Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095460 times)

Batmantis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3600 on: February 18, 2012, 11:06:40 pm »

Totally not what i expected to walk in on!

Several Brides and children.

And a very long list of deceased enemies was yelled at me by a few.

It's lashin time.
See, I play as a highland lord, I light the torches its time for war, I'll ride through a rival town weilding a ball and chain made of spikes and thorns, or a longsword, with the hilt made out of a dinosaurs spinal chord, sharpened against a rhino's horn, when you swing it it sounds like a lions roar!

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: February 19, 2012, 02:58:49 am »

Nice to see that throwing is still as fun as ever. I present the ongoing saga of Telsta Istrooma, crippled murderess. She began her noble journey by convincing two young lads to accompany her on a quest to slay a vile creature of the night, and allowed them to take the brunt of its attacks. Sadly, one of them also struck the final blow. Unamused by this, she lead them into a pool of water, where they promptly drowned. Donning their ill-fitting and surprisingly sweaty armor, she made for the nearest bandit camp. She snuck up, pelted two of the bandits with rocks, and made a hasty retreat into the hills, where she shot them down with her newly aquired bow. She attempted to do the same thing again, when she noticed an entire flock of ravens being shot from the sky in moments. Perhaps stupidly, she continued toward the camp. Not perhaps. Several minutes later, she awoke beneath a rather large oak tree, her body pincushioned by crossbow bolts. A voice rang out, "I am Angir Talltwinkled, prepare to die!"

In another bout of foolishness, she pulled herself around the tree and made faces at the bandit captain as he riddled her with still more bolts. Suddenly, he ceased fire and charged forward, out of ammunition. Time and again he tried to bash her skull in, time and again she rolled agilely away, making wild swings at his ankles with her dull copper spears. They were at an stalemate; he was too slow to strike her, she was too crippled to reach anything vital. Suddenly, a break: a bandit wielding a whip scrambled up the embankment, charging for her. Telsta pulled a silver halberd from her surprisingly roomy backpack, throwing it with great grace and skill toward the oncoming bandit. It missed, entirely. Instead of her intended target, it took the bandit captain's left forearm clean off!

As the captain stumbled away, weak from blood loss-Hah, weakling-the lasher continued toward her. It quickly became apparent that he was no more skilled at close combat than the captain, and Telsta had become weary of games. She pulled shields, bows, daggers, and arrows from her backpack, flinging each at the frustrated bandit. He still stood. She turned to her last resort, drawing out dozens of small chunks of rocks, one by one, flinging them at the tiring lasher. After nearly an hour, the minor wounds, broken bones, and pure exhaustion took him into unconsciousness. Ever the sporting fighter, Telsta pulled herself over to his prone body and began stabbing him with her spears, avoiding his head and heart, attempting to inflict as many non-fatal wounds as possible. Sadly, he bled out rather quickly. Still, this allowed her to pursue the bandit captain, whom she found a short distance away, collapsed in a pool of his own blood. She pulled a final item from her backpack: his severed arm. With a single, awkward overarm throw, she crushed his skull and crawled away under a hail of bolts from two apparently functionally retarded bandits who had been sitting on their fat arses for close to two hours as their friends died less than twenty meters away. She submerged herself in a pool for several minutes until they became bored and left, then crawled out to collect her weapons and her thoughts.

So remember children, if it is late at night, and you hear scratching at the door, do not answer, for it is not Mittens. No, it is Telsta Istrooma, the paralyzed killer, reaching desperately for your doorknob.

(Yeah, still alive and kickin'. Only time will tell how many of those "permanent" injuries will heal, but either way, she'll have some truly badass scars.)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: February 19, 2012, 03:26:35 am »

Yet another adventurer has died.

I got me four meatshields, before preparing to head up to a fortress to recruit some proper warriors.

HALT IN THE NAME OF THE NIGHTMARE OF CURSES. A bandit group that's about 75% bow/crossbowelf, with a single bowdwarf as the leader.

I performed well, until 'The silver arrow strikes you in the head, smashing the skull and tearing the brain!' You have been shot and killed.

Oh, come ON. I was wearing a helmet. I was a difficult shot away from the closest bowelf. I was extremely muscular and agile.
I had a good 40 kills to my name.

But I got one shotted. ONE SHOTTED.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: February 19, 2012, 03:37:21 am »

I got me four meatshields, before preparing to head up to a fortress to recruit some proper warriors.

HALT IN THE NAME OF THE NIGHTMARE OF CURSES. A bandit group that's about 75% bow/crossbowelf, with a single bowdwarf as the leader.

I performed well, until 'The silver arrow strikes you in the head, smashing the skull and tearing the brain!' You have been shot and killed.

Oh, come ON. I was wearing a helmet. I was a difficult shot away from the closest bowelf. I was extremely muscular and agile.

You'd think most arrows would be made for hunting, not piericing metal.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: February 19, 2012, 05:14:13 am »

109 kills. Most of them being kobolds.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: February 19, 2012, 05:21:01 am »

You're a monster.
The only reason we can allow this is it really was self defense, right?

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: February 19, 2012, 05:23:42 am »

the two legendary adventurers i am prowd of have over 200 and 300 kills... mostly because of ambushes... kobolds and otherwise.
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: February 19, 2012, 05:25:00 am »

You're a monster.
Don't worry, I immortalized them by raising them from dead. Then they help me kill more kobolds for my undead army.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: February 19, 2012, 05:31:54 am »

You're a monster.
Don't worry, I immortalized them by raising them from dead. Then they help me kill more kobolds for my undead army.

Undead Kobold Army.....
That is one of the best ideas ever.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: February 19, 2012, 05:32:19 am »

Arr, but bones are quite hard. (especially joints in the middle of the leg)
And since skyrim...

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: February 19, 2012, 05:33:45 am »

Arr, but bones are quite hard. (especially joints in the middle of the leg)
And since skyrim...
I was thinking that Kobold arrows would suck to much to really hurt anything bigger than small game.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: February 19, 2012, 05:54:28 am »

It was elves and one dwarf, using silver. From what I have heard, it's like being shot with depleted uranium- the weight makes it OP.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: February 19, 2012, 06:13:58 am »

FINALLY found an imported goods store that sells weapons, only to discover that they all suck.
THe market has 50 bazillion crappy wooden crossbows for sale, as well. Huzzah?
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Megaman_zx

• Bay Watcher
  • or megadorf.....megaelf?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: February 19, 2012, 07:19:39 am »

I decided to start a duel because i was sick of a goblin archer shooting arrows at my shield....

"I challenge you to a..... oh wait..."
Tales of the Third Age, 34.11 rp stories from Genesis Reborn

“Name none of the fallen, for they stood in our place. And stand there still in each moment of our lives. Let my death hold no glory, and let me die forgotten and unknown. Let it not be said that I was one among the dead to accuse the living.”

-Deadhouse Gates (Book 2 in the Malazan Book of the Fallen) by Steven Erikson

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: February 19, 2012, 09:02:09 am »

I decided to start a duel because i was sick of a goblin archer shooting arrows at my shield....

"I challenge you to a..... oh wait..."

That was just dripping with win right there cause of the duel declaration slap.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 1104