Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093970 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5220 on: March 24, 2013, 08:05:20 am »

Managed to kill a bandit camp, using a hero outsider adventurer, using nothing but my guy's bare hands, and I didn't even have to use wrestling on them. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5221 on: March 24, 2013, 09:21:26 am »

Thanks to my recent discovery of macros my one armed one legged adventurer is now a legendary crutch walker.
on an amusing side note at one point I accidently threw my crutch instead of a rock I was only a dabbling thrower but the crutch hit the hammer man in the head and knocked him out.

zarmazarma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5222 on: March 24, 2013, 11:49:42 am »

Just chilling around, taking a quest or two, finding a cave where there is supposed to be only 1 little darkness thingy, but finding the whole family of eight. It did not compute.

P.S. Sorry, I think I miscounted, there were at least 12

P.P.S. Nope, I have no idea, but on a 4x4 cave, there was at least one per case and then some more.

That reminds me. I was once sent to slay a necromancer.

I gathered 5 or so companions from the near by fortress, went to the dark citadel, and busted down the door.

Nothing could have prepared me for the onslaught that ensued. Six necromancers, apparently all members of one giant fucking necromancer fraternity, introduced themselves as the future passionate lovers of my eye sockets. Surrounding them was easily over 100 undead, who also seemed quite fervent about chewing off my loose appendages. I booked it. My five companions were not so smart.

Now, I was actually winning, for a time. I killed off three of the necromancers and was kiting the zombies no problem. I started trimming off their numbers, solo, fighting off the remains of my allies as they were brought back to life by the necromancers. I approached the zombie of a goblin, preparing to debilitate it, when I was suddenly struck down. Unsurprisingly, the zombie punched me through my face. That one zombie... gah.

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5223 on: March 24, 2013, 01:35:34 pm »

That reminds me of a necromancer tower I stumbled into once so I figured I'd clean it up, after  I waded through the undead the necromancer kicked me in the head putting me down instantly. Goodbye brains I shall miss thee.

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5224 on: March 24, 2013, 01:41:29 pm »

a viable tactic for towers without becoming a vampire IMO is to run in and lure the zombies and necromancers out; keep running for a while and make sure they follow you, but dont run off the site or everything respawns. Then run INSIDE the tower and grab one of the necromancer's books and read it very quickly. You should gain necromancer powers and the zombies will now ignore you, you can easily put down the necromancers, they're as weak as peasants.

note: this only works if there are books on the first floor, which isnt that uncommon if its a smaller tower and there is more than 1 room on floor 1. My worlds tend to have plenty of towers so im able to choose the easiest tower to raid.

Gnoll Fortress

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5225 on: March 24, 2013, 02:38:48 pm »

My legendary crutch walker one legged one armed bandit slayer extrordinair has now been struck down by a marksdwarf with a lucky shot to the throat RIP Cobi RinsedRoasted. I ran but the bleeding just wouldn't stop on the plus side the entire area is almost completely devoid of bandits.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5226 on: March 24, 2013, 02:48:41 pm »

I feel your pain.

Actually, I didn't. My adventurer recieved a single crossbow bolt to the head. Didn't feel a thing.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xenir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5227 on: March 24, 2013, 05:06:31 pm »

Wandering the outskirts of a town, I ran across a werebeast Lair. I thought, "Cool, not a full moon tonight, ill go fuck this unarmed peasant up."
So I go in and its the usual, "I AM URIST MCHUMANWEREBEAST PREPARE TO DIE!" But then I noticed something odd. It was a baby. A FUCKING BABY WEREBEAST. What the shit? Anyways, I wandered around the lair a bit, trying to avoid becoming a child murderer, but then It grabbed my toe. I was all, "alright, lets get this shit over with" and I started attacking it. At some point it transformed. I got my ass dismembered by a fuckin' toddler. Goddamn.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
That sounds gay. It's not. It's fucking terrifying.
Quote from: GoombaGeek
Olin isn't fucking around this time. He knows it'll take more punishment than a BDSM expo in a tornado made out of serrated blades. So he hits it until the head is mush. Then he hits the body until it's got a soupy texture too. When he's done, it doesn't look like a cat. It looks like a fucking meat puddle.

Deathworks

• Bay Watcher
  • There be no fortress without its feline rulers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5228 on: March 25, 2013, 02:50:27 pm »

Hello!

Of course, I wouldn't stick to my original plan. Instead of staying around Bonelegends to improve my skills and maybe my equipment, I got convinced that iron was the best in the shops in town (yes, I simply lost patience with the shops, I admit it). So, I headed South West for the next town I had noticed in the distance on the overview map. Things were going well until I suddenly got "Dizzy" at the bottom line. At first, I thought, I may be just a bit tired, but then I trailed acrid slush - the rain I was walking through was acrid slush and the woods whose outskirts I was crossing was an evil area!?

