Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094008 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5235 on: March 30, 2013, 09:23:24 pm »

well I just learn that you could build loads of stuff in the sky which leads to the idea of being a flyer with building means you could build a sky fort.
though to get their I kinda need to solve the issue of support for other buildings, also to see if building on a bridge would be safe.
fake edit: okay so you can sculpt Ice pillars on top of a dirt paved road that's in the air not touching the ground.

I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Dredonius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5236 on: March 31, 2013, 02:07:24 am »

Recently I reenacted a scene from The Dark Tower when my adventurer was waiting out his wounds on a beach. Every day he would fight crabs for their meat, and kill land-sharks. Eventually I got my head bitten off. But it was fun while it lasted.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5237 on: March 31, 2013, 05:47:31 am »

Dad a chik! Did a chee!
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5238 on: March 31, 2013, 11:11:09 am »

Made a demigod adventurer with the plan of immediately retiring them in the nearest friendly city.  I wanted them to show up in the fort I was planning on making.

I grab a few mooks from the nearby fort for the trip and head out.

And not 2 map tiles outside the fort we're ambushed by kobolds.  And we destroy them.  But there is one left.  I finally see it, dive behind a tree and stealth.  It's a marksbold.  Just a few turns later my mooks have both been headshot.  But I foolishly feel that I'm close enough to get the jump on it, break stealth and attack.

It's an epic battle where my guy bats arrows out of the air like a badass.  I cripple it's legs and one arm, and stab my two handed sword through his chest.  Victoly!

And then he shoots me with an arrow while bleeding out that hits me in the throat...
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5239 on: March 31, 2013, 03:48:50 pm »

Ouch. That was unlucky. Sorry for your- Oh who am I kidding, that bowbold deserved that.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5240 on: March 31, 2013, 04:58:12 pm »

Finally, a successful adventurer!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is like 30% of the list

Zuglar Knifeslapped, the Faithful Innocence of Insights, killer of hill titan, monstrous spider, chimaera, goblin commander, destroyer of merfolk and serpentfolk fortresses, fallen and revenant slayer.

Legendary swordsman, armor user, shield user, fighter and wrestler.

Right now on his last quest to avenge death of Dherim Sultan and former best adventurer of world called Kar Dakon - Kar Icetalon, the Velvety Paints of Trailing. My first successful adventurer, died to an lower arm called Singwonders. Zuglar killed everything in the tomb and tried to burn Kar's body, but nothing happened. In the name of !!science!! Zuglar sat in the fire and burnt his own body, so now he has no fat at all - except right foot, this shits fireproof.
Dabbling Overseer

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5241 on: April 01, 2013, 01:48:39 am »

My best adventurer with 54 kills died in one of those damn shrines. He had legendary in fighter but I should have trained his ambusher and dodger up.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5242 on: April 01, 2013, 02:52:12 am »

A legendary hero, respect.

My current char is an lunatic of an macelord vampire. A little girl, small for even human standards and an thin frame.
Still she keeps kicking. So far as of now she has 1955 kills. All various humans dwarfes gobilins and whatever crosses her path.
She regularily 'Cleans out' whole towns. Even killed some nobles.

I wonder what kind of impact that's going to have on that world. :P

A.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 02:54:42 am by Astrid »

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5243 on: April 01, 2013, 02:53:56 am »

//moronic doublepost.
Can be deleted, geez O.o

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5244 on: April 01, 2013, 03:22:48 am »

Death of Dherim Sultan was kinda avenged, went to the sewers underneath his castle and killed everything that moved (including goblin overlord) but Ali Matchgut, the killer, wasn't there - I received a quest to find Ali in a leatherwork shop to the north, but he's not there... probably gone, and I'll never be able to avenge Jide Hidepika, the Sultan. Shame, I really liked the guy, Kar Icetalon received most of the quest from that turban-wearing nigga

Edit: I finally found Matchgut. He was laying along with three other outlaws in a house a little secluded from the markets and the temple. All three were struck down by the Mong Pundik Dherim Guard - a Maceman, in fact. Shit.

