Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093097 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4965 on: December 13, 2012, 05:13:04 pm »

Important/legendary historical figures' tiles flash as well; don't accidentally whack a baron/legendary spearman in the head, or he may have to return the favor en masse.

Of course, if you find a high-skill warrior who is also a vamprie, just let them go. They're more trouble than they're worth.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4966 on: December 16, 2012, 02:08:06 pm »

Started a new survival run, going to get out of this desert without using quick travel. First night I got ambushed by 12 dingoes; luckily I started with a bronze short sword and a copper shield and killed them all. It doesn't stop raining goblin blood and it's hard to find shelter, as long as I can keep rested enough to escape bogeymen I should be able to make it.

*EDIT

So four bogeymen came... The fight was short and brutal, but a great victory was won. The bogeymen were all killed. I hit them and they hit me, the only difference is that while I was vomiting they were getting nerve damage and organ failure.

I sure do like bronze.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 02:35:16 pm by Loud Whispers »

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4967 on: December 16, 2012, 10:11:34 pm »

Just started a new one in which I'm going to pace my self, hunt wood creatures and avoid anything else, because death may be fun, but causing it is a LOT more fun.

I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4968 on: December 16, 2012, 10:40:51 pm »

Moar Loud Whispers.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4969 on: December 16, 2012, 10:52:26 pm »

That did not last long, now killing towns  8)
I'm a bad speller, no amount of telling me how bad I am is going to make me better. People have been trying for over two decades. English is hard for me, its like how some cant get math, i cant get English.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4970 on: December 18, 2012, 09:33:33 am »

Moar Loud Whispers.

Got a fatal debilitating wound, and fought out in the open against bogeymen until my eventual demise at the hands of cursed bronze armour. A hero's tragedy.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4971 on: December 18, 2012, 04:12:10 pm »

I am not sated. Need moar Loud Whispers adventures.

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4972 on: December 19, 2012, 06:29:52 am »

so I start my new game, get three guys to follow me form the first city for the first time and my first quest? kill a vampire that has killed 456 so far....
 :'(

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4973 on: December 20, 2012, 08:11:26 am »

so I start my new game, get three guys to follow me form the first city for the first time and my first quest? kill a vampire that has killed 456 so far....
 :'(

Just denounce them in the middle of town, the peasants jsut standing around htem will then turn on them for you, and when they are dead or weak enough for oyu to finihs, tlak to the survivors. :3

Wolfy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4974 on: December 20, 2012, 07:41:25 pm »

Did something much better, let my guys fight the vampire, let them all be beaten an inch of their life, swoop in kill vamp, then kill them, and drink his blood, but hit a horse by hitting attack to fast.... hoooooovvvvveeeees

Zavvnao

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4975 on: December 20, 2012, 09:38:39 pm »

Did something much better, let my guys fight the vampire, let them all be beaten an inch of their life, swoop in kill vamp, then kill them, and drink his blood, but hit a horse by hitting attack to fast.... hoooooovvvvveeeees

so much yes and no at once *hugs*

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #4976 on: December 20, 2012, 10:07:42 pm »

Feels good playing in the Mythical Universe of Lathonthur again.

Cobar is now in a large human town, about to clear the dungeon of brigands with his ten companions. I kind of feel like the guy needs his own thread, considering all that's happened to him. But the star of the show would definitely be his companion, Dema.

She's already killed two guys in this dungeon. It's scary how awesome she is.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4977 on: December 24, 2012, 03:33:04 pm »

Recovered a whole suit of adamantine armor and an artifact adamantine battleaxe from an old fortress of mine. Killed instantly by a copper whip to the head, through the adamantine helm. Seriously? To be fair, it was a minotaur- but still! At least I cut her legs off first, so I should be able to grab the stuff with another adventurer pretty easily.

WisdomThumbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Drawing Meaning
    • View Profile
    • Wisdom-Thumbs on DeviantArt
« Reply #4978 on: December 24, 2012, 07:17:56 pm »

Lashes are lightsabers and skulls are made of eggshells. Even when you mod lashes to have a wider contact area they still destroy brains through helmets, despite only bruising fat on the rest of the body.
"She'd lost her hand, her youth, and her husband. Her entire body was a maze of scars, and without her crutch she could only drag herself over the rocks. But Dema Beandeaths wasn't done just yet. She still had a long way to go, and that six-limbed armadillo devil godking wasn't about to kill itself."
- -- -
I draw things

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4979 on: December 24, 2012, 08:20:33 pm »

Had a pretty successful run as a human necromancer, who was so powerful megabeast and titan quests were but a chore for him. I then gave him an apprentice from commoner stock (a mere gemcutter), who also turned out to be a legend in and of herself in time (with the help of some modding if that accounts for anything).

After my apprentice killed the latest dragon on her own, I decided to actually use my necromancy and raise the dragon's corpse. I didn't want my (soon-to-be dismissed) apprentice to interfere, so I lit up a couple of campfires in the hallway within the lair between her and the dragon. And then I waited for the fire to go out so I could get outside... and waited... and waited... and put my necromancer to wait for two whole days... and have been currently walking around for at least half an hour realtime...

I don't think campfires will go out underground.

Sad story. I know that after two weeks you propably abandoned the poor lad, but remember that dfhack has a tool which can extinguish a fireplace for you, this is not cheating but bugfixing.
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 [332] 333 334 ... 1104