I hastened to leave the forest and wash off the slush, but I constantly had dizzyness spells. Not knowing whether I would recover or not, I decided to try to carry on. Just out of spite, I continued to the new town, selling the butchered remains of the emus and boars I had hunted on the way. The dizzyness slowed me down a bit, but otherwise, animal hunting was going well; sneaking allowed me to get kills that never realize what cut them apart and the complete iron armor helped me get out of trouble when sneaking failed. But the dizzyness wouldn't go away.

So, I thought I could make myself a name and climbed down into the dungeons - not having gotten a quest for the area, though, as all quest givers told me about all those bandit camps I didn't want to visit. The first person I met was an elven maceman who wouldn't talk to me, so I considered him hostile. A lucky blow cutting off his foot sealed his fate, but his death was apparently not worthy of a report to the community.

On the surface, in the meantime, I came across the market area - where several peasant corpses lay around and an elven merchant was injured. But there was no hint of a hostile around? Not knowing where to begin to investigate, I finally decided to go for those bandits after all. On the way out of town, I got threatened by an olm warlord through a sewer grate, but I decided that someone who spotted me from two tiles away and one z-level below was beyond my current abilities.

After a day's walk, I reached the bandit camp in the early morning. Encountering a spearman, I first slashed off a leg, and after a short battle where I finally succeeded in cutting off his left arm thus getting rid of the spear, I finished him - while bolts bounced off my armor. grabbing the purse of the bandit, I headed for the nearest cover and started sneaking again. Back in the nearby village, no one was interested in the death of the spearman.

Getting a bit frustrated, I returned to the bandit camp. A lot of loot was lying around, and a group of boars had entered the camp, giving the bandits a chance to do some hunting of their own. Noticing a crossbowman, I sneaked up to him and tried to get him. But he was too agile, and after he spotted me, an axeman and another crossbowman showed up. I tried to make my exit, but the axeman was upon me in no time. Oddly enough, my iron armor kept deflecting his bronze axe. Unfortunately, the same was not true for some of the silver bolts they fired at me.

And thus ended the career of my slightly dizzy adventurer...

Yours,
Deathworks

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #5229 on: March 26, 2013, 06:24:15 am »

uhh I some how got a blinking cabinet in Adventure mode using Advfort.
how I got it was from using a companion who died for some wildlife and took their corpse and place it into a designated area for a cabinet.
and now I got something to shove all my corpses in, that glows.

I don't know what to say other than I'm amazed at DF right now and I don't know if any mod could bring me the satisfaction of this discovery.

fakeedit: spoke too soon learn that bridges levitate in the air. Excuse me as I attempt to build a big dumb platform in the sky and figure out the means of constructing supports on bridges to get constructions... or maybe obsidian floors either way, have fun with advtools and don't be scared about the bugs it brings embrace them and soon you too will have a flying fortress made out of bridges that are made out of dead companions which makes the whole thing blink like Christmas lights
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5230 on: March 26, 2013, 05:51:04 pm »

I am playing as a Nord outsider with peasant skill. I unfortunately spawned in extremely hostile territory, full of snakemen. I decided to raid fortresses every night to assassinate leaders and get loot. But something strange happened. A lord's room is full of the melted muscle of a forgotten beast. I'm somewhat concerned that my adventurer is going to suddenly rot from the inside out.

It appears as if every fort has some of Mirius Coildark's melted muscle.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 07:04:59 pm by Angel Of Death »
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5231 on: March 26, 2013, 09:17:23 pm »

This just happened...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

wer6

• Bay Watcher
  • SCOUT DOESNT WANNA GIVE A KISS
    • View Profile
    • Pirate baaaayyyy!~
« Reply #5232 on: March 28, 2013, 04:59:48 pm »

3000 speed elf charges into battle with A war axe, gets lucky shotted with A rifle in the leg and looses it. "Fuu...."
Just before leaving, Psysquid quickly summons a Burrito in his mouth.

ArmokGoB

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5233 on: March 29, 2013, 12:36:48 am »

This just happened...
How about this?
Cyclopes, prepare to meet your demise at the metaphorical hands of my cushion ruby cabochons.

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5234 on: March 29, 2013, 05:01:32 pm »

I just barely became a necromancer. I was sneaking through unnoticed, killing necromancers, but one of them noticed me, and the horde attacked. I tried running but it was no use, and I just barely got to a table, and got the book with "doom" in the title. I managed to read it, and the undead started ignoring me. I killed the last necromancers and managed to get out of there with only a bruise, and the ability to reanimate the dead. Unfortunately, my companions left to join the undead.

Edit: Just got some sweet iron and copper gear that could fit a dwarf from a titan shrine. Some goblin group called "The Primitive Monsters" keeps attacking me, hope they like my new gear.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2013, 07:04:56 pm by ff2 »
Pages: 1 ... 347 348 [349] 350 351 ... 1104