Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 357 358 [359] 360 361 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094256 times)

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5370 on: June 21, 2013, 12:45:34 am »

A Bear Ripped my foot off. So I killed it and made a crutch with its bones (Genesis Mod)
Then I picked up my foot and left.

I plan to use it a throwing weapon.

Edit: Shortly after that my swordsman got its foot torn off by a bear. Now i have two severed feet in my backpack.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2013, 12:50:10 am by Spleenling »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5371 on: June 21, 2013, 01:11:14 am »

A Bear Ripped my foot off. So I killed it and made a crutch with its bones (Genesis Mod)
Then I picked up my foot and left.

I plan to use it a throwing weapon.

Edit: Shortly after that my swordsman got its foot torn off by a bear. Now i have two severed feet in my backpack.
A few bits more and you can make your very own Frankenstein's monster.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5372 on: June 21, 2013, 01:38:28 am »

Now I'm minecart riding adventurer wileding a copper pick and a bronze whip.

Oh, nice. A bronze colossus!

After six lashes the colossus fall over. I proceeded to beat it for whole night. Every single body part was red. I decided to level up some wrestling, too, and set my combat preference to close combat. After I had got legendary wrestler skill, I decided to drop my weapons and shield and get some dodging and puching/kicking experience. I continued like this. Every single poby part of the colossus was red.

Then it got a lucky hit and teared my brain.

Hell, why is the world so cruel.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5373 on: June 21, 2013, 08:27:49 am »

I was walking on an iceberg, when I noticed a gap. ALT+arrow, move/below

I was *FLYING* for at least 4-5 seconds. 100-200 Z-levels, at least.
I hit the water, lost a hand and a leg, then drowned.

YASD
Dabbling Overseer

MrSparky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5374 on: June 21, 2013, 08:31:24 am »

YASD
Look before you leap!

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #5375 on: June 21, 2013, 09:42:01 am »

YASD
Look before you leap!

Where's the fun in that?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #5376 on: June 21, 2013, 12:43:16 pm »

After six lashes the colossus fall over. I proceeded to beat it for whole night. Every single body part was red. I decided to level up some wrestling, too, and set my combat preference to close combat. After I had got legendary wrestler skill, I decided to drop my weapons and shield and get some dodging and puching/kicking experience. I continued like this. Every single poby part of the colossus was red.

Big = Bad training partner. But at least you died with dignity. I lost one of my guys to a moose in this manner.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5377 on: June 21, 2013, 03:02:06 pm »

A nightcreature family just killed my adventurer in a single turn. And I was wearing iron armor too.  >:(
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5378 on: June 21, 2013, 09:11:29 pm »

Big = Bad training partner. But at least you died with dignity. I lost one of my guys to a moose in this manner.

How can you die with dignity when you're *touching* a colossus all night?
Dabbling Overseer

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5379 on: June 21, 2013, 10:47:24 pm »

YASD

Never, ever, allow yourself to feel secure on a glacier/freezing ocean. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

coldmonkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5380 on: June 22, 2013, 05:17:32 am »

My Legendary +6 Axe Lord found a masterfully crafted Iron Greataxe in a tomb. Set sail for slaughter.
I found a human city named Sleevevirgins. It was easily the biggest city in the world, so clearly I wasn't the first person to come inside the city's walls.

Dirac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5381 on: June 23, 2013, 01:13:56 am »

It was my first adventure: a human peasant embarking on a quest for greatness in a hostile, fledgeling world.  Having only existed for five years, the landscape was rife with massive beasts and budding civilizations.  I sought a place in history, a tale that would be told for centuries to come, a legend that fathers would tell to their children in dire times to impart hope, to show that even those who came from the humblest beginnings could overcome all adversities, triumph in the face of all dangers, and achieve a level of strength to rival Armok himself.

Having trained well in the art of the sword and shield, I started my journey in the small hamlet I called home.  Against the will of my friends and family, I set out immediately into the wilderness to carve my name into history.  After traveling for roughly two minutes, I spotted a reindeer in the distance.  Knowing it would be some time before I would reach another settlement, I decided to slay the creature for food.  I drew my bronze scimitar, crouched low to the ground and approached the beast quietly.  When the distance was closed, I swung at its lower body, the blade singing as it cut through the air, and I relished the thought of my first kill.

