Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095301 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4440 on: July 02, 2012, 03:02:28 pm »

Horseshoe crabs sent an assassin to kill me. I spent all day walking around the beach scooping up fleeing horseshoe crabs, seeing how far I could throw them and then butchering them for meat. Then when I went to bed a horseshoe crab attacked me in my sleep and somehow started chasing me across the ground while I scrambled away from it's crabby fury. I eventually dove into the water to escape it but it was relentless finally as we rolled around beneath the blue waves in pitched combat I grabbed it with both hands, bit it's tail off, and threw it across the water so hard it skipped and sunk into the deep.
It'll be back.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4441 on: July 02, 2012, 03:34:58 pm »

Horseshoe crabs sent an assassin to kill me. I spent all day walking around the beach scooping up fleeing horseshoe crabs, seeing how far I could throw them and then butchering them for meat. Then when I went to bed a horseshoe crab attacked me in my sleep and somehow started chasing me across the ground while I scrambled away from it's crabby fury. I eventually dove into the water to escape it but it was relentless finally as we rolled around beneath the blue waves in pitched combat I grabbed it with both hands, bit it's tail off, and threw it across the water so hard it skipped and sunk into the deep.
It'll be back.

Nobody ever suspects the horseshoe crab inquisition!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Iysif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4442 on: July 02, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »

Trying to make my way to an abadnoned fortress, getting my ass kicked/punched/bitten/stabbed/incinerated/skinned/thrown into trees at every turn.

Harpies don't appear to be blessed with toughness... Although, this particular specimen seems blessed with speed. My speed rating is 1968, if I drop 21L of dingo meat. If I was naked and unarmed I'd probably have a speed well over 2k.

Would you mind posting the raws for using a harpy?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4443 on: July 02, 2012, 09:37:57 pm »

Sure. Just a few minutes...

Alright, you're going to need to make three new text files in your raw/objects folder, and generate a new world.

Here are the three files, in code tags. The words in parenthesis are what the file name and extension should be. Jsut paste the contents of these code tags into their respective files and save them.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This creates a new harpy creature and body build rather than the vanilla one due to some issues it causes trying to play as one in adventure mode, namely being unable to pick up or equip items, or open doors. Instead, these harpies will use their feet to grasp items, and wear gauntlets instead of boots on their feet. Weird, yeah, but better than being unable to grasp anything.

Let me know if it doesn't work as-is, I guess. I adapted this from a modded game where a boatload of different species have been made playable, but that also caused some outstanding issues within that game and exceeds the 40kb size limit of forum posts.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 09:59:40 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Auning

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4444 on: July 03, 2012, 03:59:31 am »

I came across a fortress in a desert. Upon entering, I noticed that the entire outside area of the fortress was littered with countless books. Most of the titles involved a "Sloth Demon". Upon looking in the fortress, I saw the alleged fake deity sitting there casually. I stabbed it in the face, and it went through it's elf hair crown. Is it possible crowns and jewelry can act as armor? Furthermore... I think it's immortal. I smacked it in the face 5 odd times with various weapons and none of them reached the brain. Just damaging the skull or hitting the spine.

Also, I think I have a new favorite weapon type. Morningstars can do a ton of damage in a single swing, what with the shattering, stabbing, slashing action they have.

I also drank the blood of about 6 Human and Dwarf vampires over the span of a week. I didn't become a vampire... Never happened to me before.
[DESCRIPTION:A horse-like creature susceptible to severed nerves when muscles are torn in limb, grasp and starting length are all the same.]
[BLOOD:LOCAL_CREATURE_MAT:EGG_YOLK:LIQUID]
[PUS:LOCAL_CREATURE:BIRD_ROC]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4445 on: July 03, 2012, 10:41:47 am »

GAAAH SEWERS ARRRRGGLEEEBAARGHH

Seriously. Has anyone ever managed to actually track down a vampire or similiar that supposedly makes its home in a city's sewers? There are supposed to be three or so vampires down here, I've been wandering for ages but haven't encountered a single being. Just a few fishpeople skeletons that go crunch-skrush under my copper high boots.

I now see why this place is such a popular hideout... Any tips? I haven't had any luck in other sewers and worlds, either. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4446 on: July 03, 2012, 10:43:53 am »

A necromancer slashed my hand away, before I kill him with strike to head.

Then I grab my hand to say it a goodbye before I put it in the backpack to burn it away.

Apparently there was second necromancer in the same tower because my 'lost' hand choked me :I
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4447 on: July 03, 2012, 11:28:37 am »

GAAAH SEWERS ARRRRGGLEEEBAARGHH

Seriously. Has anyone ever managed to actually track down a vampire or similiar that supposedly makes its home in a city's sewers? There are supposed to be three or so vampires down here, I've been wandering for ages but haven't encountered a single being. Just a few fishpeople skeletons that go crunch-skrush under my copper high boots.

I now see why this place is such a popular hideout... Any tips? I haven't had any luck in other sewers and worlds, either. :-\

Sewers seem to be bugged such that nothing spawns in them, ever. With maybe the exception of the submerged sections that run under streets housing cave fish people and the like that threaten to kill passersby from below the gates, which nobody but those same criminals can reach alive.
I make Spellcrafts!

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4448 on: July 03, 2012, 01:41:38 pm »

I have found vampires in sewers before, but the majority of quest targets can be found in the sewer outlets - i.e. in a nearby river.

