Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094088 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5265 on: April 11, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »

having alot of fun trying to clear out a dungeon full of bandits in a evil region. Apparently the dwarven civ for this region also buried some of their dead inside, so about a quarter of the bandits were already dead (or shall i say, undead) when they had run ins with the various undead corpses that roamed inside. I decided to become a vampire/necromancer after a few runs of this since it was extreme fun and almost impossible to fight your way inside and then fight your way out, without sustaining give-into-pain injuries while trying to not get surrounded in the narrow corridors. So i ended up just running away and luring the undead out of the dungeons and into the town, which went very well for me since it got rid of my entire train of undead...at the cost of the dwarven civ's capital. (not my fault though, i mean what kind of dwarves builds a town in a evil region?)

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5266 on: April 11, 2013, 05:56:44 pm »

Swimming across an ocean to get my cotton-candy ass over to the main continent to fight some Titans and Megabeasts. World set to 5 years old, Very High savagery, Very High megabeast population, low civilization. I plan on wrestling every one of them to death with my cyan blue hands. I mugged a human miner for his bronze pickaxe so I could tell tiny, actually described as "enormous", wolves and hyenas to piss off faster.

I hope boats are implemented soon, swimming takes forever.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #5267 on: April 11, 2013, 10:46:29 pm »

Right now I'm running around as Cobar doing high-end quests, and as soon as I get my Lair-crashing problem fixed I'm going to try and turn one of my companions into a werebeast. I plan on finding some way to get her to attack the Demon-god ruler of another civilization, possibly by having her turn in the castle with the armadillo devil.

I've got a miniature army. We're clearing dungeons and bandit camps. So far my Burly Axeman has lost his foot and my poorly equipped Hero of Time has been mutilated to death (he was so young).

The companion I plan on turning into a werebeast is Dema, the most badass woman to ever exist in gaming. She can barely walk with a crutch, and since she only has one hand she's forced to crawl around with a copper shield. She's also the first companion I ever recruited, so the fact that she's survived all these months should tell you something.

...I just entered one of those exposed temple basements that's ringed by narrow walkways leading to the bottom floor. We were two z-levels from the bottom when a crazy human axeman charged us, and wouldn't you know, he slammed right into Dema. They tumbled over the edge and into the darkness together. By the time I got downstairs she'd beaten what was left of him into a coma with her shield. I'm pretty sure he was still quivering when she stopped his heart with one final punch to the chest.

That's when it finally said "The Badass Murderlady is no longer stunned."

She had no new injuries. Or if she did, I wasn't able to find them in the mess of paragraphs describing all her battle scars.

o_________o
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5268 on: April 11, 2013, 11:00:13 pm »

I've seen you before and I've read that signature months ago. I can't believe she's still alive. Jesus, man; WHERE did you find her?
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5269 on: April 11, 2013, 11:15:42 pm »

I'd just killed my first vampire and I thought "Hey, I ought to get some companions and fight bandits." So I walked into what I assumed was an inn on top of a hill in the middle of a village called Scorchedcourage. She and her husband Ano were both in there with maces and shields. They were old as hell, but their physical descriptions struck me as "fit, spry, and capable of cracking skulls" so I hired them on the spot.

Funny story, Ano was lying between a Seamstress's legs. I also recruited him immediately before I recruited Dema because he was closer to the door, and only found out an hour later that they were married. Ano's head is the head Cobar is throwing in my signature. Ever since his death, Dema went from "that deadweight granny who lost her weapon hand in our first fight together," to "that insane warrior queen who uses her grief, pain, and rage as fuel for murderkillslaying."

I checked to make sure she's not a night creature. She's not.

I once watched her beat a Goblin Master Lasher to death with her larch crutch. And another time she pulled an eel out of a river just to strangle it to death. My theory is that if she doesn't kill at least one thing a week she'll lose her powers.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

dorfer

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5270 on: April 12, 2013, 01:00:28 am »

a elephant that i wanted to kill kicked me to death

also where is my health bar?