The reindeer, however, dodged my attack, a cavy boar appeared out of nowhere behind me and bit a chunk out of my leg, and I fell to the ground.  The reindeer then curbstomped my skull and I died.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 01:26:09 am by Dirac »

AoshimaMichio

• Bay Watcher
  • Space Accountant
    • View Profile
« Reply #5382 on: June 23, 2013, 10:39:51 am »

Once there was a time when humans hailed me as a hero, a living legend walking amongst mere mortals. They asked for my help, and so I did. And I was good at what I did, hacking and slashing troublemakers away.

One day, the lady of The Good Empire asked me to kill a vampire that has been killing her people; Pavi Unrelief, the olm man. He was rumoured to live in the sewers of the capital city. So I went there and searched and searched and kept searching, but could not find him. Duging my search I dispatched many other criminals and night creatures to halls of Armok. Finally I had to go and ask help from legendary clairvoyant, Stonesense. He revealed location of this troublesome beastman and the reason why I couldn't find him. He had made his nest so deep into severs, that no living man could reach it without drowning.

This was wery troubling revelation to me. As loyal servant of my empire, I had to complete this task in a way or another. Finally I made my decision. I had to relinguish my mortality and become a vampire myself so I could kill another one. I swore myself and to armok that I would feed only from enemies of The Good Empire. So I began hunting vampires. I found them and I killed them and drank their blood but I did not become one. After weeks I had to admit it, I could not become one. I was immune to the curses of gods... I suspect it might be due my divine heritage.

But I did not gave up since vampires are not only type of foul undeads. I set on another journey to find solution. During my journey I fought against goblin warbands, learned secrets of life and death  and overcome many needs of flesh but not need of air. Until I stumbled over my solution completely by accident. At midnight I was suddenly surrounded by infernal murk. I quickly ran out of it couching as it burned my lungs. And suddenly pain in my lungs was gone! I could not feel pain anymore and more importantly, I did not need to breath anymore!

I returned to the capital of The Good Empire, Fistplans, at night and proceeded to complete my task. As the vampire Pavi Unrelief finally fell on my axe I was overjoyed! My most challenging task ever was done! No doubt no evil could stand against The Good Empire anymore!

First rays of sun were peeking over eastern horizon when I emerged from sewers. I headed to marketplace where merchants were setting up their wares.
"Hey people!" I shouted grinning myself.
"Pavi Unrelief is finally dead!" I continued and waited for their praising words.
Those words never came. Instead I heard screaming. Horrified screaming. People started to run, half of them ran away from me and other half towards me with raised weapons. I was confused. This was very unusual reaction. As I effortlessly dodged and blocked their unskilled attacks it dawned to me: betrayal! These people who I protected, who begged my help, who praised me, they had betrayed me!

Bitter taste raised into my throat as I raised my axe. With precision and skill I had killed enemies of The Good Empire I beheaded its people. And reanimated them. Again and again until there was only undead I had rised remaining. But my rage was not over. Killing them once was not enough! I tore the zombies apart, crushed them under my iron heels and raised them again and again and again until I no longer could rise them. The marketplace where children used to play hide and seek laughing, where people bargained for best prices and where coins were always singing, was now silent. And it was transformed into butcherhouse. Red with blood, filled with body parts, guts and other pieces of human organs.

"What I'm doing?" I asked myself. "What I do from now on?".
My goal was always been to help people and do anything that could be help for my empire. But the people no longer wanted my help and the empire itself was now my enemy. I sat down and thought about it for while. After a while I decided do to one last service for the empire I loved: I left. I left the empire and its people for good.

I traveled to north for weeks until I come across a tower. Necromancers! While people may not want my help I still might be able to be help for them. I bashed the door open, raised my axe and waited for their attack. It never came. Instead I heard voice of a serpent woman: "It iss good to finally meet you! I am Bewa Opigole. Welcome to our humble tower. We have been waiting you."
I was quite stunned. First time since becoming undead I had met someone who did not attack me nor feared me.
"Excuse me? You have been waiting for me?"
"Yess. We were told of that you would come here." Bewa said.
"You were abandonded by your people, weren't you? The people you loved betrayed you because of your new nature and you lost your purpose." It was a dwarf coming down stairs. "I'm Zon Kolakil."
"How do you know so much of me? Who did-"
"Your mother", another dwarf interrupted me. "It was your revered mother, Acmot Fieldwaste, goddess of death, rebirth, rain and thunder who told us about you." The dwarf introduced himself as Solon Morulrigoth, the second founder of this tower. I knew that my mother was a god, but father never told me who, so this new piece of information left me wordless.
"We learned our art from your mother so we are in debt for her. And by helping you we can pay a small part of this debt." He continued.
"Yess. However there iss one thing we and your mother want you to do. Wetpitss the Idle Hollowssss issss nearly day'ss travel to the northeassst. Sseek thissss place and kill Tal Lenssperplecxed the human. Once he profaned your mothersss temple ssso he wasss cursssed with body twisssted beyond reckoning. Now he asssumesss a beasssstly form to terrorize usss." Bewa said. "Do thisss sssmall ssservice to usss, and thisss tower will alwaysss be your home."
I didn't need think for long. These people were apprentices of my mother and they needed help. I lifted my axe on my shoulder and smiled first time for weeks. "Sure thing. Tal is good as dead." I said.

