Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093738 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5070 on: February 03, 2013, 04:18:22 am »

A giant crab pinched my leg off ;_;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Flanderbland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5071 on: February 03, 2013, 09:00:38 am »

I took my crippled (motor nerves in both legs severed, unable to stand) swordsman out of retirement recently, thinking he deserved a better end then to simply wither away as a peasant.

So, I went forth, seeking out all the danger I could find, but the only thing that had happened after several fights was that he had lost a hand (making him even more crippled, but not unable to fight).
I cleaned out dungeons, lairs, camps, you name it, but he just wouldn't die. He dodged, blocked and chopped off limbs like it was nothing.

Then I decided to camp for the night.

He and his crew got ambushed, and he never even got to wake up before someone had separated the lower and upper parts of his body.

It wasn't exactly the glorious end I had imagined... I feel cheated.

Edit: For future reference, is there any way of making sure you don't get ambushed in the middle of the night, aside from sleeping in houses? If not, is there at least any way of improving your odds when it does happen?
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:07:42 am by Flanderbland »
"And Armok said to Urist: I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beer and the magma."

Duefaku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5072 on: February 03, 2013, 09:07:05 am »

After making my streamline candy-colossus

Sorry if this isn't relevant to the topic, but could someone explain that? I keep hearing "candy armor" and "candy weapons."

Flanderbland

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5073 on: February 03, 2013, 09:09:41 am »

After making my streamline candy-colossus

Sorry if this isn't relevant to the topic, but could someone explain that? I keep hearing "candy armor" and "candy weapons."

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Candy

The reason people keep saying "Candy" etc is, I think, due to risk of spoilers.
"And Armok said to Urist: I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beer and the magma."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #5074 on: February 03, 2013, 09:11:53 am »

It's an old term for the best metal in the game. It used to be used to prevent spoilers for people who didn't know what it was, much like 'clowns', but now it's just kinda stayed in use just because it used to be used even though I'm fairly sure everyone knows what it refers to.

PPE: Ninja'd.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5075 on: February 03, 2013, 10:23:10 am »

My adventurers die all over the place, no matter how well-equipped, accompanied or skilled they are. They usually die in their first quest. I'm forced to conclude my incompetence is to blame.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5076 on: February 03, 2013, 12:57:57 pm »

My first Speardwarf died to a human lasher almost instantly, I'm playing a human demigod swordsman right now - Went to the wilderness and killing everything I can. Got ambushed by 3 saltwater aligators - they made me faint, that's all. I severed their heads. One of them got hit by a Anaconda Man head which I threw - it cut open the guts and damaged the liver. I love throwing items - especially if they hit legs - all running combat-avoiding gals must be punished. I usually tear all possible limbs and body parts before finally cutting of the head. Or I just stand and watch them bleed out.

I'm cruel.
Dabbling Overseer

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5077 on: February 03, 2013, 01:44:32 pm »

My adventurers die all over the place, no matter how well-equipped, accompanied or skilled they are, they usually die in their first quest. I'm forced to conclude my incompetence is to blame.
Scratch that. I've just had one kill a dragon. Only to fall victim to a dastardly elven ambush five minutes later.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 03:22:08 pm by kerlc »

Shalderave

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5078 on: February 03, 2013, 02:40:00 pm »

GLORIOUS AND UNTOLD SLAUGHTER because now my dude [CAN_LEARN] and it is MAGNIFICENT.

Also I use the name Cotton-colossus because it's hilariously misleading.
When the adventurer is told there is no more need for them, when there are no more targets to kill, why do they act surprised when our "hero" turns towards them and says "No"?

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5079 on: February 03, 2013, 03:32:51 pm »

I visited a small human city, in my 76 yrs. old region. Got quest to kill a vampire, whom killed 55 town inhabitants already - I found him in a hut just next to the leatherworker who gave me the quest - he happened to be a bone doctor. Killed him in a few rounds, but first he enraged and killed a farmer who was standing right next to him. I severed the guy's head, received nothing for the quest, but took another one - kill outlaw commander. I recruited a pikeman and a marksman, and traveled west. The commander was a piece of cake, but there was a lasher with him - he bruised half of the pikeman's body, including heart, but the pikeman was fighting bravely and the result was a decapitation by my hand. Pikeman, giving into the pain, traveled with me onward back to the city, to spread the news. We got ambushed by two crossbowmen, my marksman has been killed and I have periodically lost ability to walk - but I managed to run. Two quests into the game, I'm already covered in huge scars on my legs and upper body.

