Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2093744 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4755 on: September 11, 2012, 12:49:29 am »

@ Slothman - Punches and kicks can sometimes score a kill where squishy weapons like dead bodies can't. Probably killed it though by now.

So I went looking for a crutch since I got stabbed in the leg and suffered motor nerve damage, dunno how, given I only got torn skin, but still. In my desperate search for a crutch, I... Well I accidently a whole bandit gang under the city's keep. I honestly didn't even intend for that to happen, and fully expected to die. I must admit, had I been playing as a human I would have been fucked six ways to sunday, as I think my trancing saved my life.

Got kinda caught off guard when a macegoblin I was chasing jumped out at me and impaled his face on my axe.

EDIT: One companion drowned, two crippled who I have been trying to get killed because of thier crippled status, one mauled by alligators. I'd say that's a fair price for an ettin, a hill titan, a giant, and a dragon on my killcounts. I feel bad about killing the dragon though. But I did get a ton of shiney stuff to stuff in the little room I've claimed in the human keep as my storage for shiney shit and dead things I can cut up later when food runs low.

EDIT II: How these two are still alive is beyond me. They got lit on fire by the forest titan we were sent to kill. Still not dead. Most of thier remaining limbs shattered. Still not dead. ROLLED AROUND IN BURNING GRASS. Still not dead. Oh and my lower body got melted and we were ambushed by a sasquatch which I liberated of it's head. This area seems to be a haven for titans and other creatures... Perhaps I'll have me a look around...

navpirx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: September 11, 2012, 07:24:10 am »

I'm currently going through a dungeon/catacombs/who-knows-what system that's filled with dead bodies, various pieces of equipment, and vampires. While fighting the third vampire living there, I failed to notice that my sword got stuck in his wound and pressed 'b' anyway out of habit. The result was rather interesting

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, this is a rather small part of the money I got for selling a butchered hydra. I did not actually kill the hydra, instead I brought it into a hamlet to watch what would happen and the inhabitants of the first cottage simply stabbed it to death with boning and slicing knives. Apparently they thought that my act of bringing a hydra into their homes was a great idea and I am now a well respected hero.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:55:25 pm by navpirx »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: September 11, 2012, 10:09:45 am »

I am having a savage battle with a hippo. It has lasted most of a day, and been a pretty even exchange. This grand creature will be my proudest kill, but will still not be 'notable' by DF's standards.

Amazing. I have dueled with the creature.I have lost my sword, shield, and dagger. I don't know how I am to butcher him, but I am fighting him with nothing but my trusty mackerel, Migrurtharnus. I have immobilized him, but my fish can only deliver so much damage to each part of the foul beast. We are fighting in the middle of a field of teeth, blood and vomit. I don't know how to kill him.
Bite it's throat. It'll bleed out.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

thegoatgod_pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: September 11, 2012, 11:30:35 am »

Epic session: Make a new world, enter as dwarven demigod. Running around killing wolves, got a night creature, went for a troglodyte when I see what seems like an ocean shore (weird I'm in the mountains). There is a wave or a cloud or something. Anyways, I frolick in it for a few seconds.

coming out a soot zombie...

Which cannot be killed. As I learn on returning to town.

The town falls on me, knives and all, and they can do nothing.  Furthermore I seem to be coated in the stuff, because before I know it, half the town is a knife (or worst, pick) armed soot zombie and they are just killing everyone.

So I go visit the god of the land, who is a tortoise demon. We fight. I throw away all my weapons. I throw away all of his. It is literally a hand to hand tooth to tooth battle between a dwarf soot zombie and a demon.  I realize this battle will not be won either way after the entire castle is coated in the thing's blood and all its bones are broken but it still pushes me, whereas I survive it biting my skull tearing apart my brain and it injecting its venom into my brain. I give in to starvation. Good times.
More ridiculous than reindeer?  Where you think you supercool and is you things the girls where I honestly like I is then why are humans on their as my people or what would you?

Smashness

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHICS:SLEEP:UNTHINKABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: September 11, 2012, 12:27:18 pm »

Epic session: Make a new world, enter as dwarven demigod. Running around killing wolves, got a night creature, went for a troglodyte when I see what seems like an ocean shore (weird I'm in the mountains). There is a wave or a cloud or something. Anyways, I frolick in it for a few seconds.

coming out a soot zombie...

Which cannot be killed. As I learn on returning to town.

The town falls on me, knives and all, and they can do nothing.  Furthermore I seem to be coated in the stuff, because before I know it, half the town is a knife (or worst, pick) armed soot zombie and they are just killing everyone.

So I go visit the god of the land, who is a tortoise demon. We fight. I throw away all my weapons. I throw away all of his. It is literally a hand to hand tooth to tooth battle between a dwarf soot zombie and a demon.  I realize this battle will not be won either way after the entire castle is coated in the thing's blood and all its bones are broken but it still pushes me, whereas I survive it biting my skull tearing apart my brain and it injecting its venom into my brain. I give in to starvation. Good times.
Noooo, just because it is a demon doesn't mean you can't kill him!

Confused111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: September 11, 2012, 06:30:55 pm »

So, I threw a stone at a trapdoor in adventurer mode. When I went through the trapdoor, the stone I threw hit me in the back of the head and broke my upper spine. How does that even work? Trapdoors must be fucking stasis fields or something. Either way, I was promptly crushed by the two night terrors inside.

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: September 11, 2012, 10:42:55 pm »

Just discovered a labyrinth. Lets hope my human swordsmaster vampire can take him out

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4762 on: September 11, 2012, 11:04:05 pm »

Not even a contest. Lets try a cyclops

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4763 on: September 12, 2012, 05:42:42 am »

So I'm up to about Legendary+50 on my wrestling skill and about Legendary+65 on my fighting skill although I still can't seem to wrestle a giant snail to the ground which is my goal, so onto training some more!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: September 12, 2012, 07:16:35 am »

Everything after legendary+5 has no effect on the actual tasks associated with a skill. Training may still increase your attributes (if they haven't also hit their cap), but chances are you're simply too small in relation to the snail to ever be able to effectively grapple with it.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: September 12, 2012, 01:14:18 pm »

Grab it by the eye stalks!

I got forced to retire when i got jumped by beak wolves and they messed up my good foot. Can't stand, can't fight effectivly, so I retired him in a nearby fortress. Shame too, best one I've had in a long time.

And Now I have settled dwarves outside said fortress from his dwarven civ to try and get him to migrate just for shits and giggles.

navpirx

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: September 12, 2012, 01:50:37 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh no! The vile fiend shall pay for this!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2012, 01:55:11 pm by navpirx »

Kurtisk1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: September 12, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »

Ah, oh well, it's still fun to beat things senseless anyway, I guess my next goal will be to get everything at legendary +5 then. 

kyle902

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: September 12, 2012, 07:50:16 pm »

My adventurer

Just killed 2 cyclops

Hamsmagoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: September 12, 2012, 11:00:56 pm »

Started a new adventurer and happened to spawn in a town that's in the middle of being overrun by zombies.

To make matters worse... I'm a dwarf.
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 1104