Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 1104

Author Topic: What's going on in your adventure?  (Read 2096207 times)

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
Re: What's going on in your adventure?
« Reply #3270 on: February 14, 2012, 11:36:06 am »

"Try conglomerate throne!"

I was speechless. And legless, because of a lion. That happened earlier. I digress.

going forward I went in a sewer, and started cutting leg to kobolds to even the odds of combat. it's going fine, but crawling is slow. I need a crutch. or a medic.

MaskedMiner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: February 14, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

Just got a quest to kill a night creature. Apparently only silver will hurt her... I gotta find a silver weapon... or at least something silver to use against her.

Actually no. That applies ONLY if they are transformed. How do I know? I got a quest to kill werebeast with weakness to silver, but I said screw it and went there straight away. Since she was naked and unnarmed AND untransformed, it was rather easy  :P Of course, I could be wrong and naked human could have still been weak only to silver, but when they aren't transformed and are naked, it doesn't really matter when axe is hit at their head.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 14, 2012, 11:52:00 am »

I was wandering the desert seeking a night creature, I got hungry so I decided to go hunting. The first thing I found was an armadillo which ran surprisingly quickly away from me then abruptly curled into a ball leaving only it's shell open for attack. I somehow cut off the shell without harming the creature and then punched it until it became edible. If this is Toady's way of proposing I accept.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
  • Helping to deforest the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: February 14, 2012, 11:54:31 am »

catacombs found. Geared up with all the random junk lying around, killed an elf archer, human crossbowman, human pikeman, elf maceman, human swordsman and then a freaking spearman stabs my foot, severing motor nerves... Right, let's see if this place has a crutch somewhere.
Quote from: Urist Imiknorris
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.
Quote from: Frogwarrior
And then everyone melted.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: February 14, 2012, 12:01:40 pm »

Amusingly, my most succesful adventurer thus far is Hodell Zobshaocba, a human outsider who began his current career with nothing but a spear and dagger, having woken up nude in a ditch outside of town.
Since then he's slain two monstrous creatures to the relief of the local populace, looted a whole bunch of mis-matched equipment (including a heavily-adorned bronze pick for throwing) and acquired a comrade in the form of a lovely female weaver called Minat.
We shall see what the future holds for bold Hodell...
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Gizogin

• Bay Watcher
  • [EVIL][RAWMANCER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: February 14, 2012, 12:05:39 pm »

Just got my first vampire quest.  Umm...

I'm scared.
Quote from: franti
"Let's expose our military to zombie-dust so they can't feel pain. They don't NEED skin."
Quote from: Ipwnurmom221
One FB post. Many dick jokes. Pokemon. !!VOLCANO!!. Dwarven mood thingee. Derailment itself. Girlinhat's hat. Cuba. Karl Marx. This is why i love Bay12 forums.
The rest of my sig.
Fear the fluffballs

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: February 14, 2012, 12:14:30 pm »

A bone doctor just asked me to travel to the capital city and assassinate a vampire siege engineer that lives there.

I've been playing for five seconds and I am already in love with this release.

Edit: Oh, and he's also the law-giver.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 12:22:49 pm by Ringmaster »

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: February 14, 2012, 12:35:21 pm »

catacombs found. Geared up with all the random junk lying around, killed an elf archer, human crossbowman, human pikeman, elf maceman, human swordsman and then a freaking spearman stabs my foot, severing motor nerves... Right, let's see if this place has a crutch somewhere.

back with an update:
The brave adventurer opened a door and found 10 enemies and continued to slash off hands and feet like a madman, despite not being able to walk. In the end, the elf captain of this band of brigands shot him in the head, but not after losing 5 followers and many of the others with either just one or even none hands or arms left. Love it. I was actually looking for some followers.
Jam a door with its corpse and let all the goblins in. Hey, nobody said it had to be a weapon against your enemies.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3278 on: February 14, 2012, 12:43:00 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Having fun with camp fires. Also attacked a merchant, scared him off and set everything on fire. Then I set his door on fire for good measure. Then went on an arson rampage until the vampire law giver decided to stop the madness.
On the bright side I cut both of its hands off and left a copper dagger, bronze boning knife and a spear stuck in its lower body. Lovely!

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: February 14, 2012, 12:59:59 pm »

next time, drink vampire blood and become vampire king!

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: February 14, 2012, 01:13:45 pm »

I ask my self now with Necromancy added in what the hell am I going try to add in now?
Adventure mode caravan service?
Adventure mode relationships?
Adventure mode quests?
I guess I could see if I could test the option to fast travel over water since the new river blocks going to piss off some folks.
especially the flying kind.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: February 14, 2012, 01:40:10 pm »

when scrounging some stuff from catacombs, watch out for skeletons, and disable dodging when next to a pit. I was cutting them down fine before that.

EmperorNuthulu

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes nu's for their blueness, oh and that mohawk!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: February 14, 2012, 02:07:39 pm »

So I went to a necromancers tower and noticed there was two necromancers, A human miller and a dwarf animal dissector. I thought this was pretty cool and killed one, then two more necromancers turned up. In the end there was like ten necromancers.

EDIT: Okay it's gotten more insane, they raised my corpse and my corpse is attacking them. Okay now they've killed my corpse and raised it again. The corpse is still attacking them.

EDIT2: I checked world gen and yes there was 10 of them. Also it seems these Necromancers have written most of the books ever written. So basically there is a tower with 10 shakespeare-esque zombies I guess.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:19:22 pm by EmperorNuthulu »
Blargh.

Garath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 14, 2012, 02:23:29 pm »

that is actually, wow. Your undead reanimated corpse is still trying to kill the necromancers. Hillarious.

Vichan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: February 14, 2012, 02:30:58 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Someone's been busy!

EDIT: Turns out it's the Law-giver, the plot thickens!

EDIT 2: Tore off her arm and she lost hold of about 30 items.

EDIT 3: The same thing happened when I cut off her foot.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 02:40:22 pm by Vichan »
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 1104