Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094308 times)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5385 on: June 24, 2013, 02:16:18 pm »

New age of adventurers.
#1. Killed in action.
#2. Killed in action.
#3. Drowned in the sea before doing anything....
#4. Killed in action.
#5. Is a bad ass. He just ripped out a wolfs tongue with his teeth....

Update on number 5. He has been dishonored by dingoes. They got his whiskers...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 02:37:14 pm by skyte100 »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #5386 on: June 24, 2013, 09:21:20 pm »

NOT THE WHISKERS! OWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: June 24, 2013, 09:30:37 pm »

#6 Killed his own god.

besterich27

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: June 25, 2013, 11:47:41 am »

You know, just the usual stuff, stabbing a giant in the foot to make him fall down to stab him in the head.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2013, 05:07:47 pm by besterich27 »
Modding in dwarf fortress... so simple, yet so awesome... "Bronze Colossus struck down by Farting Ant".

Deepblade

• Bay Watcher
  • Tholtarmid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: June 25, 2013, 02:51:26 pm »

I had built a thriving fortress at the site of a volcano, only problem is I failed to notice there was a necro tower to the east a ways. 3  years passed and a 200 strong undead siege wiped me out. So, my adventurer unretired and set out for revenge. With pick on hand and 2 pieces of meat following me I arrived at the tower.
The 2 pieces of meat died quickly, but through perseverance, luck, and just plain running away like a elf I managed to kill every last undead scum and their necromancer masters.
As a final piece of revenge I took all the books the bastards had me with me and threw them into the volcano where my old fortress was at. The earth quaked and the sky cracked as the 1st slab on necromancy melted away, tainting the worlds molten blood. And, as quickly as the world came to be, it died(I deleted it).

The undead are pretty easy if you don't get overwhelmed. Sneaking also super helps.
Deepblade's Standardized Creature Parts, for when you're pissed about all the different types of animal products there are.

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: June 26, 2013, 03:59:37 am »

Giant Crab took my foot off, so now I'm just following it throwing my foot at it
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: June 26, 2013, 02:09:17 pm »

Giant Crab took my foot off, so now I'm just following it throwing my foot at it
That is an awesome mental image.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: June 26, 2013, 02:11:51 pm »

A giant crab once tore off one of my adventurer's legs, too. Giant crabs are not your friends. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: June 26, 2013, 05:03:09 pm »

A giant crab once tore off one of my adventurer's legs, too. Giant crabs are not your friends. :P
Would you possibly even go so far as to call them enemies?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Insanity X

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: June 26, 2013, 05:14:30 pm »

I call them target practice
And the lord said unto John, "Come forth, and receive eternal life." but, John came fifth and received a toaster
Urist McMason, Mason cancels Build Important Wall: Making rock mugs.
It was inevitable.
My succession world turn.

mr.cowskull

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
first kobold kill.
« Reply #5395 on: June 26, 2013, 05:19:11 pm »

killed my first kobold. damn proud of m'self. im also outnumbered 5 to 1 and they killed all my followers. let's see how i handle this situation.
please. no stabbing.

Mentalpatient87

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: June 26, 2013, 08:28:41 pm »

After some macro abuse, a raided fortress or three, and a save scum that I haven't quite needed yet, I've got a decently skilled, well equipped human adventurer. Full metal armor, high master armor and shield user, expert thrower and fighter. It's going well.

I've escaped bogeyman attacks three times now. The first wave I killed while trying to flee. The next two I escaped via housing. I received a "mortal wound" when one of the bogeys bruised my lung, but I seem to have slept it off. I might be ready to take on my first quest (a simple leopard) Wish me luck!
Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow dwarf is either a fool or a coward. Whoever can not take care of themself without that law is both. For a wounded dwarf shall say to his assailant, "If I live, I will kill you. If I die, you are forgiven." Such is the rule of honor.

Dastot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: June 26, 2013, 08:34:17 pm »

I registered to rage at what just happened: my first adventurer to actually get somewhere, a dwarf necromancer vampire who was nearly spearmaster, got encased in ice as I was swimming through a river. I'd been trying to find somewhere I could swim back up when bam, ice cubed! X_X all my zombies got frozen too, three alligators and a weasel (?). One day a fisherdwarf will find that river and be very confused lol

Gallahan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: June 26, 2013, 11:21:33 pm »

First post on this forum!

Anyway, I got a quest to kill a night creature. No problem! When I got to the lair, the monster monster me before I even got to the door.  I thought it was a bit strange, but didn't think anything of it... Until I pressed enter and another one greeted me. And then another - that peasant played a deadly prank on me!

Sad to say, but I save scummed a lot since I kept on dying; a large number of them kept defying me no matter how many I killed and I didn't even make it to the door yet!

Tired of this travesty, I cheated a bit and found the problem...
http://i.imgur.com/EsmvsLf.jpg

Oh jeez. I tried to take them out again before I pressed "post" and I did not notice the other three on the roof.

EDIT: I ran off to a different lair. This land is INFESTED in shadow freaks. Granted this new lair only had ~6 of them in it, but still.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 11:25:02 pm by Gallahan »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: June 27, 2013, 12:17:08 am »

That's a hell of a lot of night trolls. I've only rarely seen numbers in the low teens, but it appears you have at least 25.

You should totally get famous, round up a large gang of soldiers and assault the lair en-mass! :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 1104