Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096159 times)

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3300 on: February 14, 2012, 04:15:34 pm »

Just came back from murdering a bunch of bandits in a sewer.
sadly this character died before I got to find a tower.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: February 14, 2012, 04:24:57 pm »

Oh god, don't go to the market in the morning. 20 pages of "The x regains consciousness"
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: February 14, 2012, 04:35:30 pm »

Currently genning a medium world with long history, max sites, and high civilizations for Adventure Mode.

My god is this taking a while. :o 30 minutes and only 300 years in.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 14, 2012, 04:36:39 pm »

I wandered through the market early once, grabbed myself some breakfast while everyone was asleep. :P No-one seemed to mind, either...

Anyway, my adventurer Hodell Zobshaocba is still going strong! He and his companion, Minat the weaver (there was a cheesemaker briefly, but he DIED. HORRIBLY.) have killed about five or so off-duty werebeasts so far, and next up he plans to wander into the city and see what's what.
Had a worrying moment where Minat was being taking down and beaten on my a rather strong were-beast... Hodell thought fast and threw his lunch bag, a sack filled with fisher berries, at the thing; he damaged its leg, the thing collapsed and he finished it off with a swift stab to the head.

Minat got off with a broken finger and some bruises, although I just noticed she's dehydrated... Any way to get your companions to drink, short of retiring briefly? ??? Do hunger and thirst even have any real effects? I tried starving myself, 'cause I wanted to get hungry enough to butcher a dead enemy, but I waited several days with no 'starving' message, just Hungry.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 14, 2012, 04:39:13 pm »

Found a strategy for dealing with necromancers.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 14, 2012, 04:42:01 pm »

"Try conglomerate throne!"

I was speechless. And legless, because of a lion. That happened earlier. I digress.

Oh man that is funny! ;D If I remember about it when I get back from work, you can consider yourself sigged.
Related: Darn work, cutting into my DF time...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Old Bones

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro skub
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 14, 2012, 04:43:54 pm »

Revolution!

There was a market right outside this night creature's castle so I lead him outside and the townspeople are gangraping him.

Vichan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 14, 2012, 04:57:32 pm »

I seem to have problems finding tombs and sewers, are the former to be found in the latter? I did see 'sewer access' pop up in fast travel occasionally but I have no idea what to look for entrance-wise.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 14, 2012, 05:00:06 pm »

You can get into catacombs from Temples and Castles, They connect to sewers I think.

In any case, you'd be looking for a hatch, can't remember the symbol offhand.
*Hugs*

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 14, 2012, 05:12:47 pm »

Currently genning a medium world with long history, max sites, and high civilizations for Adventure Mode.

My god is this taking a while. :o 30 minutes and only 300 years in.

...I think I'll stop genning at 375, or so and start playing, because it's taking an EXTREMELY long time to gen a year. :o
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 14, 2012, 05:18:31 pm »

Yeah, mine was taking so long I had to force quit DF, I think I'll be sticking with small worlds.
*Hugs*

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:36 pm »

Hoo boy, having a lot of fun with this. Found the catacomb entrance in the castle of the local town, and found a bit of loot, then ran into a band of humans down there. I completely fucked them up with my pike, and my three soldier followers helped out as well. I decided to check the next room over before collecting all the loot, and bam, crossbow bolt to the lung. So I'm crawling around on the ground, barely able to breath, with the mortal wound indicator flashing. My buddies charge in, and the crossbowman screws them up. They panic and run out, and luckily, the crossbowman follows, and I stab at his ankles as he comes through the door. Once he is on the ground, I stab off his bow hand and then just keep hitting until he passes out and I can punch in his skull.

Oh, and did I mention that my past two characters have also died to crossbowmen?  :P

Either way, I managed to crawl back out and sleep off my minor wounds and shredded lung without medical attention, and now I have a huge pile of loot, a shiny new iron halberd, and a complete set of iron armor to hopefully stop that from happening again, plus a couple wicked scars. Time to go back in!  :D

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Areyar

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecstatic about recieving his own E:4 mug recently
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 14, 2012, 05:27:52 pm »

Awesome! Loving the new stuff. (new travel mode maps, traps, interactions, explorable locations)
even if Adventure mode seems a bit slower now.

Mummies are easy to dismember, it's their curse that will get you!
I got nipped to death by a butchered skull I was carrying around... actually, I gave in to the pain and the skeletons finished me off.
(:Next time more constitution stat, so I won't faint so easilly)

Is the constant bleeding to death of skins a feature or a minor bug?

I noticed that missions and tombs desecrated by earlier adventurers are still indicated on the travel map for the new ones. Not sure if this is an old bug.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 05:30:38 pm by Areyar »
My images bucket for WIPs and such: link

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 14, 2012, 05:28:34 pm »

Apparently, raising corpses turns all your allies against you.  Oh well, more flesh-slaves for me!
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 14, 2012, 05:31:39 pm »

Apparently, raising corpses turns all your allies against you.  Oh well, more flesh-slaves for me!
Yeah, I did this in the catacombs under a town. Boy, that one was hard to escape from.
*Hugs*
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1104