Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093792 times)

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5115 on: February 10, 2013, 02:19:47 pm »

Boogeymen with wings can fly, yes. They're such annoying bastards.

RedBlaze3000

• Escaped Lunatic
  • They're going to take me away to the funny farm
    • View Profile
« Reply #5116 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:45 pm »

My adventurer threw a chest at a hammerman.
 This happened
             you throw the acacia chest at the human hammerman
             the acacia chest hits the hammerman in the lower body tearing the skin, bruising the muscle and bruising the guts.
             the acacia chest is lodged firmly in the wound.
he proceded to charge me with the chest stuck in him and beat me to death.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:25:46 pm by RedBlaze3000 »

Flanderbland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5117 on: February 11, 2013, 03:04:36 pm »

Seems like I took a larger bite than I could chew in attacking an entire town...

It went well at first, killed off all the guards around the keep and walls, and started massacring the merchants and other civilians, moving from house to house.
But then I entered the markets... Got rushed by 50-odd crazy, bloodthirsty merchants. Managed to back away into a house on the first run and face them a few at a time, which worked well. Got tired after a while though, so I had to retreat.

After having a bit of a rest, I went back for round 2. Did the same approach, backed into a house when too many came at me at the same time, didn't work as well this time though...
There were a number of merchants inside the house as well, and one of them managed to stab me in my hand (through my iron gauntlet), which caused me enough pain to pass out... and the rest is history. To think I could have 333 notable kills (nice number), be the slayer of dragons, titans and other things, legendary in 4 skills, and STILL be a frikkin' wuz when it comes to a little pain... I mean, it was just a chipping of the bone, the hand wasn't even off! *sigh*
"And Armok said to Urist: I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beer and the magma."

Nedinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5118 on: February 11, 2013, 04:08:01 pm »

Started playing an Orc Knifeuser on Masterworks again today. Turns out he has six dragon corpses in his bag O_o

Anyways, not sure what I'm going to do with them, but for now, I'm just trying to get to civilization. Took forever to find some hamlets, but no luck with towns yet. In one of the halmets, there's a vampire hiding. I went searching for him, and I found him, but didn't confront him. Turns out this vampire is disguised as a human maceguard. I thought about confronting him, but then I figured I could just use him on my team. Wonder how it's going to turn out.

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5119 on: February 11, 2013, 04:11:23 pm »

Make sure to store his blood somewhere if he does get cut, you know, for cosmetical reasons. Can't leave blood out in the pretty world, can we?

oh_no

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5120 on: February 12, 2013, 08:14:56 am »

Seems like I took a larger bite than I could chew in attacking an entire town...

It went well at first, killed off all the guards around the keep and walls, and started massacring the merchants and other civilians, moving from house to house.
But then I entered the markets... Got rushed by 50-odd crazy, bloodthirsty merchants. Managed to back away into a house on the first run and face them a few at a time, which worked well. Got tired after a while though, so I had to retreat.

After having a bit of a rest, I went back for round 2. Did the same approach, backed into a house when too many came at me at the same time, didn't work as well this time though...
There were a number of merchants inside the house as well, and one of them managed to stab me in my hand (through my iron gauntlet), which caused me enough pain to pass out... and the rest is history. To think I could have 333 notable kills (nice number), be the slayer of dragons, titans and other things, legendary in 4 skills, and STILL be a frikkin' wuz when it comes to a little pain... I mean, it was just a chipping of the bone, the hand wasn't even off! *sigh*

Last time I had an adventurer with a lot of notable kills (238 to be exact) he died to a stray turkey gang rape. Vampire slayer, destroyer of cities, nightmare of goblins. Yup, died to turkeys.

Life sucks.

