Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095111 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #4215 on: May 22, 2012, 11:14:11 pm »

I just woke up.

All my companions are dead, and my throat is cut.

Goblins surround me.

THEY WILL NOT PREVAIL!

I proceeded to martial trance (dwarf) and slaughtered the lot of them before bleeding out.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: May 23, 2012, 05:16:56 am »

Wererhinoceros...set Attack to Charge! This was as effective as you'd think, though not as damaging as hitting horn-first would be. It seemed like the strongest form, but surprisingly the werebisons were stronger, and I had to fight 5 of the fuckers. Lost the use of one arm before I decided a shield was still a benefit in wereform. I didn't get a horn attack, and shouldn't kicks down more damage to someone who's down? Real rhinos wreck their enemies stamping them into the ground. Instead scratches were the most powerful attack, and often impaled heart or lungs in chest attacks.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: May 23, 2012, 10:41:35 am »

This really is a goblin city. Inside the wall, I see nothing but goblins. On the wall there are a few human soldiers, outside the wall I've seen a handful of dwarves and humans, but even there it's mostly goblin.

And yet the shops only sell human sizes. When I go into goblin homes and search their goblin dressers and goblin wardrobes, I find nothing but human size clothes. The vendors in the marketplace shout "Imported from human lands!" "...why? Even if goblins wanted that copper crap hauled in, why would they want copper crap they can't even use? -- you don't sell any cloaks, do you?"

No one sells cloaks! The rivers freeze in fucking May and yet no one wears them! Where I come from it's sweltering in the dead of winter, but we all wear cloaks, loads of them. Why? Because heatstroke is for the weak!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: May 23, 2012, 01:03:55 pm »

had a Giant rat kick me out of my kart recently and rode of in it.

Giant Rat Stole my minecart.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: May 23, 2012, 01:46:07 pm »

You got cartjacked by a big rat? What's your world coming to?

HD23

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: May 23, 2012, 03:41:02 pm »

Found a elf slave in a fortress. Since when are there slaves?

Slaves have been in the game a long time now, but they became less prominent post 40d,
at least in my games. In the world I have now, there are only 2 Elves left, and they were
both slaves for hundreds of years  in a human town, until I set them free.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4221 on: May 23, 2012, 08:47:55 pm »

Finally ran into territory covered by my last adventurer from the other side of the world. We both started in the far south, and between the two of us have only covered 1/3 of the whole world. I'm not looking forward to the glacial north.

Got a quest to kill a hydra living in a village far, far, far away -- another continent, connected by a strait that's as far away as the ocean is wide. How does a hydra live in a village that still isn't a ruin? Incidentally it's close to the third major city in this world, so I finally have cause to make my way to visit.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: May 23, 2012, 08:51:43 pm »

You got cartjacked by a big rat? What's your world coming to?
well right after I summoned a demon on to my cart. this was all to see if I can stick only companions into the cart.
"body swapping and YOU!"

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: May 23, 2012, 10:06:30 pm »

Evil hills...these are the freakiest shit I've ever seen. Wormy tendrils and staring eyeballs growing from the ground. with Phoebus tileset, it looks like I'm walking on a great big brain...and it's moving. Found out you can't hide while in view of them -- they really are watching you!

Necromancy isn't any protection from these undead. Even if you animate them, you've just raised yourself an enemy. I wouldn't mind the fighting to keep me occupied during my were transformation, except that I was caught unprepared and don't have a place to stash my gear, so it's slowing me down. Those ravens are faster than me and attack in massive enough flocks to get through my shield. Fortunately they pack in tight formation, and hitting one sends them and their pieces colliding with others, taking them out. I also found undead harpies, so there must be some living versions of them somewhere, along with their typical ecological pals, beakdogs and blind ogres.

EDIT: My mistake, in wereform, undead will be hostile toward you even if they're listed as your companions. Undead ignored me when I walked through in human form.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2012, 12:40:10 am by Uzu Bash »

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4224 on: May 24, 2012, 01:29:26 am »

... You really shouldn't be able to fast travel into the densest population center of a town with an army of 700 zombies.

.. You really shouldn't be able to rest for an hour after the 150 or so are killed off, and when you come back, it's completely repopulated.

... You really should get the credit for kills done by your zombies, like as weapons of something. My official record is now several thousand behind.
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: May 24, 2012, 01:41:16 am »

... You really shouldn't be able to fast travel into the densest population center of a town with an army of 700 zombies.

.. You really shouldn't be able to rest for an hour after the 150 or so are killed off, and when you come back, it's completely repopulated.

... You really should get the credit for kills done by your zombies, like as weapons of something. My official record is now several thousand behind.
All agreed.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

rtg593

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4226 on: May 24, 2012, 01:50:15 am »

All agreed.

Lol, I attacked one zombie so they would all stop following me. They quickly dispersed. Everywhere I go in this town, zombies are killing humans. Kinda sucks, cuz I'm a necrovamp and need some blood :-D
Is it because light travels faster than sound,
that people appear bright until you hear them speak?

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: May 24, 2012, 02:53:47 am »

All agreed.

Lol, I attacked one zombie so they would all stop following me. They quickly dispersed. Everywhere I go in this town, zombies are killing humans. Kinda sucks, cuz I'm a necrovamp and need some blood :-D
you should have dispurst them somewhere that doesn't keep track of the town citizens.
"body swapping and YOU!"

xmorg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: May 24, 2012, 11:51:39 am »

My peasant found 2 chests full of gold coins and no one around watching.  After pilfering them  he/she found some type of castle or fort, ended up underneath and was killed by a kobold swordsman out of nowhere... byebye gold?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: May 24, 2012, 12:00:37 pm »

I thought I'd seen the worst in rulership; a capital city with only 4 shops inside the walls, 7 outside, all of them without merchants. After I confronted the vampire law-giver and added his brains to my figurine, I went to the third major city I could find on the map. Every block was filled with General Imports shops and one House. Every. Single. Block. With the exception of the marketplace, which was completely vacant. I took a closer look and found every building populated with identical generic merchant, none of whom were from there. And no furniture, so no clothes to scrounge. At the Keep I found two faction leaders who also weren't native, and two citizens without proper names.

According to Legends, this is the single largest city in terms of population, 3500 humans, but it's not actually in any civilization. Every city in the civ was destroyed by an elven nation over 900 years ago. The last lawgiver died of old age just before that, and between hydra rampages and hostile elves, they were pretty much demolished, and the last of their populations were executed. Then people came back in and settled, possibly because it's central to a heavily trafficked trade route. The elves didn't come back to claim anything, so this has become a merchant hub above ground and a haven for outcast groups underneath.
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 1104