Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093746 times)

Artinnio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4770 on: September 13, 2012, 06:42:39 pm »

Started an adventurer a few days ago, currently he has laid siege to a Necromancer tower, his 6 companions had done their job admirably and managed to divert the main zombie horde (and a few necros) away from the tower. He slaughtered the necros outside, including their boss (as old as the game map, shot in the chest, punctured lung and then stabbed in head :D)
Just got one necro in the lower level to kill now...
EDIT: Imi the Necro bit the dust after being shot and then stabbed multiple times, even with his zombie standing within 5 blocks of his helpless master. Feels so good! :D
« Last Edit: September 13, 2012, 06:56:54 pm by Artinnio »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4771 on: September 14, 2012, 12:52:11 am »

Started off as a Thoht, a creature I modded into the game. Basically its a 8-9 foot human with really high agility and can quickly regen from any wound, save for one that outright strikes it down. Also it has NO_SLEEP so I figured it would be fine to go out and take on the boogeymen since normally the main probem I have with them is my guy getting tired in the middle of it. So this newly genned Thoht guy starts fighting the boogeymen and for quite awhile, I was getting my ass kicked. I think they put every bodypart he had into the red. Most of the fight was me just running away from them so that I would recover from the newest mortal wound he sustained. Then something amazing happened. Without realizing it I must have been in a evil biome, because during the fight I suddenly turned into a Wicked Murk Thrall. This sent me into Superpower agility and endurance and gave me High strength and toughness. At this point I had leveled my striker skill enough to actually hit them and managed to latch on to them one by one. I literally tore off the little bastards arms and legs till only I was left standing.
Then I went for a swim.

UPDATE: So after all that was over I started wandering around a bit, eventually raided a small little human fort populated entirely by wrestlers, then went on to simply terrorize the countryside by raiding every hamlet I saw. Eventually after adding an Iron Pick to the weapons at my disposal (his main weapon is a basically a maul with a machete on the pommel. for stabbing) I found a nice large town to raid. I am now Superhuman in strength agility endurance and willpower and around legendary+5 fighter and dodger, and I have a large mining and hammerman skill. Now I'm massacring this town by constantly severing limbs with the pick and my kills are now up in the hundreds. I nicknamed my adventurer TerrorSever.

UPDATE2-UPDATEHARDER: And now I left that oversized butcher shop and got stuck in the mountains for a long ass time. Since you cant fast travel in the mountains I was basically stumbling in the dark not knowing what direction I was supposed to go in to get OFF the mountain. Insta-Slaughtered a yeti. Then another. Then tried hunting the kea that were scattering all over the damn mountain and managed to slice ones head off with a thrown pickaxe. Then I had to wait till dawn and noticed that a dwarven mountainhome was nearby. TIME FOR MINDLESS KILLING! Got to the mountainhome area.....and no idea where the hell the actual fort is....huh I guess its time for mindless....wandering around looking for the entrance. THEN MINDLESS KILLING!
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 07:49:23 pm by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4772 on: September 14, 2012, 10:14:54 pm »

More like MINDLESS DISAPPOINTMENT AT THERE BEING NOTHING BUT HUMAN SETTLEMENTS!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

ff2

• Bay Watcher
  • The Occasional Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4773 on: September 15, 2012, 11:21:26 am »

I exited a river, and within seconds the river turned to ice 0_0

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4774 on: September 15, 2012, 05:27:01 pm »

More like MINDLESS DISAPPOINTMENT AT THERE BEING NOTHING BUT HUMAN SETTLEMENTS!
There's a mod that I have that gives every civ except kobolds settlements.

Screw kobolds.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4775 on: September 15, 2012, 05:31:12 pm »

Kobolds can be found in caves anyway, so they show up just fine.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #4776 on: September 15, 2012, 06:37:42 pm »

Lol so other then that screw up at the end is my adventure suitable epic?

