Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093124 times)

Scootagoose

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill them before I do.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4980 on: December 24, 2012, 09:15:26 pm »

Pillaging and murdering around the world as a fog zombie.
Unf.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4981 on: December 24, 2012, 09:18:23 pm »

I recovered my suit of adamantine armor, but the axe was gone due to artifacts being weird. Another weird thing: I had an artifact adamantine crutch in the previous adventurer's backpack, and now I can take an infinite amount of the same crutch out of the bag.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4982 on: December 25, 2012, 01:33:16 am »

After some lovely (read: bloody. Very, very bloody) adventures with a coyote woman adventurer, I have come upon a problem; after a battle with a pair of lesser dragons, aided by a lady consort/spearwoman who died in the fight, my favored <<+iron war pick+>> has apparently become too hot to touch; if I pick it up and wield it, the fat will start melting off my hand. My coyote woman here doesn't have a whole lot of blood in her in the first place, so it was rather dangerous just to experiment and figure out which piece of equipment it is that was burning her, because when it flashes bleeding, it means ‼BLEEDING YOU IDIOT‼. The lesser dragons didn't manage to actually cause any other injuries, but now her hand is entirely bare of fat and she's faint.

I'm sad. I had 10 notable and 10 'other' kills with that pick alone, and now my adventurer, a local legend to the dwarven kingdom, is relegated to using a mere <<*steel battle axe*>>. Maybe, though, the thing's temperature will be reset if I fast travel? I could probably haul it in that nice new <<lesser dragon scale backpack>> I made out of the hide of one of the beasts.

[edit]

Fast-travelling appears to have done the trick; I'm wielding the pick again and my hands aren't on fire
On another note, I really need to get my pronouns straightened out and decide if it's me wielding the pick/burning to death or the adventurer. Stupid brain.

[edit 2]

Shit. Apparently the pickaxe was still flaming hot. All of her fingers on her right hand erupted in a fountain of blood after several minutes and she bled to death within a few ticks.

I didn't know your fingers could bleed that badly still... I didn't want to end my adventures with Txi on a bad note, and figured she'd survive to retirement given she's nearly legendary in all defensive skills and decently protected between two shields and dragon hide/bone armor. Maybe I'll savescum, but that'd be a lot of adventuring lost.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 01:48:36 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4983 on: December 25, 2012, 10:05:22 pm »

Arolfr Daelfr had lived her whole life with wings. Her wings were a source of ridicule, and she always wanted to be free. She had many friends, but she never truly felt connected to any of them; what she always needed was to be free.

One day, she heard a voice in her head.

HELLO MAID OF BREATH WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO ON AN ADVENTURE?

That was good enough for her. With the wind at her back, she took off.

Fast forward to now. Her powers grew. Some strange words possessed her. She lashed a prospitian in the head, killing him. The entire prospitian civilization of Gustemtestri Manba was out to get her.

With her powers, she pushed all the prospitians away as she flew as fast as she could east, hoping to find something.

What she didn't know is that she would only find the prospitian royalty. She was still being tricked by this voice...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 10:09:15 pm by Putnam »

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4984 on: December 25, 2012, 10:06:26 pm »

Wandering the world carrying a bag full of infinite adamantine crutches.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4985 on: December 25, 2012, 10:20:38 pm »

Game crashed before I saved.

Dang it.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4986 on: December 27, 2012, 10:27:08 pm »

I just had an awesome experience in my game.

I was travelling through the caverns underground with about 6 other companions I picked up from a fortress. Eventually I get sleepy and tired, so I decide to sleep for a few hours. I assumed that my companions would sleep alongside me as well.

I wake up. No one's with me. "Shit..." I think--and then a pack of 7-8 troglodytes attacks me. I think "fuck..." even if they are pretty weak. I lead them on a chase throughout the caverns. No sight of my companions. Then a giant mole comes around and starts fighting with the troglodytes. I'm stuck in some tiny nook of the cavern and realize that I'm gonna have to fight all of them.

Then I hear an announcement.

The flying silver arrow strikes The Troglodyte in the second toe, right foot from behind, tearing apart the skin!

My companions had come back to rescue me.

