Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094218 times)

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5325 on: May 19, 2013, 07:13:14 pm »

thank you! *hugs* :D

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5326 on: May 19, 2013, 08:47:01 pm »

Well, ok. I did just update the draconic beasts and Evil Gameplay files, in case you're interested. Let me know if something doesn't work out-of-the-box? :D
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5327 on: May 19, 2013, 10:57:21 pm »

I amy go look. I am easily distracted, so many it will take some time X3

Coolbay1

• Bay Watcher
  • [LURKER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5328 on: May 20, 2013, 10:40:15 pm »

On my way to a lair for my first quest as a dwarf-hammerman I was ambushed by a pack of wolves, which died from mysterious bone breaking (otherwise known as "Hammer to the face Repeatdly" Syndrome), I was attacked by minotaurs after making sharp rocks, which I managed to injure both of them with, however I got to close to a brute and it broke my left shoulder bone. after that i went west uphill to my objective  only to be mobbed by 7 minotaurs.By the time my dwarf died, with all of his limbs broken, there were only 3 remaining minotaurs, each with one broken limb.The dwarf-hammerman spilled much blood in the name of Armok that day.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5329 on: May 24, 2013, 05:48:19 pm »

I'm currently killing turkeys with a shield so I can skin them, take them to the Suicidal Sea (exactly what it sounds like), and practice dodging and blocking with them.

99Hedgehog

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:USE_TILESET: UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5330 on: May 25, 2013, 07:49:01 pm »

Using my invincible race, I killed 78 Kobolds in one cave and two lions.

With a copper spear and a +bronze shield+
[under a terrifying biome]
"Can you describe what the surface is like?"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8ZqFlw6hYg

Urist Da Vinci

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL: ENGINEER:4]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5331 on: May 25, 2013, 08:14:30 pm »

Exploring a fort that I abandoned, I am finding random body parts of dwarves that were still living when I abandoned, coated in forgotten beast extract. There are also forgotten beast webs in the rooms. Problem is, the caverns were walled off when I abandoned. I can feel my adventurer's fear and horror.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5332 on: May 25, 2013, 08:20:16 pm »

Yeah, that tends to happen. When you abandon and come back later the game decides where to place residents, both dwarves and beasts, based on where in the fortress they could reach from the surface. So instead of being locked out in the caverns, they get locked in the fortress with no access to the caverns. This also means they and your dwarves will be sharing a much more confined space. :P
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5333 on: May 25, 2013, 10:33:02 pm »

That sounds like a good sitcom, living with a forgotten beast.

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5334 on: May 26, 2013, 05:50:39 pm »

That sounds like a good sitcom, living with a forgotten beast.

Featuring Dav Bilegulched the Horrors of Loving and Urist McNotanactor as food.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #5335 on: May 28, 2013, 10:16:36 pm »

"You cannot sneak, because somebody can see you." I'm new. This is the most exciting thing that has happened with this adventurer.

Azorian

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure is no option,it comes bundled with Windows
    • View Profile
« Reply #5336 on: May 29, 2013, 03:49:06 pm »

Recently, In my adventures (I just started playing Adv Mode again) I was ambushed by a party of humans. This being my first real fight, I decided I'd take it easy and go out the easy way. I went straight for the bowman and disarmed him rather quickly, which was surprising. I quickly strangled him, made him pass out, and moved on to shooting the Human Master Hammerman with my new-found bow.

After firing all my shots and chipping a few bones, I soon got in a tussle with the hammerman and also quickly dispatched him by lopping off his head.

The third vagabond, supposedly a hammerman as well, was off to my right a bit. I decided I would train on *him. After strangling *him, I got ready to train up my wrestling skill. Locking all *his joints and breaking his arms, legs, fingers, and toes. I then thought it would be funny to remove *him of *his clothes and throw it at *him. Now completely naked, I still grabbed various parts, pinched *his tongue off, gouged *his eyes out and any sort of trouble I could cause without completely killing *him.

Soon after, *he regained consciousness and pitifully tried to crawl away. This is about the time I decided to Look at the Hammerman and see *his wounds and description. Upon reading the description, I read various things such as "Her [part] is missing/broke-" Wait, what? This hammerman is a... WOMAN?!

Turns out, I had spent the past 15 minutes removing the clothes of a woman, strangling her, breaking her bones, removing various body parts, and overall defiling her. I immediately felt remorse for doing these things to her and quickly stabbed her in the head with my copper dagger and killed her.

I think I just committed a brutal murder/rape.. and I'm a Dwarf. Imagine how that looked...

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5337 on: May 29, 2013, 08:52:13 pm »

After having my ass kicked several times while assaulting one bandit gang in the dungeons under a town, I returned with 6 companions, 5 of whom are brutemen of various sorts, and charged into their stronghold once again, throwing iron bolts into the crowd of bandits below me. The fight on the catwalks was long and many of us wound up on the floor below, but in the end all of the master's cronies were killed, and soon she too was to join them, only after being mobbed by the lot of us. It was a slow and painful death, though. All of my companions survived, although my two oldest ones both lost a foot in the fight. I made some crutches via reaction and gave them to them via body-swapping, and now the party is once again ready to brave the evils of the world.

Next target is yet another bandit leader in the catacombs of the temple nearby.
I make Spellcrafts!

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #5338 on: May 30, 2013, 01:08:30 am »

Turns out, I had spent the past 15 minutes removing the clothes of a woman, strangling her, breaking her bones, removing various body parts, and overall defiling her. I immediately felt remorse for doing these things to her and quickly stabbed her in the head with my copper dagger and killed her.

I think I just committed a brutal murder/rape.. and I'm a Dwarf. Imagine how that looked...

It didn't occur to you that you would have been doing the same thing if it'd been a male hammer man?
It's not like gender is really important in DF. The only difference between a male and a female dwarf is which one is stuck with the baby.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5339 on: May 30, 2013, 07:42:11 am »

It didn't occur to you that you would have been doing the same thing if it'd been a male hammer man?
It's not like gender is really important in DF. The only difference between a male and a female dwarf is which one is stuck with the baby.
in come cases that ends up being The goblin.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes
Pages: 1 ... 354 355 [356] 357 358 ... 1104