Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095818 times)

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3465 on: February 15, 2012, 11:23:46 pm »

I have a legendary axenecrovamp, which apart from being a great band name, is also a great opportunity do science, what with the hilarious OP ness of it all. Also, vaguely in character, considering old Irthus only has one hand from nerve damage from before the vampire thing!

How to find werecreatures? I was trying to ask the villagers, but they just redirect me to the local lord.

Also, if you raid multiple necromancers towers, and read the slabs in each, you gain multiple raise corpse abilities. Useful for when one runs out and needs recharging.

MUST
FIND
TOWERS

Krelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3466 on: February 15, 2012, 11:31:13 pm »

I know where my towers are, I just can never survive long enough to get there.

Bingbing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: February 15, 2012, 11:55:52 pm »

So I remembered that DF existed and decided to return for ZOMBIES. Yes, the idea of ruling an army of the dead was too good to ignore and I immediately downloaded the new version and browsed the forums. Good god you monsters should be ashamed for that child care thread

One of my demigod adventurers managed to actually get INTO a tower, grab the slab within it, and read it. Que all the zombies not attacking me.

Then on my way to the nearest town, I was ambushed and nearly killed by a trio of giant desert scorpions, one of which ripped my right foot off. Despite that, I somehow failed to bleed to death and even killed all 3 by just bashing them with my shield. Needless to say, I reanimated them for defense.

The scorpions eventually went down distracting a bunch of kobolds and I later got ambushed by 2 alligators. Died to my dagger, reanimated, and one of them would go on to become one of the greatest threats to living in the year 100: Lawtraces the Jade Safety.

So I finally reach a town in the cover of night, with my 2 alligators and a buzzard supporting me. Despite being asleep, one of the farmers manages to survive long enough to actually kill an alligator zombie and the buzzard before going back to bed. Then Lawtraces the Jade Safety got his name and title by waltzing in and killing everyone in two separate houses. This was done by basically being a ninja zombie, sneaking into the houses, and eating their brains while they slept.

I should also give a reference to the elf he killed. Once known as Lema Verapelina, she was by zombie standards remarkably kept together. Lawtraces, somehow had managed to kill her by merely bruising her brain and nothing else (normally the brain was torn to pieces), leaving her otherwise in perfect condition.

Her reanimated corpse soon proved itself to be a monster itself, promptly slaughtering more of the living than anyone else outside of Lawtraces and gaining it's own name: "Dangergrasped". Yes, an elf that ISN'T a complete failure at killing things.

I then retired, alongside my army of zombies, in the capital of the human nation. Incredibly, before I did so, one of the inhabitants managed to shoot down 11(!) of my massive horde and live to tell the tale. Well done Lusko Fancyecho the Rounded Gallows, and may she live a long life so that when she dies I can make her into another zombie for revenge.

tl;dr: Lawtraces is the best zombie alligator ever, bows are back to 40d levels of broken, and the zombie elf is scary.
Beware. Not of the E, or of the U, or even of the &, @, and b. Beware the #.<BR>(Translation:) Beware. Not of the elephants, or of the unicorns, or even the demons, carp, and badgers. Beware the husks, for they are relentless, corrupting, and unstoppable. Only the might of hell itself can even keep it in check; and only for a small period of time. If one sees such a being; run away, unless you like the idea of joining their ranks.

uber pye

• Bay Watcher
  • murderhobo extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: February 16, 2012, 12:00:45 am »

me: you look like a mighty warrior indeed

NPC: i am a lady.
"Immortal" just means that you haven't killed it hard enough

X-MAS TIME!!!!!
the mad immortal child! xmas themed

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3469 on: February 16, 2012, 12:06:02 am »

I just recruited 12 companions directly from a fort, and my Fighting skill is Legendary along with my Accomplished Maceman skill.

Look out evil, you're about to get demolished.

Edit: Oh gawdammit kobold ambush.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:09:14 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Kay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: February 16, 2012, 12:36:27 am »

So, made a new adventuress. A boxer/dodger/wrestler-type named Furi Caspasorus. Go to the first farmhouse to talk to some people, see what's new...

I ask the first guy what I could do for them. This is the first thing he says to me.

...come again?

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: February 16, 2012, 12:37:02 am »

Just spawned a new hero and I'm off to retrieve the artifact large, serrated adamantine disk and adamantine plate armor from my recent fortress.  Then it's off to slay every creature and bandit in the land... or die a horrible death.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: February 16, 2012, 12:39:48 am »

Just spawned a new hero and I'm off to retrieve the artifact large, serrated adamantine disk and adamantine plate armor from my recent fortress.  Then it's off to die a another horrible death.

There we go. Cause we all know that's what'll happen.
No offense.

Skid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: February 16, 2012, 12:57:40 am »

That is assuming I can actually reach the dang fortress.  Three adventurers lost so far on that fabled journey.
Playing a cheesemaker in an average Fortress 'round here would be. Freaking. Terrifying.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: February 16, 2012, 12:59:23 am »

And more will rise! Armok demands it!

Koronii

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: February 16, 2012, 02:05:50 am »

I just created a new adventurer, and in the house I spawned in is a dwarf who is obviously a vampire. I'm going to try to kill him now, wish me luck!

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: February 16, 2012, 02:07:02 am »

Found a "Deity" in the city - top floor of what I think is an old abbey.
"Demons masquerading as gods will try a little harder" is right!
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Haus Party

• Bay Watcher
  • Haus cancels Write paper: Taken by Mood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: February 16, 2012, 02:53:45 am »

Saw a weird grey spot on the map next to a big city. Decided to check it out.

A Child. A Human Child was hanging out inside. She announced herself and attacked me on sight, so I put a spear through her brain. For science, I drank her blood. If she's a vamp, I should know pretty soon. Right?

But she's probably not a vamp; no trophies. In fact, she was naked. Maybe a weresomething?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: February 16, 2012, 03:10:34 am »

Fighting tons of zombies.  It's tedious, there's always the risk of a mistake happening, but my guy, "Ash" has now Master swordsman, when he started from talented.

Killed two necromancers, haven't found a slab yet, I don't he'd be able to read it in any case. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: February 16, 2012, 04:01:05 am »

You know that ambush I mentioned earlier?

Well, we're now at 8 ready companions from 12. Not good.

Regardless of that, the kobolds were DECIMATED. At least 21 lie dead on the ground, with 7 dead by my hands.

OH GREAT A BANDIT AMBUSH WHAT THE FFFFFFF

I am now all by myself. The sole survivor of my group of effing 13. Son of a bitch.

This sucks so bad.

Oh great there's more that I haven't killed.

I had to kill 13 bandits overall. My goodness, my dude has to be ready to collapse by now.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 04:44:59 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.
Pages: 1 ... 230 231 [232] 233 234 ... 1104