UPDATE_NOT_A_DATING_SERVICE: Well after the dwarf debacle, I decided to cross the entire map to go meet my OTHER modded race, the Justiciars. Justiciars are Giant Desert Scorpion people with extra thick chitin, and in steel plate. FUN. On the way there, I was repeatedly attacked by some goblin civ that randomly hated me. I named all of the gobbos that attacked me DEATHWISH, and DEATHWISHREVISITED, as well as DEATHWISHWITHAVENGEANCE. I just left the first one alive with all its limbs broken and totally nude :P Afterward I found a Justiciar town and promptly began the slaughtering. It was Glorious. So I decided to go back to the first town I was at and complete the quest to kill that vampire I never found since I was attacked by boogeymen and became a thrall and went on a crazy slaughter spree. But on the way there I found a human hamlet and started up my killing spree again. However this time things werent entirely one sided as one of the bastards managed to lop off my lower left leg. So now I figure I'm going to find my severed leg, pick it up and THEN go find that vampire, and beat it to death with my leg. Because its probably the only thing that has a larger kill count then me right now and FUCK THAT :P
« Last Edit: September 16, 2012, 10:13:58 am by BFEL »
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4777 on: September 18, 2012, 10:53:49 am »

In a world of mine (that shall remain nameless), of the possibly worst ever settings (very small, very short history, only two civs, very high savagery, extremely rare minerals etc.), with one of the worst possible options (human outsider), I've ventured out into the mountains, and slaughtered a goat (also saw a herd o' buffaloes) which, as you might expect, ended up as my only source of food (bar the blood I had to drink, like a vampire).
The reason I am just mountain dwelling is pretty simple - I want to avoid Boogeymen (can't stress enough how many times they got me killed in the past) and if I saw correctly, I may find the only dwarf civ deep in there.

Nothing special, but works for me.
(screw names, even if they're epic, they're just too hard to write sometimes, if we're talking Dwarven here)

TallAsAHouseDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4778 on: September 20, 2012, 05:55:53 am »

Well, I got my adventurer going. Lots of practise with grabs, stats going through the roof, so I move to practise swimming as well, since, hell, if I can be more legendary than Johnny Weissmuller in that too, then I will be. Advance to the high master level with some macros, grand master level just around the corner, my brave adventurer is starting to fell drowsy but the next level is so near so I think I just hit the play button a few more times before I go to sleep and... Well, you can probably guess where things went from there.

Just when I had the feeling that this time, this adventurer is like a fucking Agent Smith from Matrix, unkillable and unhittable, I manage to turn him into a goddamn popsicle.

NCommander

• Bay Watcher
  • Dwarven Military Master
    • View Profile
    • SoylentNews
« Reply #4779 on: September 20, 2012, 06:48:34 am »

Well, I got my adventurer going. Lots of practise with grabs, stats going through the roof, so I move to practise swimming as well, since, hell, if I can be more legendary than Johnny Weissmuller in that too, then I will be. Advance to the high master level with some macros, grand master level just around the corner, my brave adventurer is starting to fell drowsy but the next level is so near so I think I just hit the play button a few more times before I go to sleep and... Well, you can probably guess where things went from there.

Just when I had the feeling that this time, this adventurer is like a fucking Agent Smith from Matrix, unkillable and unhittable, I manage to turn him into a goddamn popsicle.

I've done that so many times that I only now training swimming to level 2 and then forget about it unless I need to cross an ocean or something.
Quote from: TheFlame52
Fucking hell man, you aren't just getting the short end of the stick, you're being beaten with it.
Quote from: NRDL
Is your plan really to flush water into hell, and have the CARP marines fight them without threat of flame or disease?  If so, you are awesome, and one of the greatest DF military visionaries I've seen yet ( not that I've seen that many, or any, for that matter )

Scow2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4780 on: September 20, 2012, 01:58:13 pm »

My new Tigerman Outsider Demigod (I hate the Adventure Mode attribute caps) started in a town, ditched his spear and dagger, picked up a two companions, and headed toward the nearest tomb. Snuck around inside, found the Backpack, triggered a few traps without being harmed, snicked an *Iron Scimitar*... had his teammates jumped by a Mummy, took a few whacks mostly at its head with his scimitar... got noticed before he managed to remove the head, and lost both companions (Who were then reanimated), so fled.