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5271 on: April 12, 2013, 01:06:28 am »

If you run out of blood or have your brain damaged, you die. Otherwise your injuries are just temporary setbacks. Unless they're permanent, in which case either they get you killed, or you work around them, or you retire and make a new character. No health bars here.
- -- -
I draw things

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5272 on: April 12, 2013, 03:20:35 am »

Hello everyone!

I am currently playing my first successful peasant adventurer, and I figured I could try to enliven her most recent and most impressive deed. So this is a bit of lengthy text.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yours,
Deathworks

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5273 on: April 12, 2013, 07:45:58 pm »

Recently became a necro, fought and killed a horse with my bare hands(probably more dangerous than fighting a dragon), skinned it, and now I'm walking around with a resurrected horse skin following me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5274 on: April 12, 2013, 09:37:01 pm »

I'd just killed my first vampire and I thought "Hey, I ought to get some companions and fight bandits." So I walked into what I assumed was an inn on top of a hill in the middle of a village called Scorchedcourage. She and her husband Ano were both in there with maces and shields. They were old as hell, but their physical descriptions struck me as "fit, spry, and capable of cracking skulls" so I hired them on the spot.

Funny story, Ano was lying between a Seamstress's legs. I also recruited him immediately before I recruited Dema because he was closer to the door, and only found out an hour later that they were married. Ano's head is the head Cobar is throwing in my signature. Ever since his death, Dema went from "that deadweight granny who lost her weapon hand in our first fight together," to "that insane warrior queen who uses her grief, pain, and rage as fuel for murderkillslaying."

I checked to make sure she's not a night creature. She's not.

I once watched her beat a Goblin Master Lasher to death with her larch crutch. And another time she pulled an eel out of a river just to strangle it to death. My theory is that if she doesn't kill at least one thing a week she'll lose her powers.

That's fantastic and hilarious.  I can't, however, see the picture, just the quote.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5275 on: April 12, 2013, 09:42:16 pm »

I think the criminal mastermind I'm looking for has hidden himself on the roof of a temple, the cunning bastard. Fun times.

That's fantastic and hilarious.  I can't, however, see the picture, just the quote.

Well in that case, here's the full comic:

http://th03.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2012/152/6/b/dwarf_fortress_adventures__cobar_timtaersi_by_majorfreddy-d51uwc6.jpg
- -- -
I draw things

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5276 on: April 12, 2013, 09:44:10 pm »

Lord that's amazing. Any tips on how to traverse an ocean faster? My speed's fine but my FPS eats shit constantly, something about being in the middle of the ocean makes it spazz out like a roller-coaster.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
« Reply #5277 on: April 12, 2013, 09:50:37 pm »

My FPS is terrible all the time. I don't think I'd be able to handle swimming an ocean.

That and I don't know any useful shit about computers. If everything is running a bit slow I just save my progress, close it all, and restart the whole machine. :/
- -- -
I draw things

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5278 on: April 12, 2013, 10:14:26 pm »

Try turning off things like Steam and Skype if you aren't expecting to use it while you play.

EDIT: So I finally crossed the Ocean and found some dingoes. This happened

I'm not in a "horror" or "terrifying" plane and as far as I know, it's not a mutant or anything. Maybe I screwed something up in the RAWS but what the FUCK is an "eye tooth"?

So I just checked and either these dingoes are mutants or I somehow permanently screwed up the RAWs when I tried to give a Bronze Colossus teeth.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2013, 10:39:28 pm by Shalderave »

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5279 on: April 12, 2013, 10:45:47 pm »

Try turning off things like Steam and Skype if you aren't expecting to use it while you play.

EDIT: So I finally crossed the Ocean and found some dingoes. This happened

I'm not in a "horror" or "terrifying" plane and as far as I know, it's not a mutant or anything. Maybe I screwed something up in the RAWS but what the FUCK is an "eye tooth"?

So I just checked and either these dingoes are mutants or I somehow permanently screwed up the RAWs when I tried to give a Bronze Colossus teeth.

"Eye teeth" are a real thing.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Eye+teeth
Pages: 1 ... 350 351 [352] 353 354 ... 1104