Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093710 times)

crazyjake56

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4800 on: September 25, 2012, 12:14:02 am »

I was ambushed by a lion when a rhinoceros, out of no where, charges into the lion. I wish this game were 3d sometimes.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #4801 on: September 25, 2012, 06:10:17 am »

Rhino out of fucking no-where.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

strongrudder

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: September 25, 2012, 08:21:39 pm »

I had a sudden urge to go back to 40d and do a little adventuring, fully expecting to just spend a few lives getting torn apart by wolves. Instead I raised up a dwarven warrior who merely lost an eye to his canid foes before moving on to greater things. Went to a dwarven fortress and enjoyed finding out how everyone was related, travelled between two fortresses through a tunnel under the mountains, and visited an abandoned human city complete with temple ruins. I just need to get a notable kill to my name, since my companions are all killstealers.

And oh, how I've missed playing wolf golf with my mighty hammer. :D
The flying ☼Earworm☼ strikes strongrudder in the brain!
The ☼Earworm☼ has lodged firmly in the wound!
strongrudder gives in to music.

MrWillsauce

• Bay Watcher
  • Has an ass that won't quit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: September 26, 2012, 02:56:03 pm »

Just took out a camp of around 20 bandits single-handed (I had two civilians traveling with me, but they don't count) with my brand new Hero axedwarf (steel axe to start with ftw) only to be punched through the head and killed instantly by a giant grasshopper.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: September 28, 2012, 11:33:41 am »

Well I learn how to scale one tile high walls with the use of minecarts. Though practicality of this is limited to getting over walls you made in fort mode, and climbing up trees. But atleast now this can open up to parkour.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

DiezIrae

• Bay Watcher
  • From the depth of thy soul I cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4805 on: September 28, 2012, 12:07:44 pm »

Slaughtered a Yeti, massacred a family of night creatures... I can imagine it: "You've killed my parents!"
Me: "Yes, and now I'm going to kill you."
... and got killed by another father after I killed both his wife and his child...
And all that because I ignored the 'Drowsy'.

Mimidormi

• Bay Watcher
  • Magnetite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: September 29, 2012, 02:58:04 am »

Not sure if this is a well known fact or if it even requires to be posted on a transformation !!science!! thread, but, a neat detail i found out just today: in werebeast form you can talk to the werebeast that passed you the curse.

Update: i found out it was nothing special. Still, the 'accuse of being a night creature' interaction made me chuckle.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2012, 06:13:52 am by Triccispicci »

terminator44

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: September 30, 2012, 01:17:51 am »

I had just destroyed a goblin ambush which wiped out all 10 of my companions (who, incidentally, were also goblins). I was heading back to town when I was attacked by 4 more goblins from the same entity. I took out all but one crossbow user. She blacked out from her wounds. Using my teeth, I systematically removed/destroyed her eyes, her ears, her thumbs, her nose, and her tongue. Then I left her there. That's what happens when you mess with a swordmaster.  :)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: September 30, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »

After soaking my adventurer in the blood of hundred or so sliths (including a veteran spearmaster), I've made a mistake of stepping onto evil swamp, and a pair of ghasts ambushed me.

I had few nephilim companions to aid me. I left the swamp alone. Rest in peace, kitties.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: October 01, 2012, 01:54:26 am »

"The spinning Bogeyman head strikes The Bogeyman in the head, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
The Bogeyman has been shot and killed."

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4810 on: October 01, 2012, 01:05:11 pm »

I only need an image to describe my current situation...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ilirion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: October 01, 2012, 02:17:07 pm »

Where was this?

JimDale

• Bay Watcher
  • Not actually at all
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: October 01, 2012, 02:17:27 pm »

So you stood up, somehow disturbing the peace of the dead, and as a result some ghost literally knocks you out of your socks?
Truly amazing.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: October 01, 2012, 04:17:46 pm »

Well, I actually stood up and walked quite a ways, but essentially yes. I happened to walk into the wrong neighborhood and got ganked by a ghost. Ghost ghetto part of the fortress or something. There was another, equally terrible place to visit right next door. That was in an old abandoned fortress in the museum item quest succession game that I was exploring for fun.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Clover Magic

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: October 01, 2012, 07:42:37 pm »

I decided to give my first real go at Adventure mode with my mod today.  After murderating a bunch of wildlife in the tundra close to home, I set off Traveling across the wilds and promptly got ambushed by a pack of giant dingoes.

Desperate running ensued to narrow the pack down.  Somewhere along the way they broke the hand I was holding my steel swallow sword in and they kept knocking me over so I couldn't stand up and gain more speed.

Still, I managed to outrun all but two.  Desperate dodging ensued, in which there were many pages of "The Giant Dingo attacks but you roll away!".  Finally I managed to break at least one leg on one and left it to pass out in pain, and thusly engaged the last.  Since I no longer had anything sharp and pointy, the next 20 or so pages of combat log basically ensued of "You bash the Giant Dingo int he head with your bismuth bronze shield, bruising the muscle!"

Finally the damn thing died, and I retraced my steps to pick up my dropped sword.  Now we're heading back home to retire and hopefully become a fort migrant!
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1104