You might have to go up and down the banks for a fair distance before you find them, but the local amphibian men, serpent men, cave fish men, and what-not should provide a sort of beacon that lets you know you're close.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4449 on: July 03, 2012, 04:44:54 pm »

I'm just going on my first zombie apocalypse thing. Of course, it's not connected to me, oh no. The fact that I'm clearly reanimating the corpses of the dead can be totally denied - I'm just blessing them! It's not my fault that they keep on coming back to (un)life after I do it...

Is it wrong that I feel proud for massacring an entire town and adding the corpses to a zombie army with which I shall rampage across the continent, killing everybody yet somehow still remaining in good graces with the civ in question?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4450 on: July 03, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »

Not in DF it isn't.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4451 on: July 04, 2012, 12:43:02 am »

Ases Sipkatmuthe Bujitzin Saquar, or Ases Stuckcamp the Scraped Glens of Poetry as he is otherwise known, has been slaughtering his way across the uncivilized wilderness to the west of, well, pretty much everything of note in Adelaecamo.
It may have been slightly more civilized before Ases arrived, though, but sadly a local lord saw fit to mock the short-tempered hero when he presented himself for duty. As such, Manba Goldenseal's worthless life was swiftly ended, along with those of several of his guards, nine trained attack dogs and several... War ducks.
Ases, now shunned by that particular kingdom, decided to do a big loop around this region, skirting a mountain range before heading back up to more interesting- and welcoming- territories. He wields death, in the form of his dual lashes, a silver scourge and a bismuth bronze whip decorated with wild boar bone.
He briefly considered raiding an ancient tomb, but had a terrible, vivid dream of the nasty fate that would have befallen him had he done so. ((Savescum ahoy! In my defence that's the only time I have done so in this adventure. :P ))
There is plenty more world to explore. And plenty more things to kill... If he had a quiet, reflective moment Ases would probably wonder if there is anything more to life. Thankfully he doesn't get many of those, with wolves and dingoes and such generally interrupting his every nap.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4452 on: July 04, 2012, 03:54:25 pm »

"Vuca Lurewhisper the Nude Lanterns, Harpy adventurer and legendary hero of all mortals pronounced dead."

"The hero was last seen entering the ruins of Rashiggal alone and armed only with her fabled iron and silver swords and masterwork, steel dwarven armor, as the dwarves of the officially-abandoned settlement reported. She had approached the settlement by air, missing most of her left leg and stated her companions had been eaten by horrible fish-like monsters known as sturgeon in a nearby river.

The hero apparently took up a crutch and a few servings of meat, and swore she would reclaim the ruins in the dwarves' honor, and shortly wandered down the halls, past the gates, and out of sight, never to return. It is unknown how far into the complex she made it, but even the dwarves fear the place far too much to attempt to search for her, and she is now assumed to have died of starvation or thirst, if nothing else.

Among her many triumphs were the feared desert titan Sarvesh Sunivy the Oak of Budding, the minotaur Etur Rightsullied the Free Ignition, from whom she obtained her iron sword, and Lanlar Windrains the Certainty of Ferns, whose egg she took into the crypts with her."
I make Spellcrafts!

Guylock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4453 on: July 04, 2012, 03:58:00 pm »

The adventures of Tumwist Flickerstopped the peasant continues!

He did a bit more hunting and improved a lot, so he decided to explore the lands (excluding fast travel).
He decided to run around in stealth for stealth training purposes, night falls and my dude resume traveling in stealth mode.
As he was running; without notice he crashed into a group of Rhinos; one of them struck a mortal blow at his head; which caused
his spine to shatter. He then had trouble breathing; so my dude try's to retreat back to town; so that he can can retire.  He tried an attempt to escape but after a few blocks away from the
Rhinos; my dude ends up dead from suffocation. D':

And that's the end of Tumwist Flickerstopped the peasant...

Yes that's the peasant name, I forgot to mention it earlier. XD
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 10:32:43 pm by Guylock »

Joben

• Bay Watcher
  • Elder Thing
    • View Profile
    • Lazy Lizard Gear
« Reply #4454 on: July 04, 2012, 11:44:23 pm »

I'm doing a sorta intertwining story with two adventures. One has done great things (50'ish notable kills, mostly necromancers vampires and mummies) but has had a rough time of it. mangled right hand that wont heal, both ears torn to shreds. Mummy curse. He had to resort to neromancy himself to destory some of the undead he was hunting and that caused some sort of misunderstaning with much of his nation. And a lot of soldiers attack on sight and many peasants won't talk to him. He found himself a hamlet to semi-retire in on the outskirst of the empire. His godneice now is going out into the world. She's a hunter not a soldier, She needs to track and find a werebeast for him. He has too many entities that want his blood and too many disabilities to fight through them all. He needs an agent to work for him, to fine the beast that can renew his battered body.

Perhaps with a good sword arm again, despite the curse he can continue protecting his people, even if they hate him for doing so.

Do you guys like this story? should I flesh it out a little Deebus style?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 11:45:58 pm by Joben »
Broken Arrow - A small stats tweak to fix unrealistically overpowered arrows and bolts.

My RTD games: Roll To Raptor (On hold), Dino Arena
Pages: 1 ... 295 296 [297] 298 299 ... 1104