It felt like a scene out of a cheesy fantasy novel. So cool.
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4987 on: December 27, 2012, 10:55:24 pm »

They do sleep with you...
did you SEE them when you went to sleep? had you swam at any place? they cant swim.
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Chagen46

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4988 on: December 27, 2012, 11:27:58 pm »

Yeah, they were right next to me. Also I've had a few companions who swam with me and had no problems, so...
Great! my fps improved significantly and now my sewer is full of corpses like it should be.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4989 on: December 27, 2012, 11:30:53 pm »

My experience ever since the way the game handles sleeping/waiting changed has been that while sleeping underground your companions simply vanish from the face of the planet, or else appear on the surface above you. Were you directly adjacent to the cave/fort you came in through? They could have spawned on the surface and made their way down to you while you ran around/towards the cave.

[edit]

I decided to savescum from my last backup copy of Txi Titbrabu's adventures. Because death by temperature calculation/sensing issues isn't an excuse to call it quits.

So, I continued the adventures along much the same route as before; northward, towards the edge of the mountain range. I've come across many of the same locations as last time, except my speardwarf companion, Catten, didn't drown in a pond and I ordained to pay a visit to a peculiar fortress that offered naught but death and destruction in the form of hostile naked wrestler dwarves. Mostly, I just let Catten go at 'em, and she got most of the kills. I have no idea to what civilization/group these strange dwarves belonged, and it apparently hasn't harmed my relations with the dwarven sites I've visited, but I suspect the world is an all-around safer place with them lying in pools of their own blood. Because berserk, naked dwarves inhabiting a fortress couldn't possibly be good for the perfectly-normal town next door.

A day's travel later, as we tried to cross a river to a camp, Catten started a fight with a trio of alligators, killing two and chasing the wounded third over a waterfall where she began to drown. I was able to fast-travel away beforehand and so she teleported to me, and was saved. And apparently didn't sustain any serious permanent injury. We raided the human bandits' camp, and I killed three out of the four, including the two bowmen and the maceman chief. Catten was shot in the chest, damaging her liver, but the wound healed fine after travelling away.

So, after that I travelled up to the nearby town and saved the game again, reloaded, and set off for adventure once more. After a night's rest we murdered two werebeasts in their lairs; a dwarf and a serpant woman. Travelling north a wee bit from there, we come upon a most terrible sight:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Five mountain wyverns. They usually don't travel in large packs. 5 is, in fact, the absolute maximum. Luckily, their potential for damage is relatively low as their only fire-breathing option is for short jets, rather than full-blown dragonfire. Still, this is likely to be the second death of Txi. I think the wisest decision I could make is to RUN LIKE A LITTLE PUSSY AND JUMP IN A POND
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 12:51:20 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

ThurisLord

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:REFUSE_TO_EAT_CHOCOLATE:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4990 on: December 28, 2012, 01:02:22 am »

I started my first serious adventurer, a human swordwoman, and proceeded into the wilds alone. While traveling, got a message saying I felt uneasy, and saw a wolf. Thought "I'm dead, pack will stomp me", then realized it was alone. Laughed, then stomped it. Then later, was attacked by 8-10 dingos, killed and butchered them. So far, so good.
[MILL_CHILD:ONLY_IF_GOOD_REASON] ...

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4991 on: December 28, 2012, 02:11:20 am »

Yeah, they were right next to me. Also I've had a few companions who swam with me and had no problems, so...
I've never, ever had them swim, they all flounder band drown if i don't fast travel fast enough so...
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4992 on: December 28, 2012, 07:13:10 am »

Trying my adventures with an Elf girl. Starting with wooden weapons surely is... hard.

This surely was a messy adventure so much to say.
After a little jump i found an underground grave lair entrance, staringa t my wooden tools and the fact taht i knew such places
hold halfway better weapons i snuk in unseen. After a lot of turns i found an lone goblin bowmen. Better than nothing. Snuk up
on him and clobbered him tod eath with my wooden sword. Quite literally. Poor guy had to endure literally hundreds of hits from me
before his body decided to finnaly gave in and die.Haveing high skills in sword, sneak and throwing helps much, later more.
Decided to pick up his arrows only. Found an second goblin, threw an arrow at him. Arrow to th knee, goblin gives in to pain.
That was easy. gave him an headstab and continued.

Found some sort of chasm thereafter. I was atop, a goblin bowmen 2 levels below shoots me. My adventure girl of course decides
to dodge the arrow and falls down. Breaking all limbs...Doh. I tried to make a run of it. Escaped with at least a dozen arrows
on my body and arms, ahveing torn countles tendons and ripped a lung to shreds. among hurting all otehr organs except of heart and brain.
Loosing massive blood i expected to die. Neverless, stubborn as i was i crawled all the way back to the village and slept in an house.

