Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 224 225 [226] 227 228 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2095997 times)

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3375 on: February 15, 2012, 10:27:33 am »

Already did that.  Nothing.
Did you take a point of reading? Also it's not the books, it's the slabs. You might find a dozen books in a tower, they're just flavor.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3376 on: February 15, 2012, 10:28:22 am »

Slabs? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3377 on: February 15, 2012, 10:31:27 am »

Slabs?
There should be a slab in the tower that was given to the necromancers by a dark and terrible god, that's what you have to read. Did you clear every level of the tower? I've killed over six necromancers and 100 zombies and I'm barely halfway done.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3378 on: February 15, 2012, 10:32:27 am »

On average, how many levels are there? 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3379 on: February 15, 2012, 10:36:03 am »

Hard to say, I've only found the one. They seem to be really hard to get to especially with the ridiculous frequency of ambushes. Either way if there's stairs you haven't gone up or a door you haven't opened I promise you there's about three dozen zombies and two necromancers who will raise them faster than they can die.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3380 on: February 15, 2012, 10:36:10 am »

Was travelling to a city, but before reaching it i found myself surrounded by crackling noises in the night.
And soon coming from every directions ... a throng of Bogeymen

After a brave desesperate resistance, my axedwarf fell under the number.
The Bogeyman kicks You in the lower body with its left foot, bruising the muscle through the alpaca wool coat!
The Bogeyman kicks You in the left lower leg from the side with its right foot, bruising the muscle through the sheep wool dress!
The Bogeyman kicks You in the lower body with its right foot, bruising the muscle and bruising the guts through the alpaca wool coat!
The Bogeyman bites You in the left foot, bruising the bone through the alpaca wool shoe!
The Bogeyman latches on firmly!
The Bogeyman punches You in the left upper leg from the side with its right hand, bruising the muscle through the alpaca wool coat!
The Bogeyman punches You in the left foot with its left hand, bruising the muscle through the alpaca wool shoe!
You give in to pain.
You fall over.
The Bogeyman shakes You around by the left foot, tearing apart the left foot's fat and bruising the bone!
A ligament in the left foot has been torn and a tendon has been torn!
The Bogeyman kicks You in the head with its right foot, bruising the muscle, jamming the skull through the brain and tearing the brain!
You have been struck down.

And thus ended my 1st character adventure in DF2012
I don't know what they had against my character legs and feet, but obviously from the log they really didn't liked them.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3381 on: February 15, 2012, 10:38:16 am »

Hard to say, I've only found the one. They seem to be really hard to get to especially with the ridiculous frequency of ambushes. Either way if there's stairs you haven't gone up or a door you haven't opened I promise you there's about three dozen zombies and two necromancers who will raise them faster than they can die.

Thanks for the info.  You've been really helpful. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3382 on: February 15, 2012, 10:38:54 am »

Okay, new adventurer, because the last one murdered by an arm. I'm heading to an evil plains biome to check out the new rains and clouds. Had to cross a river without a bridge, and lost my only companion when he went hurtling down a waterfall. Poor bastard.

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3383 on: February 15, 2012, 10:44:05 am »

Yet another new adventurer, started in a human hamlet...And the first house I visit has a hostile goblin, along with a neutral human farmer in it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Strange.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #3384 on: February 15, 2012, 10:53:18 am »

Weird, went to the necromancer tower, cleared out the place of zombies, I went to one floor, then pressed the "go up" button again.  Went to a new room filled with zombies.  I figured this was the jackpot, but I had to retreat.  Zombies re-killed, I tried going up again, through the hatch, but I can't. 

GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Pokey McFork

• Bay Watcher
  • [ITEM_TOOL:FORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3385 on: February 15, 2012, 10:57:58 am »

Just spent 3000+ turns beating a bogeyman with a necromancy slab, because I couldn't read it.
He still ardently refuses to die, despite having his skull caved in.

Twice.

By a bronze colossus.

Krelm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3386 on: February 15, 2012, 11:20:21 am »

Started a new adventurer (about my 40th) and my first quest was...

"This world is safer for travelers when night creatures no longer stalk the darkness."
    "Hailbaby is a half day's travel to the northeast."
    "Seek this place and kill Lem Scrubbedvoice the vampire."
    "Search first in the Speechless Punches, a keep there."
    "This bloodsucking fiend has killed ONE THOUSAND SIXTY-TWO in her lust for murder."

This adventurer was a wrestler/knife-user, and I was pretty certain I was gonna die. So I stroll into the keep where this vampire is and notice there are three other guys hanging out-- a bowelf, a crossbowelf, and a holy man. I accuse the lord of being a creature, he turns into the vampire mob, I grab his throat... and the crossbowelf one-shots him in the face.

What was cool, though, was I found out that this vampire kept a piece of jewelry from each of his kills. A thousand and sixty-two different dwarf/elf/human bone/tooth/hair amulets/crowns/rings.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #3387 on: February 15, 2012, 11:24:02 am »

licking ice from the waterskin.

campfire melt snow, but only that.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3388 on: February 15, 2012, 11:27:35 am »

Weird, went to the necromancer tower, cleared out the place of zombies, I went to one floor, then pressed the "go up" button again.  Went to a new room filled with zombies.  I figured this was the jackpot, but I had to retreat.  Zombies re-killed, I tried going up again, through the hatch, but I can't. 

Someone is standing on the hatch. try crouching and then going up. Puts you in a dangerous position. I did read you can now attack above you as well, somewhere.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

TomIrony

• Bay Watcher
  • Blood, Stone and Ash
    • View Profile
« Reply #3389 on: February 15, 2012, 11:29:28 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

No.

No one will ever know.
Quote from: KodKod