Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094968 times)

emeralis00

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4320 on: June 12, 2012, 01:44:10 pm »

Oh. Fuck. I genned a world where only goblins and kobolds exist, decided to be a kobold, and now I just spawned in a shrine. At least half a screen away is a Bronze Colossus. How fast do I need to run?

Do you have any ranks in ambush?

Pride

• Bay Watcher
  • Long live the King.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4321 on: June 12, 2012, 01:54:06 pm »

Hi, it's been a little while since I've read the forum so I haven't scoured every single reply in 50 pages for information yet but they're probably all really good. Good work everyone.

I ran across two lairs in a row, each with nothing in them but one nude unarmed hostile human peasant with no kills. This was my first adventure in the 2012 version, so I thought the first peasant-in-a-lair was a vampire wizard god on the down-low so I killed her as quickly as possible and tried not to step in any of the blood and left immediately. It was really easy so she was probably just normal. Then I ran into the second lair, a few miles away, containing only a nude unarmed peasant that wanted me dead, and I deduced that the first peasant was there to get my guard down, and this peasant, was definitely the disguised demigod necromancer nightlord, and I killed him as soon and as carefully as possible using every professional roguelike tactical optimization procedure in the guidebook. Looking back, I'm pretty sure he was just a guy. Why were those normal-ass peasants living in hag-holes and trying to kill me?

Were-creatures.

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4322 on: June 12, 2012, 02:10:59 pm »

I too shapeshift into a naked person brooding in a dirty apartment by himself.

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4323 on: June 12, 2012, 03:32:27 pm »

I set out with a new adventurer, but all the nearby monsters and brigands that need slaying (according to the locals) were a bit challenging for a newbie sellsword.

One of my targets was a vampire with over a thousand kills... well, it's not like it will die of old age or anything; I'll just come back and slay it when I'm a bit more experienced.

I decided to go for the nearest bandit camp instead, but ended up doing a dodge-dance with three ruffians that lasted most of the day until one of them got a lucky break and speared me through the knee. It all went downhill from there. Their dodge skills must have been through the roof!

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4324 on: June 12, 2012, 03:38:32 pm »

One of my targets was a vampire with over a thousand kills... well, it's not like it will die of old age or anything; I'll just come back and slay it when I'm a bit more experienced.
Don't worry, most of those kills are from feeding. You should only worry about it's increased physical abilities and the fact that it can only be killed via brain damage or bleeding.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4325 on: June 12, 2012, 05:09:12 pm »

Sorry to follow up such a ☼Dorfy☼ tale with a lame question, but how did you get Dwarf NPCs in Adventure mode? (I'm fairly new to 34.xx; just started on 34.07 after last playing 31.25 last year)
Modded every entity to build cities. Goblin cities = tons of fun

*applause*

sir, i think you are the aussie of adventure mode.

I am honoured. For this, I will attempt to wrestle a boar.

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4326 on: June 12, 2012, 06:59:25 pm »

With the same adventurer as before, I've realized I don't want to just wander the wild, so I went to a nearby fortress and recruited four people. We were heading to the nearest quest, when we found a pack of ~8 badgers. Enraged as they may get, we're making short work of them. My swordsman companion just punched all the teeth out of a sow :D

edit: much more exciting things now. Found the wereguinea pig/dwarf I was after, and killed her. Went to town to report my success, and picked up a few more friends. Feeling confident, I went after the next quest on my list. Found the lair of the dark hag vampire, and the consort found us.

It was a bloodbath. Four of my five companions were slaughtered almost instantly, and I was mauled. I crawled out, with only 'One Arm' (nicknamed after a sad incident with an alligator on the way to the lair) following me. We made it back to the nearest town, somehow. It was then I decided to check my health.

I had lost the ability to grasp, and the ability to walk :o I basically lost all control of my body except for my arms, so I must've army crawled across fields to get back to safety. It was then I decided to retire in Jadeship.

Sana Butteredgarnishes, the (near) vegetable. Morbidly fitting.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 08:45:54 pm by pbnjoe »

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4327 on: June 12, 2012, 10:50:07 pm »

I set out with a new adventurer, but all the nearby monsters and brigands that need slaying (according to the locals) were a bit challenging for a newbie sellsword.

I decided to go for the nearest bandit camp instead, but ended up doing a dodge-dance with three ruffians that lasted most of the day until one of them got a lucky break and speared me through the knee. It all went downhill from there. Their dodge skills must have been through the roof!
Vampires aren't that hard to kill.

My adventurer raided an abandoned tower and became a necromancer, after that I threw rocks until he became legendary at it.

I got about 3 followers and accused the vampire, I quickly stepped away and let the others keep him occupied while I throw lots and lots of sharp rocks at him.

It only took about 5 tries before one got stuck in his skull and he died instantly.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4328 on: June 13, 2012, 04:05:57 am »

I got about 3 followers and accused the vampire, I quickly stepped away and let the others keep him occupied while I throw lots and lots of sharp rocks at him.

Now what I want to try to do is dunk my sharpened rocks in a font of consecrated water so they have a holy water covering. But I don't think holy water exists... yet (hint, hint Toady ;))

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4329 on: June 13, 2012, 04:13:24 am »

Now what I want to try to do is dunk my sharpened rocks in a font of consecrated water so they have a holy water covering. But I don't think holy water exists... yet (hint, hint Toady ;))
Vampires die off easy enough without any need of brewing some special things. I don't think Toady would need to make these things when he have bigger problem to tackle such as dwarven economic and adventurer armies.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4330 on: June 13, 2012, 01:15:35 pm »

There I was, a necromancer vampire. I had already killed two titans. The next titan, turns out to be a humanoid composed of salt.
 So I start laughing at it, imagining it raining and his plans failing. I noticed it said "beware its webs", I thought that was still bugged yet only worked for spider titans.

Haha.Hahahahaha.HAHAHAHAHA.

One web spray. One hit.
Blargh.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4331 on: June 13, 2012, 01:18:29 pm »

There I was, a necromancer vampire. I had already killed two titans. The next titan, turns out to be a humanoid composed of salt.
 So I start laughing at it, imagining it raining and his plans failing. I noticed it said "beware its webs", I thought that was still bugged yet only worked for spider titans.

Haha.Hahahahaha.HAHAHAHAHA.

One web spray. One hit.
Webs are very deadly combined with procedurally generated beasts. My fort's military got wiped out because of an ice spider.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4332 on: June 13, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

One web spray. One hit.
You walked into the spider's web.

Also, you get stunned = instant aim for the head, guaranteed to not miss. Hope you've got armour or you can parry...

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4333 on: June 13, 2012, 01:30:35 pm »

Currently I was playing an fiend spider(masterworks mod) and testing my follow child/empregant functions to make a genetic army. so far they can pick at any human with ease. It's the giants that leads to issues.so far the downside of being a Fiend spider is you can't pick up any items and I had to bodyswap into a bandit to get the option to read a book.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4334 on: June 13, 2012, 03:47:42 pm »

Seeking to redeem my past vampire-related failings, I recently took up a quest to find and slay a vampire hiding in a seaside hamlet.

Well, I found the vampire... but since he was complaining about being bored as a ranger, I thought I'd see what happens if I try to recruit him. Success! I now have at least one vampire companion (they could all be vampires for all I know).

Okay, he'll never get tired or hungry, but the others don't do that either. He'd be the perfect person to put on watch while sleeping in the wilderness, but I don't know if I trust him not to get thirsty. What should I do with this guy? Stake him or keep him around?
Pages: 1 ... 287 288 [289] 290 291 ... 1104