Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2102444 times)

ShadowLop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4515 on: July 10, 2012, 06:57:34 am »

*sigh*

You cant visit these sites, they arent there.

Only towers, tombs and villages/cities can be visited if i'm correct.
Basically, any human site.

Well that sucks...but figures.

Ah well, time to find a tower.
Btw, what's the best way to find magic tomes/tablets?
I tried using Legends viewer, but didn't find any way to track down tablets and so far nothing in forts.
Hmm...a trade? Intriguing...No, wait, boring! PULL OFF HIS KNEECAPS!

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #4516 on: July 10, 2012, 07:11:46 am »

Tablets are only found in necro towers.

You'll just have to go lucky and spawn near one of the towers, then for surroundings so the map around you is revealed, they should show up as big purple I's

Dont go there without *lots* of throwing ammunition, throwing skill and ambusher skill.
Try to get to the necro and kill him, dont attack the zombies.

And if you get spotted, run like hell.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4517 on: July 10, 2012, 08:32:49 am »

Or get legendary ambusher and just sneak to a book or slab. Once you're a necromancer, the zombies will ignore you even if you're spotted. And let's face it, the necromancers are pushovers without them.

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4518 on: July 10, 2012, 08:45:33 am »

I begun training the Slayer of the false god Kenom of the kingdom Tinglebasements!
I had an unlucky run in with a Hydra, crap I thought. So I fought it while trying to run, I kept blocking it's attacks luckly, I lucked out and struck a mortal blow
into it's gut; tearing it. The Hydra vomited and became slower; so I took full advantage of it and beat the crap out of it, then
got another lucky shot into it's heart, it died instantly. Talk about luck, but then again it was nothing compared to the Hill Titan I fought earlier.

Sometime later I checked legends and read up who the false god really was, turned out to be sum mongoose fiend with a spittle that can freeze; he is named Gopet Itchswats the Ugly Froth.
For a fiend it did suck at fight because it was slow as hell until it scored a lucky shot on my last guy; which lead to the loss of his foot, strong yet slow and has
bad accuracy. The demon has 2000 year's of history under it's belt and has fought many wars and slayed other demons, it seemed to be more like a bad hero for tanglebasements; the civ of humans
and it's nation was also brought to ruin by Kobold raids. I read it's kill list and turns out it has killed many trolls; I guess that makes it a trollololol slayer if ye get what I mean. :P

I plan to slaughter many kobold's underground of Tanglebasements for sum training, I already slaughtered over 70 of them and there's still tons to go...

Update: my guy just died to a mortal blow by a kobold's attack, what a waste... D:

« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:31:43 am by Guylock »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4519 on: July 10, 2012, 09:15:29 am »

stupid trolbolds.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4520 on: July 10, 2012, 10:29:35 am »

Started up a human maceman in an Adventure World parameter set that is intended to have a huge amount of lairs. Because I didn't start with a morningstar, I went inside the keep to look for one in one of the containers. I found one, and also a massive conflict between goblins and humans. Apparently a ton of priests had been duking it out... for some reason, and they (all goblins, except for one human) ended up attacking me (after having killed the rest, presumably humans), as well as, what the heck, a goblin vampire. I took the bronze morningstar and slaughtered all of them. Along the way, I apparently managed to brand myself as an enemy of that civilization and got the general to attack me as well (I dispatched him easily). Then I went outside and killed at least twenty goblins and humans from the market before someone (probably some random ranger) taking potshots at me with his crossbow managed to hit my leg. Then I soon gave in to pain and the mob of merchants stabbed me to death.

No, I do not know how I managed to make this one world so awesome.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4521 on: July 10, 2012, 10:54:46 am »

UPLOAD NAOW.

Also, loyalty cascade.

Annoying buggers, one of the triggers is playing as a megabeast.

Un67

• Bay Watcher
  • Zombies good Artificial Intelligence.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4522 on: July 10, 2012, 11:07:28 am »

I think all of the "interesting" bits were done already, because the fighting seemed to be contained in that one keep, and it was over by the time I actually got there. It didn't seem to be a loyalty cascade as much as a bunch of goblin and human priests having killed each other for no real reason.

Also, I, umm, deleted it like I do with all of my pocket adventurer worlds. And then I emptied the recycle bin. So... yeah  :-[
« Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 01:34:08 pm by Un67 »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4523 on: July 10, 2012, 04:12:56 pm »

UPLOAD NAOW.

Also, loyalty cascade.

Annoying buggers, one of the triggers is playing as a megabeast.

Actually I was playing as a megabeast yesterday (to test it's interactions in-game rather than in-arena) and I had the opposite problem for a while:
I could murder anybody I wanted in whatever manner I pleased (and I did!), and only they would defend themselves. Nobody became hostile to me or anything.

Until I fast travelled around town. When it reloaded the game and tried again they identified me as an enemy and eventually I got bored and concluded the test.

Test conclusion; the interactions worked, but the syndromes didn't seem to.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

backora900

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4524 on: July 10, 2012, 06:16:22 pm »

As a necromancer I wanted to enter town. So better get rid of my reanimated aligator. One hit and he will stop following me like my 100 zombie army did. What could possibly get wrong? ;D
Well, he counterstriked (apparently more than once). Mortaly wounded, heavy bleeding, leg gone... ::) I should better chose who will serve me next time.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4525 on: July 10, 2012, 06:26:39 pm »

Alligator: "Next time I should choose more carefully whom I serve. Goddamn unloyal employers... *burp*"
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4526 on: July 11, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »

I just found a copper slab with the secrets of life and death... but it turns out I can't read. Looks like I'll have to use it as a weapon.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

WellBredMutt

• Bay Watcher
  • Go to the Neuro Tower.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4527 on: July 11, 2012, 12:23:45 pm »

"I didn't quite get the whole life bit, ya understand, but I think I grasp the death bit fairly well."
*liquifies face*

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #4528 on: July 11, 2012, 01:19:50 pm »

Something rather strange and amusing just happened to my adventurer. He's a necromancer and used his powers to take down a clan of bandits, but here's where the funny part comes in. Immediately after defeating all the bandits, I had him attack one of the zombies to break his pact and make them stop following him. So I left and all was fine a good, but as he was traveling to the next town he was ambushed! And said ambushies turned out to be his zombies that he had left behind, having somehow organized themselves into a bandit group with a name and everything in the space of a few hours despite possessing no mental faculties. Fortunately they aren't attacking due to being allied with the undead.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4529 on: July 12, 2012, 12:31:25 am »

This is odd, and kinda ralates to the post above me. My necromancer adventurer dropped an army of zombies off at a castle as a present, then ran away after disloyalifying them. Later, he came back and found corpses all over the place, with some guards left, and the zombies were inhabiting the central tower.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 300 301 [302] 303 304 ... 1104