What to say. I survived it. And it all healed up to the point that all body parts except of head and right foot were yellow(impaired)
due to the massive damage. I decides to shrug it off and go back down into the cavern to get my gear and kill that goblin.
I managed to do so. And promptly get mauled by one more with his aimbot arrows. I managed to kill him. But suffered broken arm and leg
again, and this time my other lung was turn to shreds. I get back to a save palce to heal up.

Result: a handfull kills. Adventure badly scarred. in fact the description screen was a friggen half page large full of scare mentionings
after all healed so far it could. So what else could i do? probably not much. I decides to get and have an final fight by harassing the
local village...

End result... 60 dead cats. 50 dead gobble turkeys and about 15 dead humans/dwarfes. Among those gobbos.
So yeah. My elf ended her journey with about 150 kills before sh was mauled to death by the locals.

3 Pictures of an new char of me exploring the 'Aftermath' in the spoiler.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Astrid.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:16:01 am by Astrid »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4993 on: December 28, 2012, 02:21:21 pm »

Woe unto thee who experience the horror of death!

Catten, the Green Dent, as her title suggested, has fallen in battle. Not to one, but a pair of feral dragons, whose lair we were invading. Just as I slew the first, the second set her ablaze, and she burned to death where she stood. The beast stood over her, where she stabbed it repeatedly before falling faint. I slew that beast as well, but today the world is without a hero.

And my F^&%!#@ iron pickaxe is superheated and melting my fat again. That cheeky SOB can sit there in the dragons' lair.

[Edit]

Well, another day, another 3-4 dragons slain! Lesser dragons, as the feral dragons seem to be buddying up just fine. Half the lairs I've come across are inhabited by the monsters, and only one was living on it's own. I stole her eggs, but I'm not quite willing to attack them; A coyote man is just too small to take on full grown adult dragons. I did manage to kill a hydra, though, and came upon a camp of friendly bandits. Lots of them. I have an army now. Time to slay some dragons!

[double edit]

Well, the army of dumb bandits didn't do so well against the lone dragon. I doubt they'll survive at all against the family of three...

[Triple edit]

Nope! The trio of dragons all ran out of the lair before I'd even come up to it and torched the bandits. They died horribly without inflicting any serious injury, as far as I know. Was fun to watch, I guess.

[Quantum edit]

Well, after many hours journey, txi has come upon a necromancer tower, braved the undead within (the necromancers themselves were perfectly friendly) and walked off with a book containing the secrets of life and death. Inferiatingly, she was unable to understand any of this giberish due to already being immortal; last I poked around in legends mode after her demise, she's over 200 years old, having been born in 80-something, whilst the current year is 351. So apparently the [MAXAGE:60:80] in the coyote man raws is completely negligible. This is rather damning, as I was also unable to become a vampire. I suppose I'll have to look after the secrets of some other magics, and hope she's mortal enough to become a shaman or something...
« Last Edit: December 30, 2012, 01:03:04 am by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4994 on: December 31, 2012, 11:29:04 am »

My human peasant outsider knife-using rogue Tayo Inoriavera just survived an ambush of 7 or so wolves, with minimal bruising.

...I say ambush, but it was more along the lines of fast traveling a space, then stopping, and "oh look, there's a pack of wolves only five tiles away." After some quick kiting and throwing every pointy thing I had in my backpack (a +steel longsword+ and some stone carving knives) I managed to injure most of the wolves to slow them down and avoid getting surrounded. From there I just stabbed a wolf whenever it got too close and eventually chased them all off, with four wolf kills to Tayo's name. It seems Masterwork's knives are quit effective at bisecting stuff, even for a novice peasant.

I've butchered the wolves and crafted a set of bone armor. I'm thinking of using the extra bones to make some hunting spears for extra throwing ammunition.

Now I'm on my way to the capital, hopefully to find a weaponsmith to sell my extra crud to in order to buy some more daggers to throw. I'm a bit nervous of finding a loyalty cascade or even full blown hostility instead; after stopping at a fortress I fear I may have killed an asp a bit too close to the fort walls, when I returned with a new asp-skin backpack the (thankfully unarmored) wrestlers charged me.

They may have been hostile to me the whole time, and I didn't know it. The first time I went in the fort I was sneaking the whole time, so I had no contact with the wrestlers before crafting the asp into a backpack.

If worse comes to worse, I'll be able test how effective these bone hunting spears are at being lobbed through angry peasant heads.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 331 332 [333] 334 335 ... 1104