Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095268 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3690 on: February 21, 2012, 05:14:49 pm »

I'm hunting a serpent man bandit outside of the sewer's exit. I managed to cut his arm off and it took quite a beating, but it retreated to inside the tunnels fulls of water, and I fear to follow him and drown. It won't die of bloodloss - the wound stopped bleeding already.

Maxmurder

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: February 21, 2012, 05:22:55 pm »

Just witnessed the most epic battle in history...

I became a necromancer and went about enacting the zombie apocolypse on a nearby city. After getting my leg broke by the "holy faith" in the keep and spending around 3 days going in and out of consiousnous before i stopped being in extreme pain; I began dragging myself out of town with my >100 zombie army. Just out of the front gate i am confronted with the royal fucking cat army! and the rooster reserve corps! they must have outnumbered my zombs 2 to 1. The ensuing battle will be recited in the histories for eternity...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

... so many cats  :'(
The Sponge has become enraged!
Without a nervous system...
The only thing they can feel...
IS ANGER.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: February 21, 2012, 06:32:40 pm »

I just got assigned to kill a bat man vampire.

Incidentally, if I drink the vampire's blood and then some human blood to become a vampire will my party turn against me?

Fun titles for human leaders this game: High Demon, Exalted Cactus.

Challenge: Spot the vampire bat man.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

...Oh.  I am surrounded by cultists.  This will be fun.  GO TEAM

Argh, I die due to overexertion.  There really was no way out of there.

Now I've returned and cultists are killing random people in the streets.  Heck, individual cultists are now notable kills.  I'm trying to fight into the shop to reclaim my equipment but it's tough (although I can run away and rest in someone else's shop if I need to).

NO I DO NOT WANT A SPINY DOGFISH COLLAR I AM GOING TO BLEED TO DEATH NEXT TURN
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 07:42:28 pm by Leafsnail »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: February 21, 2012, 08:27:04 pm »

What sorcery is this!? alpaca bone cloaks? deflecting my silver long sword?

I really need to nab myself a new weapon. These bandits are completely impervious to my weaponry.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3694 on: February 21, 2012, 09:52:06 pm »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: February 21, 2012, 10:04:55 pm »

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: February 22, 2012, 06:22:50 am »

Things just got interesting for Oruapta Hwhortjuvenb.

After leaving town as night fell, he returned, so as to avoid the boogeymen. Everyone had taken to beds, so he wandered from house to house decapitating humans. After some while, and roughly fifty more skulls to his name, he came across a temple with a lowered area. Descending, he found a large pool of water, and a passageway with the skeleton of a Thothgol with a spear and a shield. He took the shield and came to a door.

Inside the door was a room full of human corpses. This must be a catacomb. Only good things can come of this.

Searcing the first level of the catacombs, Oruapta was able to find a Bismuth bronze shield to replace the Tower Cap one previously. And then he was Confronted by a Human mummy. The mummy animated two heads he had at his belt and attacked. An initial clash resulted in the mummy losing it's left hand. This only gave it more allies. On the ledge overlooking the pool Oruapta and the mummy clashed again, this time with the mummy cutting apart Oruapta's hands and knocking him into the water below. Oruapta was a swimmer though, so he floundered and righted himself, retrieved his battleaxe, and clambered out. It was time to leave.

Above the temple catacombs, however, he discovered that, despite the ravages of death, the mummy was actually very fast. He cut off an arm and a foot, before it was too slow to chase him. As good as he was, Oruapta's clash with the mummy had left him bruised and bloody. He was limping and wheezing painfully. He did not wish to confront the dead thing again in this condition. For now, he would wait on the outskirts of the hamlet until dawn.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:47:27 am by MasterMorality »

king of xanth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: February 22, 2012, 06:55:05 am »

started a dwarf in a recently generated world. traveled a bit, found a town with lots of abandoned houses. i stole borrowed some food and merchant fodder. then noticed it was getting dark. asked to stay the night in a home filled with people, and they agreed. woke up halfway through the night on the roof, with no way down. jumping off, i broke both legs, my right arm and left hand. so i retired my dwarf. then i decided to un-retire him to screenshot the occasion, only to notice he was totally healed. is this a side effect ogf starting as a demi-god, or something odd? hmm...    forgot to mention, the affected body parts that WERE broken, are covered with my blood,  but totally fine.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:58:40 am by king of xanth »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: February 22, 2012, 07:01:20 am »

started a dwarf in a recently generated world. traveled a bit, found a town with lots of abandoned houses. i stole borrowed some food and merchant fodder. then noticed it was getting dark. asked to stay the night in a home filled with people, and they agreed. woke up halfway through the night on the roof, with no way down. jumping off, i broke both legs, my right arm and left hand. so i retired my dwarf. then i decided to un-retire him to screenshot the occasion, only to notice he was totally healed. is this a side effect ogf starting as a demi-god, or something odd? hmm...    forgot to mention, the affected body parts that WERE broken, are covered with my blood,  but totally fine.

Fast travel/Retiring cures any non permanent damage, or at least reduces it to bruise and scar level. You can also exploit retirement if you get cornered/lost in the sewers/dungeons/catacombs under a town for a free warp to the surface

Chilton

• Bay Watcher
  • Armok Cultist - Calligrapher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3699 on: February 22, 2012, 07:06:29 am »

I jumped off a Roof I woke up on.
Thing is, I never really looked off the edge, and fell down.
A Cliff.

It was practically suicide.
I Like To Think Of Myself As An Artist - I Create Masterpieces With My Tools Of Trade.

MasterMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3700 on: February 22, 2012, 07:10:01 am »

Apparently I can kill hundreds of people, have brilliant skills, but a bandit swordsman will kill me without blinking.

Riiight.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3701 on: February 22, 2012, 07:11:50 am »

Apparently I can kill hundreds of people, have brilliant skills, but a bandit swordsman will kill me without blinking.

Riiight.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, whether it's a peasant or a Demonic God-King that stabs you in the face you die.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3702 on: February 22, 2012, 07:15:42 am »

Riiight.
Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, whether it's a peasant or a Demonic God-King that stabs you in the face you die.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Barnox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3703 on: February 22, 2012, 09:24:06 am »

After killing about a hundred people in a town, including 30 circling me at once, I decide to go for a swim and get some fish.

You have been encased in ice.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3704 on: February 22, 2012, 09:52:03 am »

>Multiple quests to kill named animalpeople in sewers.
>Find sewer entrance, discover that it is embedded in a sheer cliff, and that the only way to get to it is to jump four z-levels down into the stairwell.
>FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable
Pages: 1 ... 245 246 [247] 248 249 ... 1104