a deer in the leg with a crossbow.

I'm trying to feed myself, dammit!

Anyone have any idea why? I thought they'd help me kill it. Must've been secret Elves or something. XD

I've also had many tasks with my compass leading me to empty fields. I'm fairly new, and so far only in one instance did the compass actually lead me to my target, a vampire, and said lasher whip-creamed his brain before I could take 2 steps.

(the mutiny occurred a minute or so afterwards.)

PatriotSaint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5455 on: July 16, 2013, 12:34:38 am »

Ah, of course, they must've been tame. Didn't bother to check, being the newb I am.  :p

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5456 on: July 16, 2013, 02:43:46 pm »

Stupid companions got lost yet again on the way to fight another Titan.  This one was made out of Bone Opal.  I could not kill it.  I managed to keep fracturing it, but it would not die.  Finally I searched around the shrine, found a bronze battle axe, and chopped its head off.

Also found another necromancer's tower on the way with a VERY heavy tablet that drops my speed by about 400 when I carry it.  Maybe I will just dump them in the ocean instead of looking for a volcano.
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

RedBlaze3000

• Escaped Lunatic
  • They're going to take me away to the funny farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5457 on: July 17, 2013, 10:36:54 pm »

Does anyone know why exactly toady put boogiemen in? Was it to troll us?

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5458 on: July 18, 2013, 12:00:24 am »

I do not know. but you can turn them off in advanced parameters.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5459 on: July 19, 2013, 09:37:59 am »

I've figured out a way to survive bogeymen. Have a decent shield using skill, and then equip about a dozen shields at once. You'll block almost every attack.

What's happening in my adventure: My adventurer found a modded-in Platinum blob. It's an indestructible (except by melting) blob made of platinum, and killed everything except dragons and itself in the Arena. Since I had lots of shields to survive bogeymen (and some decent skill), I blocked every hit. It also built my skill very fast, since it was like a mobile danger room. I got about 15k XP in shield using per step, and built skills like dodging and my weapon skill a bit more slowly. I finally got rid of it by leading it to a town, then running while it killed some townspeople.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 09:52:33 am by TheDarkStar »
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now
Pages: 1 ... 362 363 [364] 365 366 ... 1104