Right now I'm playing a barbarian knife-user outsider, doing some freelancing and traveling across my pocket land, which once was ruled by a chimera with 400+ notable kills (struck by some low-life hunter, which was later killed by a white dragon). Started naked and without a bag, recruited some craftsman at a human hamlet and went into the wild, thanks to my barbarian's mad knife skills and the guys toolbox I made myself a bag, waterskin, and clothes. All eagle suede and wolf leather. Then raided a tomb, stole black bronze armor, ran off but left the craftsman for the mummy to devour - totally worth it. Lost my toolbox though, I'm grieving. No idea where to get another one like that.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2013, 08:16:35 am by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5121 on: February 12, 2013, 06:16:06 pm »

Have managed to make my most successful adventurer to date.

There is one Necromancer Tower within my world, as far as I know. After grinding a bit on ambusher and combat skills I managed to sneak halfway through before zombies noticed me. After a tough fight, I made it to the books, read one, and am no capable of raising a horde of zombies.

Not satisfied, and noticing a broken toe that would eventually get infected and kill me, I decided to head west. West lies a continent entirely evil, besieged by constant storms of Nefarious Soot. Along the way I got ambushed several times by the local wildlife, killing them and adding them to my army.

With half a dozen Giant Desert Scorpions in tow, I finally came across my target, a cloud of Soot. I ran, and let myself be bathed in its embrace.

As a Necromantic Husk, I now have three missions: One, become legendary in all weapon skills. Two, explore the entire world. Three, make it as empty as a tomb.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Avelon

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:INDULGE_IN_MYSTICISM:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5122 on: February 12, 2013, 07:04:14 pm »

Discovered that the goblins in a town's dungeon respawn breed furiously after killing a crossbowman on the exact same tile each time I went through a particular room after sleeping/fast traveling.

This discovery was AFTER I had decided to construct a field smithy (personal mod) down there to melt down all of the goblinite and practice my weaponsmithing.

Aside from now being Legendary in Furnace/Weaponsmithing/Armorsmithing I worked out a system to cripple and exploit have a friendly sparring session with a goblin.

1.) Choke a singular humanoid enemy until it passes out.
2.) Punch out every tooth while it is unconscious.
3.) Break every available joint.
4.) Cut off one hand.
5.) Wait.
6.) Cut off other hand after bleeding stops.

Eventually it stabilizes and stays awake and hostile, and will be quite happy to push you for all eternity while you roll around on the floor next to it laughing your ass off snuggle playfully.

Despite having played DF since 2007 I never did anything like this. The only times I tried anything similar, I trimmed too much off and my sparring partner died. =(

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able, and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

twinAgkistrodon

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5123 on: February 13, 2013, 12:20:16 am »

I found a market full of elf butchers.
Is this weird?
This is the first time I saw a market, so I'm not sure.
I didn't check what they were selling though.

http://i1073.photobucket.com/albums/w389/gaguo0/elfbutchers_zps61fd0beb.png (all the elves in the image were butchers.)

I feel like this kind of thing would violate their code or whatnot.

Nedinu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5124 on: February 13, 2013, 04:10:06 pm »

Well, I've come at an impass on my accomplished bladedancer elf; talented dodger and professional fighter too. Found a small pack of centaurs and tested my metal against them. Tore them to shreds with one or two slices each... Turns out those were just an offshoot of an even larger pack nearby. We are about even speed, but I think they're faster. I might be able to run, or I could take them out one at a time.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5125 on: February 13, 2013, 07:13:45 pm »

Despite having played DF since 2007 I never did anything like this. The only times I tried anything similar, I trimmed too much off and my sparring partner died. =(

fast travel ass soon as you can after the amputation :3

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5126 on: February 14, 2013, 03:21:21 am »

I didn't even  have any skill in throwing.

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5127 on: February 14, 2013, 08:32:39 am »

I had a dwarf marksman with a human crossbowman, my last adventurer died to a Savannah titan who lived in a shrine. The titan wasn't really doing anything but shoot webbing, and since we weren't melee, it really didn't matter, we kept on firing and firing until all of a sudden I notice that the ground got red, I don't know what happened, I moved my cursor over and found dwarf blood. Oh no! Is it raining dwarven blood? Somehow I lost my weapon and I fell to the ground, unconscious, and I died.

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5128 on: February 14, 2013, 12:16:21 pm »

I found a market full of elf butchers.
Is this weird?