Update - got lost in the wilderness for a long while, finally found the leatherworker, told him about the outlaw - gained  nothing. Gonna stay in his house for a night or two, gotta recuperate a little.
Gained a title, my full name is now Sina Skythundered the Slippery Rasps of Drilling. Any ideas what that could mean?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Damn kobolds ambushed me alone in the wilderness while I was sleeping, instagib party...

Update: Went after a Goblin Warlord, recruited two axemen and a hammerman before we moved from town.
I found out my bowyer was not killed, but it didn't matter.
The first goblin strike was an arrow, it hit his leg and he fell, stunned for the whole battle.
So it was 4vs5, they had advantage.
The warlord got decapitated by me pretty fast, the two macegoblins, one axegoblin and a bowyer goblin was a problem. They broke my pikemans spine in several places, and his head and liver were cut open. Axeman broke his spine as well, and his lungs were pierced.

We killed the goblins, but shortly after axeman and pikeman suffocated and dropped dead.
I don't know how to bury the corpses, so I'll just leave 'em in the pools of goblin and their own blood. They wanted glory, they got it. It's a shame, the pikeman was a really good, tough fighter. He got pretty bruised two times already, but managed to fight ferociously and win. This battle was not different. He fought to the end, but couldn't stand the aftermath.

Rest in Peace, Sathar Pujaobol.

Oh, by the way. Just leveled up to a Master Swordsman, and Superhuman Strength, goblins were surprised by the ferocity of my attacks. Bitches.

By the way, any ideas why I don't have a "Start Game" option anymore? Just CONTINUE GAME. That means I can't access legends, do I have to delete one of the saves? Cuz I got my adventurer, and a Fort.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 04:32:19 pm by Ragnarock »
Dabbling Overseer

Larix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5080 on: February 03, 2013, 04:52:03 pm »

Corpses of companions - you could carry them to the nearest town and dump them in the catacombs; perhaps put them in a chest first? You can get free chests in keeps and dungeons.

Alternatively, you can light a campfire under the corpses and pretend it's a funeral pyre. I like to do that with dead i don't want to throw to the wild beasts.

In settlements, you have the option to "retire" adventurers. This sort-of ends their game and gives you the 'start game' option back, including looking at legends. You can later re-activate them when choosing 'start game - adventurer'. They'll be at the bottom of the list of choices.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5081 on: February 03, 2013, 05:45:17 pm »

Alternatively, you can light a campfire under the corpses and pretend it's a funeral pyre. I like to do that with dead i don't want to throw to the wild beasts.

Yeah, that's kinda what I did, accidentally melted my bowyer as well, whoops...
Dabbling Overseer

Freshmaniscoolman

• Bay Watcher
  • Internecivus raptus
    • View Profile
« Reply #5082 on: February 04, 2013, 09:32:42 am »

I was willing to fast-travel to the lair where the pixie lies, unfortunately I could not travel through the mountains so I had to walk, and it was night already, not very nighty, but night. As I was walking I noticed that my character was on fire, I didn't know what happened and suddenly I was unable to move, I looked at the announcements and 3 anubites appeared. I checked my inventory and apparently there was a kryss (no idea what that is.) whatever. I threw the kryss at one and it made him fall down, but I was still burning and there was nothing I can do, later I died.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5083 on: February 04, 2013, 10:30:54 am »

You were searching for a pixie and died in a fire started by "anubites"? Interesting mod!

In my own heavily-modded game, my pangolin woman, who had lost her leg to a giant crab, disturbed a mummy in a town's crypt, whom she escaped from, and was subsequently butchered by banditos.

Pangolin men are pretty damn small, so that was perhaps not the best choice of species. My next choice was a red panda man, though, which didn't fair much better as he got torn to shreds by a night creature. Maybe I'll try a minotaur or something, as they're at least significantly larger and stronger than other species. Plus those natural skills help a wee bit. Currently in the process of working out a new worldgen, as I was unhappy with some of the mods.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

kerlc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5084 on: February 04, 2013, 11:15:36 am »

I was chased on a road by a gang of 4 dwarves. I managed to get quite a distance between me and them, but then I got cocky and was promptly one-shotted by a lasher. Curse you, and your -iron whip-!
Pages: 1 ... 337 338 [339] 340 341 ... 1104