Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095251 times)

Cbast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3705 on: February 22, 2012, 12:19:57 pm »

>Multiple quests to kill named animalpeople in sewers.
>Find sewer entrance, discover that it is embedded in a sheer cliff, and that the only way to get to it is to jump four z-levels down into the stairwell.
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

There's no other entrance ? :L

I'm currently fighting a koala deity. It's really hard to damage him but I somehow succeed bit by bit. It looks like we fight at the same level, we can't kill each other :I

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3706 on: February 22, 2012, 12:24:12 pm »

i'm currently exploring "Nosehearts the Pregnant Holes", mostly to kill stuff but also to get me some nice equipment, its the dungeon under one of the cities in my world.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3707 on: February 22, 2012, 01:23:57 pm »

>Multiple quests to kill named animalpeople in sewers.
>Find sewer entrance, discover that it is embedded in a sheer cliff, and that the only way to get to it is to jump four z-levels down into the stairwell.
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

There's no other entrance ? :L

I'm currently fighting a koala deity. It's really hard to damage him but I somehow succeed bit by bit. It looks like we fight at the same level, we can't kill each other :I

I can enter two of the drainage sections from the river; I've already cleared some lizardmen out of one, but the other is too long for me to search without drowning, so I'm trying to track down a vampire. However, out of interest, I savescummed until I managed a jump that only broke my arms and searched the sewers, which confirmed my suspicions about the drainage pipe.

Of course, that does nothing about the half dozen quests with a location in the middle of an empty field.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3708 on: February 22, 2012, 03:28:27 pm »

I'm with the same adventurer of my last reporter, doing quests on the same town. I was getting into trouble against cave fish man, they would keep breaking my legs with darts (I hadn't find any greaves or chain leggind up that time) but I got the courage to brave the catacombs and found the peices or armor I was lacking. The secrets of the catacombs is trying your best to not awake the mummy.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3709 on: February 22, 2012, 08:02:07 pm »

I was "ambushed" by bandits. I have to put ambush in quotes because ambush suggests a planned sneak attack and when you lunge at a heavily armed and armored war-god it suggests a severe lack of planning. I hacked four to pieces and the last one had one started crawling away with one leg and one arm. I didn't feel like wasting the effort chasing him down and bludgeoning him so I walked away. Later that day I received the message that I had been "ambushed" by the same bandits, I put ambush in quotes because one double amputee slowly crawling at you with a mace isn't an ambush.

lionstar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3710 on: February 23, 2012, 01:05:47 am »

became a vampire by drinking the blood of a law-giver vampire [whom i found thanks to a glove] and headed towards the necromancer tower. got ambushed by a ton of goblins including an axelord. killed the goblins by diving into the river and leaping out to bite and slash at them. I killed all but the axelord  this way, he kept dodging and nothing i threw at him connected. eventually i got an idea, an dove beneath the water again. as soon as he reached the bank i hurled an iron bolt at him and it hit him right in the neck. he pulled out the bolt and ran. thinking he was now helpless, i gave chase. i am currently a parapalegic vampromancer.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 02:19:53 am by lionstar »

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3711 on: February 23, 2012, 07:12:14 am »

I REALLY  wish I had some kind pf AoE right now. I wandered into a market place.
So. Many. Humans.
So. Many. Elves.

I set a few trees on fire, killed a ridiculous number of animals and people, but they just keep coming!
Seriously, I need to find a necromancer slab or something, this is ridiculous.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3712 on: February 23, 2012, 10:01:11 am »

I made an Outcast human in a completely evil pocket world.  Tried to cross a river, got caught in a weird current, slammed against an obstacle, breaking a leg and a rib.  Can't walk, can't find a way out of the river, then I see a giant sponge.  I only had managed to kill a capybara, might as well die killing Squarepants.  Since the thing was just an immobile body, I figured I might as well wrestle on it.  Then I saw in the combat log some red sentences, I checked the log...

Yes, you read that right.  A sponge broke my guy's spine. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3713 on: February 23, 2012, 11:13:24 am »

I forgot how fucking cheap Boogeymen are XP

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3714 on: February 23, 2012, 01:40:33 pm »

I arrive at a necromancer tower with intent to murder and rob of knowledge. First round of combat:

I slash a necromancer in the hand, doing nothing useful.
I get brained by an undead crossbowman.

Great. It was a fresh adventurer so I didn't expect to win, but I at least expected to do some damage to the necromancers before dropping!
They also zombified my corpse... Wonderful.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Xotano

• Bay Watcher
  • Elite Head Collector
    • View Profile
« Reply #3715 on: February 23, 2012, 01:46:29 pm »

being a necromancer now i decided to surround myself with some "body" guards (lolseewatididthar)

but yea anyways i have 16 pages of "c" and its still growing.
"Engraved on the wall is a masterful depiction of a human by Logrin.  The artwork relates to Xotano Beastblood The Everseeing Dwelling of Clouds the human vampire recruiting some new human shields companions after his encounter with Ral Firewealthy the Warm Flicker the dragon, during which his face was melted off."

300 human/elf/dwarf/goblin/kobold bodies 20 random animal/fish/bird bodies and 3 dragon bodies all in one backpack. fun stuff.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3716 on: February 23, 2012, 01:48:36 pm »

I started up a new lasher demigod to take on the tower, but decided to go for a little killing spree on the local baddies first. after asking a peasant for all the services I can do, I have a list 3.2 pages long of targets. Time to get crackin'!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3717 on: February 23, 2012, 01:56:48 pm »

I always used to think of the circus as a place only the greatest adventurers go to prove themselves as mortal avatars of Armok and recieve a glorious death atop a mountain of corpses...

That's true.... but more often than not i am being savagely eviscerated and delimbed by a swarm of giant creatures... so much FUN
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Dalkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3718 on: February 23, 2012, 03:38:28 pm »

I'm in an evil area that has a rain type which is elf blood.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3719 on: February 23, 2012, 03:46:49 pm »

Edited the raws so dwarfs can have cities and geared up a dwarf. Even without that I always had less trouble succeeding as dwarf than as human. He is now clad in steel armor, except for a brinze breastplate and simply uses two shields. It helps to block those annoting archers and crossbow people and tends to render enemies unconcious rather than bled to death, for feeding opportunity. I think I actually need to get this character killed instead of retired, since I can't allow it to migrate to any of my forts.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.
Pages: 1 ... 246 247 [248] 249 250 ... 1104