Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093685 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4785 on: September 20, 2012, 10:53:28 pm »

Awhile back, I started an adventurer, and was wandering around looking for lairs. Found one. With a cyclops in it.

I did the torture for training thing, gouged out its eye, all that fun stuff, went into the next room of the cave, and slept. Went back to the cyclops.
He was all healed up. Lots of scars, and still couldn't see me, but he was alive and had all his blood again. Let the training begin anew!
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4786 on: September 20, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »

Awhile back, I started an adventurer, and was wandering around looking for lairs. Found one. With a cyclops in it.

I did the torture for training thing, gouged out its eye, all that fun stuff, went into the next room of the cave, and slept. Went back to the cyclops.
He was all healed up. Lots of scars, and still couldn't see me, but he was alive and had all his blood again. Let the training begin anew!
I remember I once did that for months with an unlucky goblin villager I lured outside the village. Eventually he was just a torso.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4787 on: September 21, 2012, 08:34:11 am »

Me and the henchmen cleared a lair of shadow monsters and they have a whole kitchen of butchered humans and dwarves also they always have kids in there :(
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Prepared human/dwarf brains, human meat, human/dwarf hearts. Yum!

Also a kea in its rage at my careless slaughter of it and its flock did this

this game is frigging amazing
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 08:36:20 am by Adventurer »

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4788 on: September 21, 2012, 09:15:16 am »

(...)
Keas... that's obvious. Bastards...
Of course, you did kill titans and other monsters without getting a heavy hit, true?
Yea, Keas are dangerous...

Adventurer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4789 on: September 21, 2012, 06:51:55 pm »

(...)
Keas... that's obvious. Bastards...
Of course, you did kill titans and other monsters without getting a heavy hit, true?
Yea, Keas are dangerous...

Titans? I wish, i just got ambushed and 12 of my companions were killed in a huge battle, then my surviving soldiers decided to mutiny for some reason so i slaughtered them and then that pike master and me had a duel where he stabbed me to death

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4790 on: September 22, 2012, 04:47:13 am »

New day, new adventures. Small and young world. My adventurer is getting ready for some serious adventuring, all the essential skills are trained so he can chop off heads while eating and reading a newspaper at the same time.

So, after training for days, I went to the town for a quest, since I wanted to play a good guy for a change and... It seems nobody needs me. I've wandered through the coast and visited two towns I found (they seem to be rare) and no quests.

I have to fire up legends mode a see, what the heck is going on in the world. :(

Except that I can't do that until I finish this game. Which I don't want to do since it took time to make a character that is actually capable of something.

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4791 on: September 22, 2012, 05:22:10 am »

Oh well, found some baddies after all. Three guys in the fortress basement and during my jungle adventure I encountered One the Fatal Skull the Midnight Woman. It took me exactly one strike to separate her upper and lower bodies from each other.

Now I noticed that apparently there is some interestingly evilish area exactly in the opposite direction from where I'm now heading) so I guess I'll just have to turn around.

Apparently it is now year five so not much towns around here.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4792 on: September 22, 2012, 02:53:46 pm »

Been having some exciting adventurers as a tigerwoman outsider. Immediately dropped in the midst of dwarves, who lived in a mountain range surrounded by evil hills. After some spearinating of various things and leading a pair of bandit camps against one another (as they're friendly to outsiders) I headed south for less-evil lands. I found a series of goblin towers and human towns. The goblins inhabit most of the fortresses, and I've been recruiting them. They're friendly with the humans, and so provide good companions. The first group died horribly, leading me to team up with some human village militiamen to slaughter a vampire (I forgot to collect or drink her blood).

The humans soon died at the hands of a pair of ettins. So I recruited more goblins! together, we slaughtered the ettins in a very long, drawn-out battle that only ended when they bled to death. During this I learned one of my new buddies is a werewolf. He kicked ass, including that of a minotaur who killed one goblin and crippled him and another goblin. Wolfy was naked until his death at the hands of a "silver demon," which was a monstrous feathered gecko twisted into humanoid form, the feathers being silvery in color. She ripped off my adventurer's weapon arm and snapped a leg, and I barely crawled away with my life. The werewolf died, but the remaining swordsgoblin slew her and I took her goo and corpse as trophies. My leg healed, but the arm is of course still gone. I must now find a werewolf or other beast to infect myself with to regain the use of that arm.

We escaped the cave and continued the trek south. Immediately afterwards, we're "ambushed" by a pair of goblin scouts from the civ. I told them of our conquests and invited them along for the ride. Currently resting in a human town nearby.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4793 on: September 22, 2012, 08:16:09 pm »

Apparently it is now year five so not much towns around here.

Find some titans. Who needs quests when you have megabeasts to hunt?
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4794 on: September 23, 2012, 01:08:59 pm »

Nah, I retired my adventurer. I'll make a new small world with longer history and more everything.

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4795 on: September 23, 2012, 04:30:24 pm »

Don't make the world history too long... the game seems to have a thing for entropy and attrition - I tried making a few "Very Long History" worlds in hopes of having a big world with a colorful history to explore... and ended up with nothing but post-night-creature-apocalypse wastelands, all cities abandoned (Except for the church-occupied castles - which I suspect were secretly vampire cults), and villagers cowering in fear.

Actually... that world was pretty fun.

Now, I've made a new "Primal" tigerman character to test the Wanderer mod, with the self-imposed challenge of not using a backpack - when I want stuff, I craft it myself! So far, the going is slow... need to find a way to protect against those damn boogeymen, or find a way to remove them entirely. (They're nothing more than a menacing instant-lose menace)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4796 on: September 23, 2012, 06:01:20 pm »

You can disable bogeymen in the advanced worldgen settings ("design new world with advanced parameters"); one of the options is "bogeyman count" or something to that effect.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4797 on: September 23, 2012, 09:13:19 pm »

So currently working on a player 2 option for adventure mode/fort mode and got up to setting up pathing of one unit to keyboard controls. other than that the Npc will act out like usual when seeing an enemy which is either run away or attack it, so far when it's attacking the controls won't respond until the foe is dead. In other news I'm also studying cage teleportation and seeing if I can use this to cage and teleport enough bogeymen to fill up a hamlet to reach city status.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4798 on: September 24, 2012, 12:41:07 pm »

spent 40 minutes training knapping throwing swimming to get high attributes walk into the forest with a heavily armed army... died from bolt to the head

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4799 on: September 24, 2012, 02:50:42 pm »

spent 40 minutes training knapping throwing swimming to get high attributes walk into the forest with a heavily armed army... died from bolt to the head
Gotta watch out for those railguns :/ Or mod the launch force to something less insane, like 20 (shreds unarmored targets, usually punches through light armor, gets through Iron on a lucky shot, and can't break through steel or candy armors), as opposed to 1000 (Default - Punches through *Cotton Candy* like you were naked)

In my bogeyman-free world, my tigerman adventurer has been up to a lot less than before I started using the Wanderer mod... I'm thinking of uninstalling it and going back to looting tombs and castles with only a dozen shields to protect me.
Pages: 1 ... 318 319 [320] 321 322 ... 1104