My name is Asmur Cilkooma, and this is my story.

This story is based on real events and all mentioned connections do exist.
I told you to test with colors! But nooo, you just had to go clone mega-Satan or whatever.
Old sigs.
Games.

skyte100

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Ichor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5383 on: June 23, 2013, 08:44:15 pm »

The world was young. Only 4 years old when its first hero emerges. TulonRurastathel Lirukalil Kivish, Or "Tulon Guiserings the Violent Glee of Lancers" as the humans called him, was a Dwarven Demigod from the Dwarven kingdom "The Gloves of Luster".

His travels began with nothing more than his silk clothing and his trust Steel Battleaxe in the small holdings of the Human kingdom "The Confederacies of Stroking. He quickly drew recognition for cleansing the area of the Goblin warband "The Hellish Rages" and the Kobold thief tribe "Thrilikistolgis".

After slaying the minotaur Anu and the giantess Anova his former enemies in the "The Leafy Tick", whos w,arband he had demolished came to respect him.

After felling all the evils of the land, he journeyed across the see after learning how to swim in the great rivers. On his way there he slew the night creature Zesmstum and the foolish Kobold groups "Shikilikodus" and "Bidifikeelbis" eventually arriving in "The Beige Kingdoms" where some say he slew no less than 3 Ettin single handedly.

In this new land he slew an entire family of night creatures in their dark home before freeing them of the tyrannical giantess "Irol". It was in this land he settled for a time and allowed human historians to record his deeds but the call of the wilds was too strong for him and he soon returned to hunting the vile beings of the world.

With nothing left for him in "The Beige Kingdoms", the young hero crossed the seas once again and came across a small human village who's center of government seems to rest on the shoulders of its temple. This poor village was plagued by giants, ettins, and minotaurs. None of these monsters could stand against Tulon's might.

Soon after Tulon heard some troubling news from the locals. A fearsome dragon known as "Palath the Fiery Gold" had made its lair dangerously close to his Mountainhalls. He could not sit idly while a dragon laid waste to his people so he left the human lands for the final time.

Despite all odds, he slew the dragon. He had brought peace to what some historians claim to be a 5th of the world. Not knowing what else to do with himself he made for his peoples capital, the Mountainhalls known by humans as "Shootfist".

Here he trained soldiers in the ways of war for a year and a half. Then one day he heard of the kingdoms first outpost up in Crimson Inks settled by The Mortal Armors. He immediately left after only a year and a half in "Shootfist".

Arriving in his new home in the year 6, he was immediately put in charge of raising a militia and after only one season his old enemies "The Leafy Ticks" sent an ambush to this young fortress. Three good dwarves died that day and one never recovered from her injuries, their names recorded and honored and their bodies put to stone. This was the first time Tulon had a comrade fall in battle and he slew 6 goblins on his own before the surviving members of his squad regrouped and joined him in fighting off the remaining forces.

After the gruesome battle he took to raising black bears to accompany him in battle and only allowed those with experience join him in battle, vowing to never let such a travesty happen again.

With Tulon keeping a watchful eye over them, The Mortal Armors home stands strong to this day despite having only 5 Dwarves guarding its gates.

Despite all of his accomplishments, he is a controversial figure. Even though he rid of world of 85 monsters, bandits, and evils according to estimates, he is also blamed for the extinction of Dingoes in several regions of the world.

Excerpts from "Tulon Rurastathel Lirukalil Kivish" a Biography
« Last Edit: June 23, 2013, 08:45:58 pm by skyte100 »

Spleenling

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5384 on: June 24, 2013, 12:37:18 am »

1. Start New Adventurer
2. Go to Bandit camp
3. Kill everything in site
4. Find a full set of armor
5. ???