Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093364 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #5010 on: January 13, 2013, 11:58:20 pm »

I killed a night troll with a soup ladle.

That is all.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5011 on: January 14, 2013, 02:33:51 am »

Found hell. Demons aren't so tough when they have a copper pick splitting their face in two.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5012 on: January 14, 2013, 06:48:40 pm »

I haven't really played DF in so long. So many modding projects that I end up getting bored of.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5013 on: January 14, 2013, 07:02:51 pm »

EDIT: Where I can find my adventurers name and title. Other way than talking to some random dude?

press the x or z button, forgot which, and then press d :3

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5014 on: January 15, 2013, 12:23:18 am »

But soon he will most likely die out of starvation because I can't fucking find any animal to butcher and get tasty raw meat :(
Unlikely, since it takes a really long time to do so. Though if you want to be on the safe side, press L and grab some vermin. Then eat them.
And while you do that, walk towards a village and finds some bags of berries. Then eat those.

oh_no

RageBob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • This is the link to my stream. Don't click it :^).
« Reply #5015 on: January 15, 2013, 09:00:54 am »

But soon he will most likely die out of starvation because I can't fucking find any animal to butcher and get tasty raw meat :(
Unlikely, since it takes a really long time to do so. Though if you want to be on the safe side, press L and grab some vermin. Then eat them.
And while you do that, walk towards a village and finds some bags of berries. Then eat those.

Actually. He died. Fucking bandits. Which I find ironic because I was going on a quest to a bandit camp (I blame elves for his death. Faking that there are bandits in sewers while there is none >:C )

Also. Isn't like he will go "That's wrong/sick?" or something like that?
Apparently as a streamer I must be a sell out. So I'm selling myself here; I do streams.

Sergei_Andropov

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5016 on: January 15, 2013, 11:49:36 am »

A while back I started a game with a human swordswoman whose name I forget (though her title was "the Torrid Griffon of Trade").  I started off in the middle of a city and immediately looted it for all it was worth, which (due to the quaint local customs) resulted in an outfit made entirely out of sharks.  I then went to the keep and found a bronze broadsword and an iron whip, as well as some iron armor, though I kept the great white shark leather cape.  I got together some local thugs and went out into the countryside to string up a vampire, who was a lot tougher than I expected and who was ultimately brought down by one of my friends.  I still hadn't killed anything, but I drank the vampire's blood anyway, thereby becoming the least qualified night creature in history.

Eager to burnish my credentials, I asked one of the blood-spattered peasants staring at the vampire's corpse if they knew of any action in the area, and they told me about the dread vampire Airfishes, who had killed 16,000 in his lust for murder, and who lived in the city I'd just left.  Getting a very bad feeling, I headed straight for the keep, and there at the door was jolly King Airfishes, who greeted me fondly and told me all about his darling wife who had died three hundred years ago.  Keenly aware that I had never actually killed anything, I called him a night creature, quailed as he rose up in awful majesty, and one-shotted him in the head with my whip.

I then donned his crown of bone (how was this not a dead giveaway, people?) and proceeded to tear through the countryside, immobilizing entire armies with my whip and then slicing them apart piece by piece with my broadsword, until finally Airfishes' general, who had seized power following his death, dispatched me on a dangerous mission worthy of my greatness.  I journeyed off into the wilderness until I finally found a tree, on which sat a small wren with three heads.  I leaned back against a nearby rock to listen to its song, and it barfed spiderwebs all over me, then tore me to shreds while chirping madly.

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5017 on: January 15, 2013, 12:06:13 pm »

A while back I started a game with a human swordswoman whose name I forget (though her title was "the Torrid Griffon of Trade").  I started off in the middle of a city and immediately looted it for all it was worth, which (due to the quaint local customs) resulted in an outfit made entirely out of sharks.  I then went to the keep and found a bronze broadsword and an iron whip, as well as some iron armor, though I kept the great white shark leather cape.  I got together some local thugs and went out into the countryside to string up a vampire, who was a lot tougher than I expected and who was ultimately brought down by one of my friends.  I still hadn't killed anything, but I drank the vampire's blood anyway, thereby becoming the least qualified night creature in history.

Eager to burnish my credentials, I asked one of the blood-spattered peasants staring at the vampire's corpse if they knew of any action in the area, and they told me about the dread vampire Airfishes, who had killed 16,000 in his lust for murder, and who lived in the city I'd just left.  Getting a very bad feeling, I headed straight for the keep, and there at the door was jolly King Airfishes, who greeted me fondly and told me all about his darling wife who had died three hundred years ago.  Keenly aware that I had never actually killed anything, I called him a night creature, quailed as he rose up in awful majesty, and one-shotted him in the head with my whip.

