Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 329 330 [331] 332 333 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093084 times)

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4950 on: December 10, 2012, 11:44:03 pm »

Kobolds can't talk. They have the [UTTERANCES] tag. Basically: They spew gibberish.
« Reply #4951 on: December 10, 2012, 11:56:45 pm »

Kobolds can't talk. They have the [UTTERANCES] tag. Basically: They spew gibberish.

It still usually has them doing the "prepare to die" message, you just can't understand them. Like how named animals do it, but just say "..."

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4952 on: December 11, 2012, 04:27:06 am »

Made a new adventurer, first guy I meets says "pledge your life to abid the red graves, that you may know the meaning of suicide."

No, thanks. Im good.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4953 on: December 11, 2012, 06:48:18 pm »

Had a pretty successful run as a human necromancer, who was so powerful megabeast and titan quests were but a chore for him. I then gave him an apprentice from commoner stock (a mere gemcutter), who also turned out to be a legend in and of herself in time (with the help of some modding if that accounts for anything).

After my apprentice killed the latest dragon on her own, I decided to actually use my necromancy and raise the dragon's corpse. I didn't want my (soon-to-be dismissed) apprentice to interfere, so I lit up a couple of campfires in the hallway within the lair between her and the dragon. And then I waited for the fire to go out so I could get outside... and waited... and waited... and put my necromancer to wait for two whole days... and have been currently walking around for at least half an hour realtime...

I don't think campfires will go out underground.
« Reply #4954 on: December 11, 2012, 07:28:32 pm »

Well, Shorast, it's been nice knowing you.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Let's find that vamp...

EDIT: Hm... Somethings wrong here. Usually when I get a vamp quest, it's in a village and I find the guy by asking about services in the town that's marked. This isn't happening; people just keep giving me new quests or ones I already have. LOOK'S LIKE WE'RE DOING THIS THE HARD WAY AND KILLING EVERYONE IN THE HAMLET. ONE OF THEM IS GONNA BE THE GUY I'M LOOKING FOR!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, 07:59:38 pm by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4955 on: December 11, 2012, 08:20:30 pm »

Remember, those kills are from sleep-sucking.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
« Reply #4956 on: December 11, 2012, 08:58:12 pm »

Some maybe. Not necessarily ALL of them. I mean, he could have been some super badass warrior who merely drank some vamp blood by accident. Kinda moot anyway; I can't find the jerk :(

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4957 on: December 11, 2012, 09:04:07 pm »

I'm going to end up on OOC, aren't I.

Damn.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Garn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4958 on: December 12, 2012, 12:09:47 am »

Some maybe. Not necessarily ALL of them. I mean, he could have been some super badass warrior who merely drank some vamp blood by accident. Kinda moot anyway; I can't find the jerk :(
you should be able to find him by [l]ooking at people's gear, if they have human jewelery, they have a 95%+ chance to be a vampire
yes not 100%
« Reply #4959 on: December 12, 2012, 12:32:44 am »

I found him by asking everyone in the town their names. My animal trainer companion ended up slicing his head open in one blow. So I went off to do more killing and while on my journey I encountered a tomb. While exploring, I met a mummy who was the younger brother of the vampire I had killed.

EDIT: I shouldn't have tried to kill the mummy D:
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 12:36:54 am by TheCoolSideofthePIllow »

Fredrikus Fatvessel

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4960 on: December 12, 2012, 05:11:18 am »

I have ended up in a situation that.. It is just plain wrong on so many different levels! I have an kobold adventurer that uses an bow as his primary weapon and i am currently doing my first mission that is to kill an night troll (or "Vile Brute" as he is described as) and he just won't die! He should be dead, by all accounts, since almost all his internal organs are either destroyed or badly wounded and he got an entire gang of kobolds who are kicking the shit out of him but he just keeps crawling around on the ground! I mean, i put an cooper bolt straight through his head and he is still alive!  :o

Edit: Scratch that, shortly after my last message he finally died. Cause of death: Blood loss.. Are all Night Trolls that hard to kill? Oo
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 05:13:18 am by Fredrikus Fatvessel »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4961 on: December 12, 2012, 04:14:03 pm »

you should be able to find him by [l]ooking at people's gear, if they have human jewelery, they have a 95%+ chance to be a vampire
yes not 100%

Killed all five of his comrades in the hut with him.  With nothing more than bruises.  Only two-hundred kills.  This vamp was a monster.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
« Reply #4962 on: December 12, 2012, 08:41:47 pm »

After escaping the mummy's curse, I rested for a few months to let my wounds heal and when I set out again, Shorast had the most epic battle with a Troll.

He was like 3 times faster than me, beat me within an inch of my life, smashed the shit out of my legs and in the end was sliced in half by Shorast's mighty adamantine sword.

To be honest though, I probably wouldn't have taken so much damage if the troll hadn't managed to take my boots off.

I wanted to post the log, but it was too long to fit :(

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4963 on: December 13, 2012, 04:46:52 pm »

Also, vampires' tiles flash.

Like, you come across this sordid scene:

@
UUUÜU
UUUUU