Nope. They're in a human town, which means they're adhering to human civilisation rules. If you were in a forest retreat and a local _dwarf_ tried to sell you meat, that'd be weird and unethical.

In a very old pocket world, i finally got something else for a quest than endless werestuff: a vampire, in a lair. Went there and entered the place to be greeted with
The *** vampire stands before you.
Ten vampires crammed into a single lair. Oh, and a 'human child', who i think was the resident werebeast. I guess those were vampires that were found out in nearby settlements and ended up gravitating to a temporarily-empty lair? Well, i fed them some garlic but nimbly dodged the demented kid, cause no-one had claimed it was in any way quest-worthy.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5129 on: February 15, 2013, 01:29:55 am »

I started an adventurer in a brand-new world. The history gen was 450 years, and the legends were pretty interesting; On one island, there was a single dragonman cave, inhabited by 760-something dragonmen, and a lair inhabited by a single night creature. The poor bastard spent the last 450 years trying to abduct one of the dragonwomen as his bride, and failed utterly in that endeavor. Instead, he acted as the sole threat to the dragonmen's safety on the island, and managed to kill a few. One of them, a dragonwoman breeder (the "breeder" caste of the dragonman species is more or less an unintelligent slave class who have no real worth to society because of their lack of sapience) by the name of Urir Disperseddate, was assaulted by him multiple times, but each time escaped.

So, other than that jerk, there was another island with a dragonman civ on it, and the world is split into two major continents; one which possessed only three dragonman civs, a kobold civ, and a tigerman civ, and another which basically possesses everyone else, including dwarves, elves, humans, goblins, brutemen, paklara, carp men, a few more kobold caves, and one single cobald. Who is only still alive because he's in a tower, acting as a mage of some class. The rest of the cobald civilization was wiped out somewhere between years 90-100. Likewise on the other side of the ocean, the Tigerman civilization was wiped out sometime around 410-420. The greatest surviving population in the world is that of the elves, with ~140000 individuals, and the next-greatest is the brutemen, with ~95000. Brutemen, goblins, and carp men (all defaulting to hostile) are the next most-populous, and the remaining races, including dwarves, all have fewer than 10k individuals. Dwarves are actually in very abd shape, with only 1200.

So, logically, I started an adventure as a dwarf maiden tasked with wreaking havoc upon the world. I immediately found myself travellign through deserted, and very much frozen, countrysides near a major town, which itself was completely deserted save for 1 dwarf, and 10 goblins. The dwarf is a religious leader in the keep, but I have no idea where the goblins are. The remaining population of the town includes a few livestock and about 250 criminals/outcasts. I immediately descended to the dungeon, where I found many such banditos to torture and kill. I haven't left that dungeon for anything but sleep, and have been murdering nonstop. The place is certainly not depopulated, what with non-historical figures being regenerated whenever I reload the area.

I managed to rack up 43 kills, became a legendary fighter, and have once been seriously threatened by an opponent, thanks to being very careful about disarming my victims while holding my shield before using them as live training exercises. That one life-threatening incident is playing out right now: I was wandering through the maze of rooms when I came through a door and discovered... Some ungodly number of gobbos all packed into one tiny 2xwhatever room. Opening that door was something like a scene from a cartoon where someone opens an overstuffed closet; all the goblins began pouring out, and had me surrounded almost immediately. I quickly entered a martial trance, however, and was able to beat the living shit out of them, killing several and causing many serious injuries. Until a bolt came out of nowhere and pinned my adventurer in the femur, causing her to nearly pass out from pain. I backpedaled out of there and went into hiding, and managed to escape just in time. Now I need to decide if it's worth it to go back and collect my axe...

[edit]

...aaaaaand it all ended in an instant with a single headshot from a elemental mage/lasher who zapped me with lightning, knocking me unconscious. The rest is history. A history of a very powerful warrior murdered by some dope who knows how to throw lightning around.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2013, 02:49:04 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 340 341 [342] 343 344 ... 1104