Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095382 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3630 on: February 19, 2012, 06:39:22 pm »

Stuff him in a room with an upright spike trap and pull the lever. Broseph Stalin reports complete success with infecting his population with a vampire's syndrome after using one such room as a well source.

aww crap wrong forum section.

Try setting a fire adjacent to or under him. Burning to death still usually kills by bleeding.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

The Grackle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3631 on: February 19, 2012, 09:10:04 pm »

Currently raiding the warehouses of a freakishly empty and destroyed town for gear for my Outsider.
...Is masterwork shark leather or decent copper better for armor like high boots and breastplates?
Always go with metal over leather, even lowly copper over masterwork leather.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3632 on: February 19, 2012, 09:37:34 pm »

Well. My badass adventurer died. She had full iron armor, and wielded a pair of bronze halberds, and had a pair of iron shields strapped to each arm. The death? A limbless mummy bit her, shattering her skull and crushing her brain.

-_______________________________________________-

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3633 on: February 19, 2012, 09:41:43 pm »

My current adventurer is in a bad way.  I've lost the use of both arms and one leg, so I'm just scooting around right now.

Fortunately, with my Fluffiness mod, I can make a transformation potion to fully heal myself, but I need a carving knife to do it.  I have all the plant ingredients, but I need a flask, which I can make out of a bone if I find a carving knife.  I recruited a few unskilled peasants with carving knives, so that I can claim them when they die, but they're apparently really good with knives...
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3634 on: February 19, 2012, 10:15:26 pm »

My heroic axe-lord entered his first tomb today. Five steps later a serrated blade removed his head.

Apparently only a penitent man may pass.

Always put points into Observer.  :P

On another note, got a waterskin full of vampire blood. Question: I've heard that becoming a vampire freezes your attribute development. If so, should I go ahead and drink?  :-X (Actually, it was rather funny: this vampire with 479 kills gets downed by three hits.)

Also, I've discovered something that makes water supply much easier: Dump a full waterskin out onto the ground, and it apparently creates a quantum puddle that will supply you with endless clean water, in the same manner as spots with small stones giving you an endless supply of them.

3. Run Resize Enable

Roboboy33

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENJOYING_CATS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3635 on: February 19, 2012, 10:22:09 pm »

I got to this necromancer tower just now. Guess what happened.
I got FPS: 0. :L
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

SHUT UP AND ENJOY THE CATS

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3636 on: February 19, 2012, 10:23:28 pm »

Lulz. Wait, I haven't been keeping track... I've got a skin full of vampire blood, and a necromancer tower about a day away. Is it possible to be both, say, by becoming a necromancer and then drinking?

3. Run Resize Enable

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3637 on: February 19, 2012, 10:29:38 pm »

i believe so, i have yet to test it, but i have a bag full of vamp blood next to my sacred tablet stored in "The Rightous abbey"... more like temple of death
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3638 on: February 19, 2012, 10:32:34 pm »

Yeah, because I'm all but certain that it is impossible for an immortal to become a necromancer. OTOH, running a tower as a mortal sounds like a good way to die.

3. Run Resize Enable

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3639 on: February 19, 2012, 11:26:33 pm »

It's entirely possible to become a vampire necromancer.  If you get vampirism first, you can pretty much just waltz into the tower without having to worry about the undead.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3640 on: February 20, 2012, 12:19:49 am »

Ah, even better!

In other news, I just killed a hammerlord and took her masterwork iron maul. Well, I had been leveling my mace skill to deal with zeds, as I found a good quality silver mace, but I may switch over to dual-wielding the two (while also holding my 2h[for dealing with megabeasts and chopping weapon arms off high-grade humanoid enemies] and a pair of shields).  :D

3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3641 on: February 20, 2012, 12:47:34 am »

So I'm out hunting m umpteenth were-something, and they run at me...

"I have slain 4 civ leaders, whilst contemptuously wiping my buttocks! Prepare to...."

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It's moments like that, which have made the pain and agony of leveling up worth it.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

orius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3642 on: February 20, 2012, 01:24:01 am »

bugfix release is so nice....  no longer to superbandits stalk just outside of town ready to strike me down before i can really even experience the content that has been added.

Tell me about it.  I had this band of bandits lead by a hammerlord with two master crossbowmen that had a camp right next to one of the human villages.  Getting ambushed by them was less than fun.
Quote from: ThatAussieGuy
That is an insane and dangerous plan.  I approve wholeheartedly. 

Fortressdeath

MadocComadrin

• Bay Watcher
  • A mysterious laboratory goblin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3643 on: February 20, 2012, 05:10:07 am »

It's entirely possible to become a vampire necromancer.  If you get vampirism first, you can pretty much just waltz into the tower without having to worry about the undead.
Aye, the undead pretty much don't notice you, but you still have to take out the necromancers (who can sometimes be very good with a crossbow, so don't get cocky.)

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3644 on: February 20, 2012, 08:25:34 am »

looks like i need the latest bugfix.. after tunneling to the circus.. my dwarves were killed before completing a stairway back up... when i went there with my adventurer and saved the game crashed... before i start over again, i will have one final decent into the abyss fighting to the death.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson
Pages: 1 ... 241 242 [243] 244 245 ... 1104