Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2094974 times)

DarthMetool

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4305 on: June 10, 2012, 11:34:57 pm »

Led Thronesilvers the Busy Delight of Hawks is my latest attempt at adventure mode.  She has 9 notable kills and 7 other kills.  The world I genned for this is 17 x 17, so there isn't much to explore.  On the other hand, Led is respected for her deeds by every civ, including the 2 civs that are enemies of her.  She killed 7 werebeasts (daytime hunting, didn't feel lucky), and thought recuiting 2 goblins was a good idea.  Fodder for the hunt and all that.  However, shortly after, they tried to stab her in the back.  She killed them, but not before they severed the sensory nerves in the right foot and left upper leg, along with the motor nerve in the left upper leg.  Led drags herself everywhere now, but she did get 2 more notable kills after that.  Crippled hammerdwarf with superdwarven strength and agility.

Wish I could play her character more, but fps drops to nothing when I do anything at all.
Huh, city stuff?  Weird. http://city-ofdarth.myminicity.com

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #4306 on: June 11, 2012, 02:06:57 pm »

Playing with a giant man made from steel with lots of deadly interactions. I love going into a market and then angering the people around me, causing them to attack everyone around.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4307 on: June 11, 2012, 10:03:10 pm »

Finally starting an adventurer to find my abandoned fortress full of goodies but walking what seems like thousands of boring miles not quite sure where I am on the map. :P But pretty sure it's going to be many more boring miles because I think I have a general idea of where the game put me.. I forgot to factor in the fact that I'd be throw in human lands.

Should have plenty of sneaking experience by the time I get to my fort...

Oh wait nevermind. That game crashed. Trying again!
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4308 on: June 11, 2012, 10:10:55 pm »

I am now Urist Machinebraids!
No rerolled name this time.
Urist McHallucinate cancels operate pump: flying through the stars in the stomach of a giant fish.

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4309 on: June 11, 2012, 10:26:42 pm »

Crash boom! Urist Machinebraids ceases to exist long enough to run into trouble!

Now, Doren Bustwondered (female) (yes I rerolled for that one...)

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4310 on: June 11, 2012, 10:47:05 pm »

I am surrounded by incessant cackling.

Blissfully unspoiled as to what that means, but the pink text is forboding. ;) Should be fun....

EDIT: RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN!!!!!

EDIT2: Struck down.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 10:54:15 pm by Tabbyman »

pbnjoe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4311 on: June 11, 2012, 11:00:53 pm »

My relatively new guy Butteredgarnishes (I know right) is now bitter from the idiocy of all the spearmen he has recruited. The first one died at the very beginning of a battle. From an arrow, but come on, "Tell them it was the Long Seduction" (won't forget that name :-\), then instant hit, and unconsciousness. The second decided to wade into the river and attack a hippo. He was dispatched quickly, blood filling the river. I tried to avenge him, but the hippo just knocked me over, kicked me around, then ran away.

After several bouts of fainting, I've decided that the world can screw itself. I'm now wandering around, killing boars by throwing a dead raven at them. Ominous, no? :)

Tabbyman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4312 on: June 12, 2012, 01:21:58 am »

Got tired of walking miles across a seemingly endlessly vast lake... went to sleep, melt, freeze, deceased. lol

How does anybody manage to get through the process of sneaking across vast distances with any sanity left intact by the time they get anywhere? I may be too impatient for adventure mode. :P

But it just seems like the slightest lake is a vast ocean when I'm sneaking across the land, and from what I hear (and experience) travel is a death sentence. And I goofed up and built my loot fortress near a dwarven area instead of near a human one. :P

Headhanger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4313 on: June 12, 2012, 02:14:46 am »

I slew my way to fame, defeating bandits and even chasing a vampire out of the capital (it was too fast for me and my companions to catch and kill, so we had to let it go... someone else's problem now) until I could speak with the Lady of the castle.

She has heard of my impressive reputation, she knows I am capable of great deeds, and yet even now she hesitates before sending me to kill... a dingo.

Corai

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4314 on: June 12, 2012, 02:29:45 am »

I slew my way to fame, defeating bandits and even chasing a vampire out of the capital (it was too fast for me and my companions to catch and kill, so we had to let it go... someone else's problem now) until I could speak with the Lady of the castle.

She has heard of my impressive reputation, she knows I am capable of great deeds, and yet even now she hesitates before sending me to kill... a dingo.

Dingos are more dangerous then titans in my experiences.
Jacob/Lee: you have a heart made of fluffy
Jeykab/Bee: how the fuck do you live your daily life corai
Jeykab/Bee: you seem like the person who constantly has mini heart attacks because cuuuute

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4315 on: June 12, 2012, 02:38:21 am »

1st option. Mince the bitch
2nd option. Search for lairs and kill the damn dingo
3rd option. Kill more dragons

This is just because the dingo was once a part of some really lucky pack. It probably killed so much that it became a legendary biter or something.

It might probably actually be dangerous, especially if you go solo.

(*coughbittenheadcough*)

My adventurer and his horde of undead traveled through a human civilization and killing all in its wake. I later ditched the army and swam to another civilization, becoming legendary swimmer in the process.
(Skip a dozen of dead dragons later)
he was later ripped into pieces by a group of crocodiles while attempting to take a shortcut through the river.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

the woods

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4316 on: June 12, 2012, 10:32:43 am »

Hi, it's been a little while since I've read the forum so I haven't scoured every single reply in 50 pages for information yet but they're probably all really good. Good work everyone.

I ran across two lairs in a row, each with nothing in them but one nude unarmed hostile human peasant with no kills. This was my first adventure in the 2012 version, so I thought the first peasant-in-a-lair was a vampire wizard god on the down-low so I killed her as quickly as possible and tried not to step in any of the blood and left immediately. It was really easy so she was probably just normal. Then I ran into the second lair, a few miles away, containing only a nude unarmed peasant that wanted me dead, and I deduced that the first peasant was there to get my guard down, and this peasant, was definitely the disguised demigod necromancer nightlord, and I killed him as soon and as carefully as possible using every professional roguelike tactical optimization procedure in the guidebook. Looking back, I'm pretty sure he was just a guy. Why were those normal-ass peasants living in hag-holes and trying to kill me?

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4317 on: June 12, 2012, 12:03:08 pm »

My adventurer and his horde of undead traveled through a human civilization and killing all in its wake. I later ditched the army and swam to another civilization, becoming legendary swimmer in the process.
(Skip a dozen of dead dragons later)
he was later ripped into pieces by a group of crocodiles while attempting to take a shortcut through the river.

Funny the exact same thing happened to me before. Except I was a legendary vampire, and I wasn't a legendary swimmer. But other than that it's basically the same scenario.
Blargh.

ExRedux

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4318 on: June 12, 2012, 01:38:14 pm »

I was wondering around, found a nord city (genesis mod), so I went to investigate. Lots of abandoned shops. But not much in the means of gear, or loot.

And then...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... I found something.

Long story short, theres now a lot dead "traders" and I'm running around wearing 300 lbs of bling.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 02:16:30 pm by ExRedux »

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4319 on: June 12, 2012, 01:38:31 pm »

Oh. Fuck. I genned a world where only goblins and kobolds exist, decided to be a kobold, and now I just spawned in a shrine. At least half a screen away is a Bronze Colossus. How fast do I need to run?
Pages: 1 ... 286 287 [288] 289 290 ... 1104