Went to town, picked up three more companions from the castle (A pikeman, marksdwarf, and axedwarf), returned to the tomb, smashed a few undead from the Mummy, found an +<<*Iron Shield*>>+ :D... but couldn't find the mummy again :(. What happens to them? This is the second time I fled a tomb before killing the mummy and it just disappeared.

Looted a waterskin before heading back to town, and decided to try out the castle dungeon. Learned ranged weapons were Railguns in the current version of DF, so used my Ambushing ability and targeted scimitar strikes to take out the archers and crossbowmen down there first, and got in an annoyingly long whiffle-fight with the Boss and his melee lackeys, using my shield and sword in the same arm after an arrow temporarily disabled my other arm (Fortunately, the railgun didn't sever any nerves!)

After THAT bit of fun, returned upstairs, and my party swelled up to NINE from the fame from taking out the boss down there - I can't remember what they are, but half of my party is dwarves.

Left a LOT of gems down in the dungeon, taking just a few to buy me a light snack - I can't wear armor, so I have to rely on my speed to survive, and even 10 pieces of most meats drops my speed several hundred units.

I've lost a number of other Tigerman demigods to all sorts of stupid stuff, like jumping into a river in a canyon and drowning, and being torn apart by all the railguns.

Gaybarowner

• Bay Watcher
  • [SLOW_LEARNER] [VERMIN_HATEABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4781 on: September 20, 2012, 03:03:17 pm »

I got a iron bolt stuck in my left eye.. Thinking about leaving it in there..
http://imgur.com/vOXM1

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4782 on: September 20, 2012, 03:33:47 pm »

What happens to them? This is the second time I fled a tomb before killing the mummy and it just disappeared.

They seem to disappear completely. Probably because the game reloads all NPC's in an area each time you visit/sleep/wait, and the mummy didn't start as an NPC but as an item (corpse) which are actually tracked. So, the game doesn't keep track of the mummy and dumps it from memory and never reloads it because the site didn't have any NPC's by default, but it kept track of the mummy's corpse as an item, including taking note that the item no longer exists (because it's now a NPC mummy) and thus there is no mummy at the site anymore.

The other option is that they are already going on a rampage after you leave, short of the upcoming update, as somebody had made a thread about encountering mummies his previous adventurers had disturbed at lairs and such.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Jables

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4783 on: September 20, 2012, 03:50:57 pm »

The other option is that they are already going on a rampage after you leave, short of the upcoming update, as somebody had made a thread about encountering mummies his previous adventurers had disturbed at lairs and such.

Yep, you can find my thread about this here: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=114467.0
Between mummies disappearing, and them appearing elsewhere, I think they must get moved to random lairs when the area is offloaded. I also had some zombie companions of the previous adventurer move to lairs after I abandoned them, so it could just be that certain NPCs aren't tied to the region they are offloaded in, and are moved to lairs instead of staying in the same area. Most likely, there's some property that controls this that isn't being properly set by the mummy reanimation process.

Volfgarix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4784 on: September 20, 2012, 03:55:18 pm »

When I play as Speardwarf now, I managed to kill Ettin, who killed my previous adventurer (And then I buried a Dwarf with his equipment in the lair, ettin was kicked out).
 Later I killed Sauropod-like Desert Titan, who spited frozen extract. He was huge. I made helmet out of his bones.
 At next I killed a lumbering Troll, then I received a stone mortar, pestle and ladle made of lead. And also trunk from monster.
 And killed other Ettin, who had kobold skeletons in lair.

I generated a world with massive many Beastes, so much civilized places are small... Only nearly 2000 civilized beings...
And 39 goblins, hah!
But most of the civilized are elves... dammit.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2012, 01:27:24 pm by Volfgarix »
Pages: 1 ... 317 318 [319] 320 321 ... 1104