I then donned his crown of bone (how was this not a dead giveaway, people?) and proceeded to tear through the countryside, immobilizing entire armies with my whip and then slicing them apart piece by piece with my broadsword, until finally Airfishes' general, who had seized power following his death, dispatched me on a dangerous mission worthy of my greatness.  I journeyed off into the wilderness until I finally found a tree, on which sat a small wren with three heads.  I leaned back against a nearby rock to listen to its song, and it barfed spiderwebs all over me, then tore me to shreds while chirping madly.

such an epic poem :3

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #5018 on: January 15, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »

Actually. He died. Fucking bandits. Which I find ironic because I was going on a quest to a bandit camp (I blame elves for his death. Faking that there are bandits in sewers while there is none >:C )

Also. Isn't like he will go "That's wrong/sick?" or something like that?
Adventurers will eat/drink things they previously refused when they're starving or dehydrated.
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5019 on: January 15, 2013, 07:03:06 pm »

I've set out on a most horrid quest: according to population exports, there are exactly four living, civilized tigermen left in the world. All four of them are living as outcasts in the city of Ransackedcudgels, which I am currently just outside of. I will explore every temple and dungeon there until I have slain the last of these vile beasts, and finally put their pitiful race out of it's misery.

I feel evil today...

[edit]

Somehow, after killing two tigermen in a goblin bandit's gang, the tigerman population went up by 2. That's a 50% increase in furry fury. My adventurer was killed in the battle with the rest of the goblins. There were a lot of them... Population export after the fact also reveals that dwarf and goblin populations went up slightly, while cobald and carp man populations went down. In Ransackcudgels, the goblin and tigerman populations went up (accounting for virtually all the population change in those species, I believe) while amphibian man population decreased by just one individual, even though my party killed 19 of them. I presume this is because killing their warlord decreased the population because historical figures are actually tracked, while the killing of his 18 cronies didn't affect the population because they were not historical figures and they'll be replaced when another adventurer happens along. There were no other changes in the Ransackcudgels population.

Overall, I scored 31 notable kills and 62 others.

One other interesting historical figure was created by this: a goblin named Azstrog, who killed a kobold. I guess he found one of the rats while I was busy killing other people, and impaled it on his pike.

The amphibian man gang was called "The Yawning Whiskies." Interesting.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 07:55:49 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Scruffy

• Bay Watcher
  • !!DRUNK FORTRESS!! Come smell the ashes
    • View Profile
« Reply #5020 on: January 15, 2013, 07:57:12 pm »

Anyone else feel like their adventures resemble the songs about Brave sir Robin ? (Monty Python and the Holy Grail)
Robin even had a few followers recruited:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=BZwuTo7zKM8#t=17s
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
The weredwarf Urist McUrist has come! A bearded drunkard twisted into minute form. It is crazed for booze and socks. Its unwashed beard is tangled. It needs alcohol to get through the working day and has gone without a drink for far too long. Now you will know why you fear the mines.

Et tu, Urist

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #5021 on: January 16, 2013, 03:09:18 am »

My current goals are twofold. One, to brain all of my foes to death with this solid gold cabinet I picked up from a shop.

Two, to level my stats enough so I get more than 150 speed while lugging the damn thing around. Hooooooooly shit.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5022 on: January 16, 2013, 03:29:46 am »

This may not count as an adventure, but here I go.

I've been messing with arena mode, trying to see what benefits wrestling can give.  So I created a human:

Name: Arnold
Body type: No description really, just "tall".  Not an ounce of muscle on him.
Stats: Everything average, don't know how to change that.
Skills: Talented wrestling, proficient dodging, adequate swimming

I had him wrestle to death several men.  One after another, like cattle.  He's now:

Body type: Tall and very muscular

Stats: Superior strength, superior agility, superior endurance, superior willpower, superior kinesthetic sense, superior spatial sense, everything else average.

Skills: Dabbling butcher, Dabbling armor user ( he doesnt have any clothing, let alone armor, I don't know why this is here ), Dabbling thrower ( from tossing around a few dead bodies ), adequate swimmer, Legendary ( 901/4700 ) fighter,
dabbling archer, Legendary ( 4619/4700 ) wrestler, proficient dodger.

It's going well so far.  Oh, and his speed is 1519, when he started, it was around 970. 

Is there any way to save arena mode files?  I'd like to keep this. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5023 on: January 16, 2013, 03:44:43 am »

Unfortunately you will not be able to save Mr. Shwartznegger.
I totally spelled that wrong.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #5024 on: January 16, 2013, 03:57:08 am »

Yeah, figured.  Deleted it after reaching max stat, speed and physical description.

"Tall, loaded body with incredible muscles".

Now at least I know what to achieve for all my adventurers. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.
Pages: 1 ... 333 334 [335] 336 337 ... 1104