EDIT: Does anybody know why my speed reduced from 1700 to 1290? Permamently. It's not about weight I'm carrying, I dropped everything and the speed is fixed. I'm heavily armored as well, but I'm legendary and dropped armor too. Only wounds I've got is whole body's fat and massive scars on upper and lower body
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 03:43:47 am by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #5245 on: April 01, 2013, 04:51:29 am »

Finally, a successful adventurer!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This is like 30% of the list

Zuglar Knifeslapped, the Faithful Innocence of Insights, killer of hill titan, monstrous spider, chimaera, goblin commander, destroyer of merfolk and serpentfolk fortresses, fallen and revenant slayer.

Legendary swordsman, armor user, shield user, fighter and wrestler.

Right now on his last quest to avenge death of Dherim Sultan and former best adventurer of world called Kar Dakon - Kar Icetalon, the Velvety Paints of Trailing. My first successful adventurer, died to an lower arm called Singwonders. Zuglar killed everything in the tomb and tried to burn Kar's body, but nothing happened. In the name of !!science!! Zuglar sat in the fire and burnt his own body, so now he has no fat at all - except right foot, this shits fireproof.
Which version are you using? I've made all body materials much less fire resistant than in vanilla, so you should get damaged not only in fat layers when you are ablaze :).

Death of Dherim Sultan was kinda avenged, went to the sewers underneath his castle and killed everything that moved (including goblin overlord) but Ali Matchgut, the killer, wasn't there - I received a quest to find Ali in a leatherwork shop to the north, but he's not there... probably gone, and I'll never be able to avenge Jide Hidepika, the Sultan. Shame, I really liked the guy, Kar Icetalon received most of the quest from that turban-wearing nigga

Edit: I finally found Matchgut. He was laying along with three other outlaws in a house a little secluded from the markets and the temple. All three were struck down by the Mong Pundik Dherim Guard - a Maceman, in fact. Shit.

EDIT: Does anybody know why my speed reduced from 1700 to 1290? Permamently. It's not about weight I'm carrying, I dropped everything and the speed is fixed. I'm heavily armored as well, but I'm legendary and dropped armor too. Only wounds I've got is whole body's fat and massive scars on upper and lower body
1290 speed is some magical number game gets stuck on for some reason in some cases. I used to have steel dwarves with 1290 speed no matter what.
Did you have a crutch at some point? I would love to know what causes it, but it must be some rare DF bug.
Do you have crutchwalking skill?
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 04:53:47 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5246 on: April 01, 2013, 06:21:00 am »

No crutch, ever. And yeah, it's a Steel Dwarf.

And about fat burning - I bled out like 3-4 times, savescummed a little to achieve that. But only fat was damaged. The version is 5.21
« Last Edit: April 01, 2013, 06:22:32 am by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5247 on: April 02, 2013, 02:10:45 am »

I've been playing the same adventurer for a while now (two days in real life, but whatever), and I've hired the same guy, Riloth Castleinks the axeman, three times.
Seriously.
I hired him and a few others at a keep, and left to kill a bandit lord. When I returned, I hired another axeman. Turns out his name is ALSO Riloth Castleinks.
I leave again to kill a night creature, and both Riloths die in the attempt. However, when I return once more to the keep, Riloth has returned, good as new. Of course, I immediately hired him. I only really noticed it this time, but they were all standing in the same spot when I hired them. Heheh, maybe it's some kind of axeman respawn portal.
Is this a common thing in adventure mode, or do I have some crazy glitch?
I've been playing adventure mode for a while, and I haven't seen this before, so it's not like I'm new or anything.

EDIT:
Ok what. I just hired a swordsman (and a different axeman) from that keep that had the same name as another swordsman (and different axeman) I'd hired (from the same keep, yeah).
Is this normal?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 02:13:19 am by NewsMuffin »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5248 on: April 02, 2013, 02:18:22 am »

Yup. The game doesn't really update the site pop so it places out the generic figures it has on hand (only ones updated are old historical figures). This happens in towns as well.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5249 on: April 02, 2013, 02:40:42 am »

Huh. I guess I never noticed it before.
Pages: 1 ... 348 349 [350] 351 352 ... 1104